Group Battle Evaluations Pt. 3

It's Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Out of all the trainers, Kwon Jaeseung is definitely the scariest.

Youngjae's not being biased either. He looks the scariest and scolds the trainees the most out of all the trainers. If you do manage to get a compliment from him, you know you're doing something right.

When both teams line up in the training room against the wall, Youngjae feels like he's going through a physical examination. It's taking him everything he's got to keep eye contact and not get scared away. He probably would've run out if he wasn't holding Eunki's hand, even though he's in the other team.

"Let's see Team 1 first," Youngjae could practically feel his soul floating away as he moved into position with the rest of his team. Eunki gave his hand one last squeeze before sitting with the rest of his team.

'It's all about expression,' Youngjae thought as he watched himself move in the mirror. He imagined it was just him, Taehyun and Sungwoon dancing in one of the training rooms, like the other night. Every line was being punctuated with a facial expression, Youngjae was truly channelling the meme lord, Jisung, himself with a dash of screaming Kim Taemin thrown in there.

He could see Jaeseung send him a smile, making Youngjae cheer inwardly.

But the smile was gone as Jaeseung focused right on Jaechan, just as the older male had forgotten the words. Youngjae almost gasped aloud when Jaechan stumbled, forgetting the dance moves as well.

"Jaechan, what are you going to do?" Jaeseung asked, just as Youngjae's team finished their choreography.

"I'll work harder," Jaechan answered, everybody lined up.

"That's not good enough, everyone works hard." Jaechan looked down in embarrassment. "Let's see Team 2's center."

Eunki hopped up, high fiving Youngjae, as the younger sat down on the side with the rest of his team.

Youngjae was lowkey dying on the inside when Eunki was chosen as center. One, it's because he knows the Eunki will slay the out of anything that involves dancing, and his visual is great as well. But on the other hand, he's on the other team, and Youngjae wants to win.

Despite his competitive spirit, he can't help but clap at the great job Eunki does, even if it does earn him a scolding from Taemin. He did feel bad when Jaechan got compared, and made mistakes with this dancing and singing again. 

"I... can't follow the center part," Jaechan admitted, averting his eyes towards the ground.

"Then sit down." Jaeseung dismissed him immediately.

"I'm sorry," Jaechan bowed, hurrying over to the rest of the team.

"Hoorim!" Jaeseung yelled.

"Yes?"

"Are you okay with this?" Hoorim stayed silent. "Not raising his head, not remembering the dance or the lyrics. Why are you giving up? Your center is insecure."

The whole team lined up again, Youngjae staring at the ground.

"Jaechan, I'll be perfectly honest. Both Youngjae and Jisung are the best in Team 1. They both have their facial expressions worked out and they make it look easy. You all should go back discuss with each other if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter