Chapter 7

Spring Day

Talk about awkward lunch gathering with people you barely know! Tension replaced the air and you would find it hard to even have a spoonful of food without choking from awkwardness! This is our situation right now... thanks to someone who's acting like she's fine with all of this mess!

 

"Why are you guys not eating?" Somin exclaimed, seeing us all playing with food in our plate trying to cope with this awkward situation.

 

"Something is blocking my throat, trying to choke me somehow," Woojin said through gritted teeth, throwing a nasty look to Somin in front of him. In return she just dodged it and continued chewing on the food. 

 

I was seated next to her, and I could tell Woojin 's stare would kill someone and I didn't even know how she was fine about it and acted like she's used to it!

 

I tried to make things less tense by chewing on some food while giving away few smiles here and there to them. I just feel like I'm the one out of place and like the three of them know why everything is so tense at the moment.

 

"Jiwoo," Woojin called my name and I looked up at him. "If you're done eating, I need to talk to you," he said. "Somewhere away from here," he added, giving Somin another deadly stare before turning his attention back to me.

 

"You can just say it here," Somin spoke. "We all know each other— I mean me, you and Taehyung." What the... they already knew each other? Why am I even surprised when I knew I'm the only one out of place In here.

 

"But we definitely aren't close," Taehyung said and I just realized he hadn't said anything from the time we got here. 

 

He looked at Somin and somehow to me; his look said that 'because of you' look .

 

Eagerness is killing me, just what kind of history relates these three together and why the hell am I involved?!

 

Frankly, I've never been in a situation as awkward as this and I for sure don't know what to do. I turned and looked at Taehyung who's infront of me and next to Woojin and then turned and looked at Somin whose face looks completely annoyed. 

 

"Um.." I hesitated but I knew that I needed to talk to him as well. I looked at my plate that doesn't look like it was touched. "Yeah sure, I'm full already," I said, looking away from my plate to Woojin who was already standing up.

 

"I'll meet you outside," he said before leaving the table. Thanks, now I'm left alone to deal with these two...

 

"I-" I was cut off before even speaking.

 

"You two seem close," she spoke before putting her spoon down and then eyeing me from head to toe.

 

I laughed awkwardly. "We're not actually..." I said before standing up to leave.

 

"Don't get to close to Woojin," she went on while crossing her arms. "He's not someone you'd want to be close to... at least not when I'm still around," she added.

 

What exactly does that mean?

 

I looked at an expressionless Taehyung who seemed like he knew what she meant but acted like he didn't. I gave him a smile before grabbing my bag and walking away. 

 

At this moment I knew, she is not someone I could or wanted to be friends with, never ever during my stay in this college.

 

 

 

I walked out to find Woojin waiting for me across the street from the restaurant. 

 

I needed to apologize to him and ask him something I know I shouldn't be asking but I can't help my curious self, I thought as I crossed the street to meet him.

 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

 

Thank you for reading ^^

Let me know if the chapters are short. Since spring break is over I don't find time to write my chapters so I end up with short ones.

 

Xo love , Paula ^^