Center Picking Pt. 1

It's Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngjae caught a glance of his reflection in the mirror as he made his way to the set.

He wasn't too happy about wearing pink. Even though it went well with his bubbly personality and aesthetic, he just didn't feel like the color suited him. He half wished that he was in D because green was a cool color and much more his style. He frowned once more at his reflection before looking at Hyungseob, thinking that it suited the older a lot.

Youngjae shrugged his shoulder once more before taking a seat on one of the black terraces situated around the set, Hyungseob and Taedong taking seats on either side of them. Youngjae pouted when he saw Hyeob sitting on the other side of the stage, waving to him and running a finger down beneath his eye, mimicking a tear. Hyeob smiled and winked at the younger, laughing when Youngjae caught it and put in his pocket. He brightened immediately when Kenta and Jihoon were seated behind him, interacting with them excitedly, happy that they were moved up to B.

The producers had signalled for them to quiet down when BoA had walked in. Youngjae looked around the set in confusion, not recognising any of it when he was watching the first season.

Everyone clapped in admiration except for Youngjae, who was having a hard time trying not faint at being within touching distance of a queen.

"Your first stage of the title song, 나야 나, is very close. You are practicing hard, right?" Everybody agreed enthusiastically. "Before we begin your mission, dos anybody know why I'm here."

Youngjae looked at Hyungseob who shrugged his shoulders, Taedong doing the same thing.

"Produce 101, Season 2. We're here to select our first center." Various noises of understanding were made, while Youngjae visibly deflated in his seat. "As you already know, the center for the title song is only one person. However, only the final 17 A graders are nominees for the position. Season 1's center was present in I.O.I. Who was that?"

"Choi Yoojung!" The trainees all yelled out enthusiastically.

"If Choi Yoojung didn't get the center position, would it have been easier for her to make the Top 11? Now do you understand how important the first center position is?"

Youngjae's hand shot up immediately.

"Yes?" BoA asked him.

"If we don't want to be the center, do we have to participate?" Youngjae asked, making all the other trainees look at him in confusion. Other trainees were looking at him in confusion, who wouldn't want to be the center.

"I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter