Group Battle Evaluations Pt. 1

It's Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Its now the time for the group battle evaluations?" Youngjae though as everyone was led into the large foyer. They were lined up in their classes awaiting for confirmation from the PD-nim. Youngjae stood inbetween Samuel and Daehwi, holding the latter's hand tightly in anticipation.

"Hello," BoA walked in, her heels travelling loudly across the floor. Everyone clapped animatedly, bowing in respect. BoA smiled at everyone, quickly scanning over the cards in her hand. "Starting from today, the previous ranking system will be replaced with a new system. The survival mission this time is... a group battle evalutation."

Everyone seemed excited by the new mission. To everyone else, Youngjae looked indifferent but on the inside, he was freaking out inside.

"There will be sixteen groups battling but only eight songs you need to master. Two groups will select one song and compete against each other. In the past season, there was a 1000 point benefit for the winning group. This time it won't be 1000 points."

'Oh no, maybe I would've actually been able to stay if I had gotten those 1000 points.' Youngjae already started freaking out about being eliminated, even though he's never checked his rank online.

"Three times last season, 3000 points will be given." Youngjae jumped excitedly on the spot, linking hands with Daehwi and jumping loudly. "There is an additional benefit to the winning group. You will be given another chance to perform on M Countdown."

'I HAVE TO WIN!' Youngjae thought, already dreaming about performing on the stage again.

"Once group evaluations have finished, trainees from rank 61-101 will be eliminated." Youngjae prayed so hard that he wouldn't have been one of them. "We will reveal the evaluation songs right now."

The sheet dropped from behind her, revealing all of the potential song choices. Youngjae's eyes immediately zoomed in on 2PM's debut song, 10점 만점에 10점, that song never fails to make him dance. But there was also 만세 by SEVENTEEN which is also an amazing song, as well as 누난 너무 예뻐 by SHINee which is still the best debut song in Youngjae's opinion.

"The song and group members will be chosen at random. After the first group is selected, the trainees selected for the next group will be chosen at random from this box. The first trainees to choose his group has already been decided."

Youngjae looked around, confused at her words.

"What position is the most important in Produce 101?" BoA yelled.

"Center?" Youngjae answered, still confused, while the other trainees answered it confidentally. Youngjae's eyes met Daehwi's, realisation automatically setting into his eyes.

"Brand New Music's Lee Daehwi is given the chance to be the first to pick his group members. Please choose your team."

As soon as Sungwoon and Samuel were chosen, Youngjae knew that Daehwi was going to pick all of the popular ones that caused an issue on social media. Youngjae himself had also gained a nickname, the Smiling Angel, due to his grin and snaggletooth. But he didn't cause as huge of an issue as 'wink boy' Park Jihoon.

Daehwi met Youngjae's eyes, rai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter