Chapter 15

Spring Day

"WooJin wait!" I called out for him. I didn't realize he had started walking while I was dozed off thinking what am I supposed to tell him; what excuse I have to tell him. 

 

"He won't comeback if I ask him to" somin said with tears building up in her eyes. This girl just made me run after him and explain with a lie.

 

He looked mad , angry and hurt. This is not deja vu. It happened before and I ended up crying and made everything awkward but not this time.

 

"Listen to me!" I said and grabbed him by his bicep. I never knew he worked out a lot; but that wasn't the right time to think about it.

 

Both of us we're surprised by my grab. He turned around and looked at me with his sharp eyes. 

 

I was stuttering. I was stuttering once again.

 

"What do you want jiwoo?" He asked.

 

"I- just- I just-" I had a lot to say ; a lot of lies to say but none where coming out of my dry lips.

 

"You bought me here running thinking you want to have lunch with me just to find that you've actually set it up with that .. with that" he spoke as if he's hurt pointing to the inside of the restaurant where somin sat. 

 

Why would he come here running? And why is he so hurt.

 

"Why would you come here running?" I spoke my thoughts.

 

He looked taken aback by my question. He moved his gaze on me and started looking away.

 

"I- I just thought .." he was stuttering "I-I ... just thought you were hungry" he said softly and it didn't make sense to me. He wouldn't come running just because I was hungry , would he? I thought.

 

"I'm leaving .." he said looking at me before he turned to walk.

 

I grab him once again , this time by his hand. What has gotten into me today. Who've put all these courage in me.

 

"We need to eat!" I said still trying to persuade him.

 

"I'm not eating together with her" he said going back to being angry.

 

"You need to listen" I said . I was ready to start lie as long as somin gets to eat with him and will never have to do her a favor again.

 

"After I called you I met somin here; coincidently." I said and looked at him hoping he would believe. It wasn't working So i had to lie more.

 

"I didn't offer her to eat with us, but she was alone and looked ... and looked" I got stuck up on my lies. "She looked ... lonely . So just walked to me and sat down, and then you walked in and made all of this fuss" I said making it seem like he misunderstood everything.

 

He looked at me not even blinking. I moved my hand in front of his face "I'm really~~ hungry" I said and then realized I was acting way to cute and lying right now.   

 

"You're such a bad lier " he said and I sighed in defeat. "But I'm gonna accept it this time ... whatever lies you just made up" I looked up at him with huge smile and grinned.

 

"Just because you're hungry !" He said looking the other way , trying to act .. what? .. tough ?

 

'Tough cookie' I thought a giggled at my thoughts.

 

"And don't make that whatever thing you did there .. cutene- or whatever it was!" He said still not looking my way. 

 

How can someone go from cheerful to mad & angry to .. to this ... cute cookie!!!!!

 

I suddenly felt like he's a friend I always wanted.

 

"Why?" I asked trying to act cute or whatever and he was right I shouldn't or I'll end up cringing my whole life.

 

"Because they're gonna end up dying!" He said and didn't realize it was a compliment , at least for me!

 

"Thank you ~" I said with a smile. 

 

"...from cringing you idiot!" He said and walked past me into the restaurant.

 

"You're not hungry !" He turned around and looked at me , I laughed and followed him in.

 

Mission complete ~ ... half way through only.