Chapter 14

Spring Day

"WooJin?" I asked in a low tone over the phone. I had taken it from somin ; not that I had a chance not to.

 

"Hey-jiwoo?" He sounded taken back or surprised. I crumbled like a ball from all the embarrassment that I was feeling. On top of that I have somin sticking her ear next to mine and the phone just so she can listen. 

 

"Ah yeah" I said with an awkward giggle. "How are you?" I asked hoping he wouldn't ask how I got his number. 

 

My eyes where shut and my fingers were crossed while somin was hanging on me , begging me to have the phone on speaker.

 

"I'm great now" he chuckled "how did you get my number? Is everything alright ?" He asked what I was hoping he wouldn't.

 

I paused , what was I supposed to tell him.

 

"Uh.. everything is alright" I said "Do you wanna have lunch ?" I asked not answering his first question.

 

"Lunch?" He sounded confused. "Hell yeah!" He said and I sighed in relief.

 

'What did he say' somin kept whispering. I put my hand over to silent her.

 

"Cool, I'll be waiting in the restaurant that's across the street from our uni" I said and looked at somin who was dying to know.

 

"That's great !" He sounded extremely excited ? I'm not sure.

 

"Alright ,  see you " we said before hanging up the phone.

 

"What?" Somin asked as soon as I hang up.

 

"What?" I repeated.

 

"Is he coming or not ? Duh!" She asked and her eyes where full of hope.

 

"Lets go and get busted " I said and jumped off the side of the stairs that we were siting on.

 

"He's coming!" She screamed , jumping all around me.

 

"What are you doing?" I said covering my face with my hand.

 

"You're the best friend ever!" She giggled and hugged my arm. At that moment she looked like a 13 years old girl who's going on a first date with her crush. 

 

I keep thinking over and over on how she's a lucky girl that I would want to be like , one day.

 

 

 

10 minutes later , we were siting in the same place we sat in last time . Last time when Taehyung was here as well. I smiled at the thought of him. I looked up to find wooJin walking over to our table , waving his hand with big grin on his face.

 

I didn't know asking him for lunch would make him that happy?!

 

He haven't seen somin yet , her back was facing his direction.

 

"Is he coming ? He's coming ?" Somin whispered.

 

"Yeah , would you please calm down!" I said and looked up to wooJin who was now near our table.

 

"Ayo jiwoo!" He said and raised his hand for a 'high five' . Still not noticing somin. 

 

'I'm sorry I might disappoint you' I thought , looking at his cheerful face which might not last long-

 

"How come you Calle-" he spoke and stoped when he  noticed the girl sitting in front of me. 

 

He looked at somin who was smiling like an angel at him, his face started to tense up. 

 

If he was a volcano he would've been burst by now. The anger on his face is indescribable.

 

I looked frightened myself. Somin must've noticed it so she took the first step to break the ice that was just formed in a second.

 

She reached out and held his hand while looking up at him. "Woojin, Lets just eat together" she said. Her eyes were literally begging him. His face showed no different emotion that anger.

 

"Please " she begged. I felt pity for her. His eyes turned to look at me. It was dark. His stares at me was dark and cold. Just like the first time.

 

He threw his fist in the air to take her pleading hand from his.

 

"Is this where you got my number from?" He asked with disgust referring to her. 

 

I stayed silent. Fear and regret took over me.

 

"Is this why you asked to have lunch ?" He raised his voice. 

 

I needed to speak. I shouldn't be silent at this moment. I shouldn't be scared nor cry like last time.

 

I needed to speak back to him . Even if all I will say is lie .