Gunwoo's Jacket!

Cooking for Love

"Oppa, what are you doing out—" A ticklish sensation causes me to stop speaking, as I let out a sudden sneeze.

Oh no, please don't let there be boogers all over the place!

I instantly feel self-conscious and apologise to him right away, but Gunwoo tells me that it's fine with a smile. He then gestures towards both Seyong and I, and questions about our drenched selves. So the tale of the dog poop incident is told, and Seyong had the nerve to try and blame it all on me, but Gunwoo is smart enough to know that it’s not true, and ends up shaking his head at the two of us, or mostly at Seyong.

We then ask him what he was doing out here in the park at nine o'clock at night, so he holds up a grocery bag, explaining how he had to run a quick errand for his mother. I smile at his thoughtfulness, as he and Seyong continue to speak to each other.

In the middle of twisting out some more excess water from my clothes, I suddenly feel something drape around me. The warm gesture causes me to instantly become paralysed, and once I see that it's Gunwoo, I lose my breath. His worried expression slowly softens, as he adjusts his jacket onto me, and I am torn from wanting to keep it forever, or to punch him in the face (obviously, with either love or my lips; he can take a pick), for making me feel bad for him losing warmth.

"W-Why?" was all I managed to utter out, and because of that, I mentally slap myself.

"You'll get sick," he simply says. "I remember Seyong telling me how unwell you can become when you get sick, and I want to help prevent that."

Oh no, I can feel my legs turning into jelly.

I bite my lip to prevent the overly happy smile threatening to come onto my face, and snuggle his jacket a little more comfortably around me. "Thank you," I shyly mumble. "It really means a lot to me."

Gunwoo tucks a couple of strands behind my ear, and I can't help but further blush at the motion. "Now I want you to quickly head home, before you actually do come down with something," he says, and then turns over to Seyong (who I had almost forgotten about), and advices him to get home safety as well.

Seyong nods, assuring Gunwoo that he'll be fine, and we soon say goodbye, mostly because Seyong is complaining about his wet attire.

Surprisingly, on the way home, the blockhead is rather quiet, and I find it a little odd.

Why is he so moody?

And with the way he's walking, he doesn't seem to be affected by the drenched clothing; how is he not cold?!

We soon arrive at the house, and when we eventually take off our shoes, it suddenly grows quiet, as the two of us become still. I manage to catch how his eyes had flickered towards the stairs, and then back at me. I inwardly gasped. Oh no you don't, I'm having the shower first! He was obviously thinking of something very similar, because then on the count of three, we both immediately dash towards the stairs.

Pushing and shoving, the two of us try our best to scramble into the bathroom first, for the warm shower. He pushed my head, so I then I tripped him, but then he managed to grab a hold of my ankle, and take me down with him.

I don’t give up though, because I begin to crawl towards my goal, but at the last minute, he had somehow teleported himself into the bathroom.

"No!" I yelled out, when the white door slams into my face.

Seyong's teasing laughter could be heard from the inside. "Ha, I win!" he cheers.

"Yah!" I give the door a kick, "This isn't fair!"

A scoff could be heard. "Yes, especially when you kicked, shoved, and then eventually tripped me over," he says, and I could imagine him rolling his eyes. "Totally not fair at all."

My tongue gets tied hearing that, because I know he’s slightly right, which further annoys me. Letting out a growl, I then shake my head at the door, and then stomp away towards the direction of my room.

I was almost there, when the bathroom door suddenly opens, where Seyong's voice calls out for me.

"What?" I snap, while turning around to face him.

"If you really want a shower..." he slowly begins, "Then you're more than welcome to join me?"

Eww—!

My incredulous expression met with his wriggling eyebrows, and as a response to his gross invitation, I just quickly enter my room.

Ugh, in his dreams.

No wait, no, not in his dreams, because that’s just so wrong!

Just not ever.

"But isn't this what you wanted, during our fountain moment?" he calls out with a snicker. "It'll be like a dream come true!"

No, I forbid that; no dreaming of me, whatsoever!

I roll my eyes, and inhale deeply; "Can you just hurry up with the shower?"

Chuckling could be heard, just before he really did close the bathroom door, where the sound of the water could later be heard running.

Hmm, why do I have a weird feeling that he's purposely going to take an extra-long time in there, just to annoy me?

I shake my head at the thought, and then go to remove Gunwoo's jacket.

Oh my God, Gunwoo’s jacket!

Giggles erupt from me, as I giddily replay the memory in my head, and I can't help but flail my arms a bit, as I bounce around the room. Teehee, he really is my knight in shining armour! But my content sigh is soon interrupted, when I manage to catch a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror.

And when I get a proper look at myself, I let out a gasp; I look hideous!

My hair is so messy from the water incident; I must have looked horrible in Gunwoo's eyes.

Ugh, nooooo!

I suddenly feel a flow of embarrassment hit me, and it causes me to bury my face into my hands. Oh, why did he have to see me at my worst? Come on Hyeri, don't think about this any further; you know what they say, too much thinking is bad for you!

Giving my cheeks a couple of pats, I take a deep breath, and then give myself a confident nod.

I just never have to speak about this again, and it’ll be fine!

Yep.

"Hey fatty, the shower's all yours now," sang a voice.

I looked over at the entrance of my door, to see Seyong furiously drying his hair with a towel.

Wow, that was pretty fast.

Walking over to my closet, I grabbed out a new change of clothes, and then head into the shower, as he descended the stairs.