Dance Lesson

It's Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To say, 'Youngjae was shocked', was an understatement. He literally screamed when Kahi had walked in the door, smiling to everyone. When she passed him, he bowed so low that he ended up kneeing himself in the face. Kahi scrambled to check if he was okay while the other trainees had started laughing at him. Kenta had pulled him so they were standing together, while Youngjae clutched his nose in pain.

"Are you okay?" Kahi asked, holding her book close to her chest.

'Am I okay? AM I OKAY? I'M IN FRONT OF THE GODDESS THAT USED TO BE THE LEADER OF AFTER SCHOOL. I'M NOT OKAY. I'M NOT EVEN MENTALLY PREPARED FOR THIS. WHAT DO I SAY? HEY, YOU WERE MY FIRST BIAS EVER AND AFTER SCHOOL IS MY FAVORITE GROUP OF ALL TIME? NO, I'LL LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT. I'M ALREADY EMBARASSING MYSELF. ABORT. I REPEAT. ABORT.'

"Yeah," Youngjae blushed, looking to the floor. Everybody else laughed again while Kahi walked to the center of the room, flanked by two dancers.

"Does everyone remember what they learned earlier?" Kahi placed her files on the side of the practice room and wrapping her jacket around her waist. She placed her hands on her hips and looked at everyone in the mirror, glaring at them when there was no answer.

Youngjae nodded, actually happy that he had learnt the moves before.

"Don't tell me you forgot them," Kahi said sternly. Her tough unnie vibes were coming through again, making some of the trainees become overwhelmed because of her charisma. "We'll run through them just to be sure. Those who are confident in the moves come to the front and those who aren't as confident go to the back."

Youngjae was about to flock towards the back but Kenta and Jihoon each grabbed one of his arms, dragging him towards the front. He tried to dig his heels in to stop them, but they were already in the front. Youngjae glared at the both of them before looking at Kahi in the mirror, blushing lightly when she laughed at him.

"Ready?" Kahi asked, already tapping the beat with her foot. "One, two, three, four." 

The whole class ran through the moves they had learnt yesterday, running through them smoothly making her nod in relief. They did the routine once more before she started teaching them the entire dance.

Youngjae managed to follow her movements, taking note of where her body weight is leaning and the position of her feet at all times. He could still hear Hyeob's voice in his head, telling him everything that he should analyze when learning a dance.

"Learn the choreography in small chunks. If you can't remember the step, try to come up with a move that will help you remember

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter