Evaluations Pt. 2

It's Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shout out to Xxdreamergirl for the upvote.

"Now it's time to introduce the people who will make you into global idols, the Produce 101 training team."

As the team walked out, the room erupted into a cheer, claps filling the room. Youngjae was no exception, his inner fanboy already taking over.

'Lee Seokhoon, member of the best ballad group SG Wannabe, is the new vocal trainer. His vocals make me melt and they always hit me right in the feels. Shin Yumi is supposed to have worked for YG and JYP as a vocal trainer, I heard she even taught TWICE and GOT7. Kahi has got to be my favorite though. I remember when she was a member of After School, their Shampoo lineup was the best thing ever. Kwon Jaesung-sunbaenim makes really good powerful dances, according to Hwayoung-noona. She respects his skill a lot. And last but not least, Cheetah and Don Mills. Only one word for both of them. Swag.'

Youngjae started fanning himself, trying to stop his inner fanboy from taking full control. He tried to breathe slowly, even though his mind was racing. He couldn't believe that so many amazing people were going to be his teachers.

"We will start with the evaluation that'll sort the trainees in ranking from F to A." BoA cut in, the room silencing immediately. "The reason we're ranking trainees is to give lessons according to each trainee's level. In the end, it's our goal for all trainees to acheive Level A. Then from now on, we'll begin the evaluation. Is there anyone who would like to go first?"

Youngjae looked down the line, sweat dropping as the Yuehua trainees put their hands up in assignment.

'How much confidence do these guys have? I hope they do well.'

"I like your courage." BoA complimented them, making Youngjae wish that he had gone first.

While they had gone to get their mics on, Youngjae had continued to look around at the other trainees. He still wondered if he knew any of them.

"Wait, Jae?" Another voice called, immediately making Youngjae turn away and look for whoever shouted his name. His eyes immediately zoned in on a pink haired figure, causing his eyes to bulge.

"Daniel? What are you doing here?" Youngjae asked in English. He hadn't seen the older in a few months, having gone out to lunch to catch up.

"Jae, you can't talk to me like that in public. Everyone will think it's rude." Youngjae pouted at his hyung, his eyes widening considerably. Daniel could only shake his head at the younger's antics, instead pointing towards the front where the Yuehua boys were ready to perform.

As soon as the music hit, Youngjae worried for them. 'Just Right' was such a difficult song to perform, and it didn't help that GOT7 were the latest trending idols, but there's just movement combined with smooth vocals that made it a difficult song. Youngjae thought that they did well, considering how they managed to make up for shaky vocals with their expressions but overall he didn't think the result was going to be as bad as it was. Personally he thought they would've mostly been C level but the trainers didn't really think so.

As the auditions kept progressing, Youngjae kept getting more and more nervous. There were some other trainees that he was majorly impressed with such as Ong Seongwoo from Fantagio as well as the others from Media Line Entertainment. He ended up moving down to get his mic on just as MMO was about to perform. Youngjae managed to send Daniel a thumbs up before disappearing to get his mic put on.

Youngjae could only watch in excitement at how well MMO had done, even cheering and high fiving Daniel when he came back, because of his B level. He nervously wal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter