Midnight Snacks

It's Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dinner was a confusing experience, just like lunch.

Youngjae sat with the same group of people, except this time they were joined by Joo Haknyeon (Jinyoung blushed heavily when the Jeju-do born boy had taken a seat next to him. Jinyoung also stared daggers at Youngjae when the other male made kissy faces towards him) and Kim Dongbin (who Youngjae had first made friends with on the first day when the both of them got up and danced to Pick Me from the first season).

They both agreed that they didn't like the way everyone was split apart either, so they wanted to demonstrate their mindset by sitting with Youngjae and his friends.

"Dongbinnie~" Youngjae wrapped his arms around Dongbin's neck, putting him in a chokehold and giving him a noogie. The others laughed at the table at the two's antics.

Apart from getting to know each other, (Youngjae noticed how Haknyeon was already resting his head on Jinyoung's shoulder by the end of dinner), everyone had finally split off their separate ways.

Youngjae was eventually left alone in one of the practice rooms, practicing his vocals with the keyboard.

"Hello? Jae?" Hyungseob's head popped through the door, waving out to the younger. "Can I practice in here with you?"

"I don't know, hyung." Youngjae looked at the PD-nim, seated at the back of the training room. "Are we allowed to practice together, PD-nim?"

"I don't mind," The PD-nim shrugged his shoulders. "We never really had people practice in other training rooms before, but I see no problem with it."

Hyungseob whooped in delight, bouncing into the practice room, and standing next to the keyboard.

"I really need your help with my singing, Jae." Hyungseob sulked, lowering his head. Youngjae felt bad for his hyung, so he got up and wrapped him in a hug, Hyungseob reciprocating it easily.

"You'll be fine, hyung." Youngjae hid his smile in the older's shoulder. "Let's go up to A together!"

Hyungseob smiled at those words, nodding graciously.

"Let's start, hyung," Youngjae took a seat behind the keyboard, playing the starting note of the first line of the song. Hyungseob's face immediately went serious, his entire posture tensing. Youngjae frowned when Hyungseob started singing. It sounded so boring and unenthusiastic, like he really didn't want to sing this song.

"How was that, Jae?" Hyungseob asked when he finished the first verse.

"It sounded okay, hyung, but I think you could be better." Youngjae told him honestly. Hyungseob's mouth went dry, unable to form any words. "Your rhythm and your pitch was good but it just didn't sound like you were enjoying yourself, and I could hear it. Look at how tense you are, hyung."

Youngjae gestured to Hyungseob's form in the mirror. The older looked at himself, immediately catching on to what Youngjae was saying. He was stood hunched over with a frown on his face, easily showing how he was feeling at the moment.

"I'm sorry, Jae," Hyungseob bowed his head.

"No worries, hyung. Let's just do something else for now." Youngjae got up from his seat and took Hyungseob's hand, dragging him d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter