Free Day

A New Journey

Ai Mi sighed and looked around the dance room. "You know what, let's have the day off." She said.

"But noona, Abbie and RenJi are recording," Zach raised an eyebrow. "So are Michael and JooWan."

"And Junhyun and Layla," HeeRin added. "How can we have the day off if we're already here."

With a chuckle, Ai Mi nodded. "Good point." She pulled out her phone and texted the PDs in each studio. "There, now I can tell everyone."

Junhyun, RenJi, Michael, JooWan, Layla, and Abbie all walked into the room, looking rather confused.

"We're going home, or out, or whatever you want to do," Ai Mi smiled. "I don't feel like being here anymore. So, we'll continue recording tomorrow. I know you're all excited after what I told you earlier, so go expend your energy."

"A-are you sure, unnie?" KyungMi's eyes nearly bugged out of her head. She and Taylor had been trying to find a day to go shopping for quite a while.

Ai Mi laughed and nodded. "I'm positive." She said, standing up and grabbing Jung Ah's carseat. "Just be back in the dorm by midnight, arasso?"

"Arasso~!" The fifteen young adults chorused.

---

Zach was the first one to decide what he wanted to do. He headed straight for the nearest strip mall. He bought himself a bubble tea and a pair of sunglasses to cover his eyes. It was rather hot outside, so instead of a normal hoodie to hide his identity he wore a hoodie with the sleeves cut off; he had his hair pulled back into a tiny ponytail and the hood pulled over his head.

The reason he chose the strip mall instead of the big mall or a shopping center? There was a little hole-in-the-wall bakery with a baking supply store right next door to it. He killed two birds with one stone by going to the strip mall; he got delicious fresh-baked cookies and he was able to get more supplies for himself.

As he walked down the strip, he put in his earphones to listen to the instrumental tracks of the songs he was part of; he mouthed his parts as he walked and browsed the internet on his phone.

"Back again, mysterious stranger?" The young woman behind the counter of the bakery grinned. She was the elderly owner's granddaughter. Zach knew she was a huge Password fan, even if she couldn't figure out it was him under the shades and hoodie each time he came in.

"Yep. Back again." Zach grinned, taking out one of his earbuds. "Just the usual." He smiled, sipping the last of his previously bought bubble tea.

The young woman grabbed the huge chocolate chip cookie and made the bubble tea. She chuckled as Zach laid the perfect amount of cash and change on the counter and grabbed his beloved snack before leaving the bakery and going to the store next door.

---

"Is that new fabric store open yet?" Junhyun asked, glancing over at his roommate. He pulled on a short sleeved red plaid button up over his gray tank, leaving the top ed.

"Molla," Michael shrugged as he looked in the full-length mirror hanging on their bedroom door. He smoothed his hair and grinned. "Well hello there gorgeous, come here often?" He deepened voice and then laughed before becoming a little more high-pitched. "Only when you're here, handsome."

Junhyun looked at his roommate like he was crazy. "Ok, you need help."

Michael spun around, his hands on his hips. "Look here Mister 'I-talk-to-my-cats-and-they-talk-to-me-back', if I need help, so do you." He said, rolling his eyes and snapping his fingers over-dramatically.

After a moment of silence, both boys burst into laughter.

"Micky."

"Neh, hyung?"

"You are so gay."

Michael rolled his eyes and linked arms with the older male, handing him a face mask before grabbing his own and then them each a hat. "Let's just go see if that new store is open."

---

"Oppa~" HeeRin pouted as Donghae grabbed her hand. "Where are we going?"

"Just..." Donghae paused. "Just... Hush." He joked, grinning and causing HeeRin to roll her eyes. "Actually." He paused and pulled a bandana from his back pocket. "Close your eyes."

HeeRin gave him a skeptical look at first, but closed her eyes.

Super Junior's fishy tied the bandana around Password's apple girl's eyes and then hoisted her up on his back.

"You can't see anything, right?"

"Oppa, I don't like this."

"You will."

The walk wasn't long, but it wasn't short either. Eventually, Donghae set HeeRin back on her feet.

"Eyes closed," Donghae said as he began untying the bandana. "Eyes are closed, right?"

"Neh oppa," the dancer said, becoming slightly annoyed. Once the bandana was off, she felt Donghae's hands over her eyes; he had moved closer behind her.

"On three, open your eyes." After seeing HeeRin nod, Donghae took in a breath. "Hana, dul, set." He took his hands away from her face.

In front of HeeRin was a picnic laid out underneath an apple tree [a/n: I don't know if there are apple trees in SK, but we're gonna pretend. xD]. There was a bouquet of red and white roses on top of the picnic basket.

"I thought you'd want a quiet afternoon lunch," Donghae grinned, holding out his hand to her and leading her over to the blanket on the grass.

---

RenJi sighed as he left the dorm; everyone had gone home to change into going out clothes from their simple practice clothes. He pulled his pack of cigarettes from his pants pocket and lit one before putting his shades on.

He honestly had no idea what he was going to do today, so he began walking around aimlessly. After twenty minutes, he found himself outside of a shoe store. He shrugged.

"Why the hell not." RenJi mumbled to himself before opening the door. He pulled his beanie down over his short hair a little more, leaving his shades on as he walked to the men's shoes.

After being immersed for nearly fourty-five minutes, someone tapped him on the shoulder. He jumped nearly three feet in the air.

"Hey oppa."

RenJi tensed for a moment and then grinned, rubbing the back of his neck. "Hey Sohyun." He paused. "How did you recognize me?"

Sohyun shrugged and grinned. "Me to know and you to ponder." She tilted her head. "Whatcha doin'?"

"I'm in a shoe store; I'm buying a puppy," RenJi rolled his eyes, smirking.

"Oppa, you hate animals."

"It's also not a pet store, Sohyun." The rapper laughed. "It's a shoe store." He grabbed two boxes and walked to the check out counter.

"You're being mean," 4Minute's maknae sighed. "Guess I should be used to it. Oh, Jiyoon-unnie wants you to call her sometime."

"I know, she text me a couple of days ago," RenJi shrugged, paying for his shoes. "And I am not mean."

---

"Oppa, let's go do something~!" Layla smiled brightly, grabbing her brother's arm. "We haven't played games in a while, or gone shopping for costume supplies." She was smiling, but her eyes were begging.

"Mian, Layla. I can't," Leonardo sighed, practically having to pry Layla's hands off of his arm. "MinKyung and I have plans." He said, kissing the top of his little sister's head and ruffling her hair.

Layla folded her arms across her chest and shook her head, becoming instantly silent. She turned away from her brother and went to her room, plopping on her bed and cuddling with Sol and Luna.

Leonardo sighed and shook his head. He jumped as MinKyung came up behind him. "Oh, hey."

"Is Lala okay?" MinKyung tilted her head, linking arms with the dancer.

"She will be," Leonardo shrugged. "But for now, let's worry about getting to the movie on time."

---

JooWan sat in his room for a while debating on what to do. He eventually came to a conclusion and called one of the drivers to pick him up from the dorm.

Once the car pulled up, JooWan climbed into the backseat and sat down.

"No one else is here, kid. You can sit up front."

The rapper looked at the passenger seat with wide eyes before smiling nervously. "Um, no thanks. I'm better back here." He sighed and looked out of the window, holding his notebook and camera in his lap.

After what seemed like an excruciatingly long drive, the driver stopped at the destination JooWan had given him.

"Do you want me to wait here?"

JooWan shook his head and smiled. "No thanks, hyung. Go into town for a while; I'll call when I'm ready." He watched the driver leave before he turned to look at the castiron gates. "I've come to visit..." He murmured to himself. He walked through the gates and down a worn path before going off onto a not-so-worn path.

It would have been hard to find his true destination if he hadn't been there so many times. He soon found himself in a small clearing with three small flowering trees, a concrete bench, and a marble tombstone.

"Noona..." JooWan said quietly as he sat down on the bench. He set down his notebook and put his camera up to his face, taking a few pictures. "The flowers are coming in nicely, but I'm sure you knew that. I miss you noona." He bit his lip and felt himself tearing up. "I'm famous now; I told you that you wouldn't see me again until I had made a name for myself."

There was silence for a few moments as he wiped his eyes. "I'm a rapper in a co-ed group. I promised not to let you down. I hope you're still proud of me, noona." He whispered, looking up at the sky.

More silence ensued after he spoke. He picked up his notebook and jotted down some of his lyrics onto strips of paper before pulling some string from one of his pockets. He tied one strip of lyrics to each of the three trees before calling the driver to pick him up.

---

"Tay! DDR!" KyungMi grinned, grabbing her best friend's hand and dragging her to the arcade. Both girls were wearing hats and face masks to try and keep the attention off of them. KyungMi's hat had long bunny ears on it; her face mask had a little smile and bunny nose. Taylor's hat was simple; it had Hello Kitty's face and bow on it, her mask was white with a red Hello Kitty bow in the middle.

"Mimi-unnie, I'm no good at those," Taylor pouted as she was dragged by the older girl. "Can we play something else?" Both girls were carrying about three or four shopping bags each, mostly filled with Rilakkuma bears and such.

"Just one match," KyungMi smiled, holding up the amount needed for the machine. "Jebal?"

Taylor couldn't say no to her unnie's pleading eyes. "Fine. Fine. One match. I get to pick the first song."

KyungMi agreed and they set their bags down beside the machine. She put the coins into the machine and the two girls stepped up onto the platform.

Taylor scrolled through the songs. "I love this one!" She grinned, selecting Love Love Shine. She laughed at her best friend's eye roll as the song started.

By the end of the first song, a crowd had gathered around to watch the two girls; no one knew that the girls were two members of Password.

"Unnie, you pick the next one." Taylor grinned, temporarily out of breath.

KyungMi scrolled through and smiled, hovering over the selection button. "Ready?" With Taylor's nod, KyungMi pressed the button and Butterfly began playing.

The third song was one they had to agree on. The crowd had grown in size, but the girls hardly noticed. The last song that was chosen was Sakura; it was Taylor's least favorite song because she couldn't seem to make her feet move fast enough; however, she was in a happy mood so she was up for the challenge.

In the end of it all, KyungMi proved herself worthy of her Main Dancer position and the two girls finally noticed the crowd of teens, kids, and adults. They grabbed their bags and bowed.

"Thanks for watching," KyungMi said enthusiastically. She and Taylor adjusted their masks and hats and headed home.

---

JaeHwa, Abbie, and Hee Young looked around at each other and the relatively empty dorm.

"I find it funny that the visuals are stuck together at home," Hee Young said as she filed her nails. She had pink and black polish sitting in front of her and was doing her nails.

"Why are you painting your nails?" JaeHwa raised an eyebrow.

"So I stop chewing on them," Hee Young stated simply, looking at the Tetris Battle-obsessed visual. She looked at Abbie and tilted her head. "What are you reading?"

"A movie script," Abbie murmured absently.

"What movie?" The older girl asked curiously.

Abbie looked up, biting her lip. "Well, it's something I found in Ai Mi-unnie's things at the studio earlier. It has parts for all of us..." She muttered. "I was planning on returning it, but I got interested."

JaeHwa and Hee Young exchanged looks before dropping whatever it was they were doing and joining Abbie on her pile of pillows to read the script.

---

Nicole looked over at her fellow maknae. "Why are you pouting?" She questioned, looking away from her computer screen for a brief momentl she was playing an intense game and couldn't look away for too long.

Layla remained silent, quietly petting Sol. She wasn't mad anymore, just upset. MinKyung was taking Leonardo away from her and she didn't like it.

"..." Nicole rolled her eyes. "Quit moping; you're making the room all dark and gross with your icky negativity." She grabbed one of Layla's prop weapons from against the wall and poked the vocalist with it. "Quit iiiiiiiiiit."

Layla grabbed the weapon without looking up and yanked it from Nicole's grasp before throwing it to the floor. "Just go back to writing your scenes."

"I'm too busy playing this video game right now," Nicole muttered. "Lighten up, Layla." She shrugged. "It's not the end of the world."

Layla rolled her eyes. Easy for you to say, she thought with a sigh.

-------------------------

Another update for today because I felt like writing more. xD
Random day off = win.
Anyway, I have a headache now.
I also have another apply fic started, if anyone's interested. ^-^
I'm about to go and make a chapter directory for me because I keep trying to look for things and can't find what chapter I need... So yeah... xD

<3