Vocal Lesson

It's Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Aww, we have rehearsals all morning.' Youngjae groaned in his head, frowning at the schedule. First period they had vocal training with Shin Yumi, followed by dance training with Kahi then lunch and had a free afternoon.

Youngjae looked around for Jihoon, who was already walking off with some other people in C, making Youngjae pout. Instead, he managed to quickly make friends with Kenta and instead accompanied the Japanese male towards the practice room. Kenta was delighted to meet someone else who spoke Japanese, both males immediately getting caught in a flurry of words that confused the other trainees that walked past.

Youngjae and Kenta immediately sat down when they entered the room, already claiming a space in the corner as there own. The trainees were waiting for the class to commence, sitting in small groups while a keyboard sat at the front of the room.

"Ahh, I don't get it, hyung." Youngjae switched back to Korean after Kenta requested that they practice his Korean. "How are you twenty three years old? You look the same age as me."

"You're just really tall, Jae." Kenta shrugged his shoulders. "I'm sure that most people here are older than you. Most people here are older than twenty."

Kenta laughed at Youngjae's brokenhearted expression, the other male falling over in laughter. Youngjae pouted at the older male, nudging his leg when Yumi had finally walked in.

Everybody immediately stood up and bowed respectfully, sitting in a semi circle around her and the keyboard. Various greetings were exhanged before they had started the class.

"What do you guys think about the song? Is it hard? Easy?" Yumi asked, taking a sip of her coffee.

"The pitch is a little too high for some of us." Jihoon spoke, coughing. Yumi nodded in understanding.

"Is there anybody who's confident in singing?" Yumi asked, crossing her arms and leaning forward. "Does anybody want to give this a try? We'll be going through everybody one by one, so does anybody want to go first? Or should I choose?"

Trainees were looking at each other, each willing the other to go first. Youngjae and Kenta huddled together at the back, trying to stay hidden at the back. Yumi notcied the duo, giggling at how cute they were, and looking around for anybody to volunteer.

"My expectations might be a touch too high. But don't make me lower them." Yumi said sternly, looking at everyone in the class.

'It's like she's my mother. Usually only my mother scares me this much.' Youngjae thought, trying not to meet her eyes.

"Okay," Yumi shrugged when nobody volunteered.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter