Oh My God

Cooking for Love

My head instinctively turns back to him. “G-Go out with you?” I wearily say.

This...this doesn’t sound right.

I frown, feeling an uneasy churn in my stomach. “I know I’ve liked you for a really long time, and that I’m probably not going to get over you for a while, but—“

Gunwoo cuts me off. “Exactly,” he smoothly agrees. “If you still like me, then maybe...maybe there’s still a chance for us?”

My eyes widen with shock; “I—wait, what?”

I’m starting to think that telling him about this, is a bad idea, because I feel as though everything just became so much more complicated.

“How can you do that to him?” I say, with disbelief. “You’re Seyong’s best friend, this isn’t right.”

For some odd reason, Gunwoo doesn’t seem to be effected by my comment. “That’s true,” he says, and then shrugs his shoulders. “But you don’t seem to be happy with him, so maybe you’ll be happier with me?”

Letting those words sink in, I slowly shake my head. “No,” I mumble. “I...I can’t do this. Seyong’s done so much for me, and...and don’t you like Minah?”

“Forget about Minah,” says Gunwoo, carelessly brushing her aside. “But why are you worried about Seyong, if he’s nothing to you?”

I grit my teeth together, as I feel something inside me erupt.

How can he just forget about Minah so easily, as though she were a ragdoll of some sort?

But more importantly, how can he think that this is perfectly alright for Seyong?

And before I can handle this in a civil manner, my left hand takes a mind of its own, to reach out, and land a swift slap against his cheek.

“Yah!” I yell, letting my anger take over me. “What the heck is wrong with you, how can you think that this is okay?!”

My shouting goes on, “Seyong might be annoying, but he has good intentions! He can even be a little mean at times, but it’s nothing compared to what you’re telling me to do right now. You’re a horrible person, to think that this is fine, when it’s obviously not. I can’t bring myself to hurt him, because I care about him a lot, you jerk!” An irritated huff comes out of me, as I cross my arms together. “Geez, I can’t believe I use to like you, are you actually this cold?” I grumble, to myself. “You know, I’m so glad Minah turned you down, because she doesn’t like awful people like you.”

As I continue to fume away, muttering to myself about Gunwoo’s absurd selfishness, his sudden chuckling brings my attention back to him.

“What?” I snap, with narrowed eyes. “What are you laughing at? Is playing around with people and their emotions that funny to you?” I bitterly say. “Ugh, you know what? You have to leave, because I don’t want to be friends with someone this cruel.”

That unreadable expression on Gunwoo’s face slowly fades away, as his features now softens back to his usual self. “Hyeri-yah,” he gently says, with a small smile. “You’re such a silly girl. After hearing all of that, I think it’s quite obvious of how you feel about Seyong.”

“What are you on about?” I rudely sneer.

And then it hits me.

I gasp; he only said those things because—

“You just needed a little push,” begins Gunwoo. “I know that you like him too, with how you talk about him, but you just needed to be lead in the right direction, to sort of realise that.”

Baffled, and completely surprised, my jaw drops, as I feel my anger towards him slowly dissolve away. “Oh my God...” I murmur to myself, with wide eyes.

Gunwoo is amused at my reaction. “And you know, that was one heck of a slap back there,” he jests, while wincing slightly.

My surprised eyes now turn into horrified ones, as I watch him cup his cheek. “Oh my God, I am so sorry!” I blurt out, feeling really awful. “Do you want me to get some ice? Or cream? Or...something?! Argh, I’m so sorry, I really am!”

He shakes his head, declining my offer, with a little laugh. “It’s okay, I’ll be fine,” he says. “What I said was pretty harsh, but it helped you, like how I promised.”

I frown, as my shoulders slump down a bit with guilt. “Yeah, thanks for that...” I slowly say. “I guess...I guess I really do like him?”

For some reason, hearing me admit that out loud causes a tiny blush to spread across my cheeks. My heart flutters, but this realisation makes me feel at ease. And as I think of his obnoxious voice, or that stupid cheesy grin he would sometimes beam from out of the blue, I feel warm, and it makes me laugh.

“Stupid Seyong, I can’t believe I’ve fallen for you,” I say, while shaking my head.

Gunwoo chuckles at this, and because the tension from before has disappeared, we go back to laughing and joking by each other’s side, with me occasionally feeling embarrassed at his little teasing.

I still can't believe he had me fooled; who knew he could act so well?

———————————————

A/N: Um...I think this sounded a lot better in my head LOL :|