I Can't Believe We Did It

Cooking for Love

Thankfully, this wasn't some insanely complicated cake to bake, with it just being a regular vanilla one. Our baking (surprisingly) went rather smoothly, and even though everything appeared to be going just fine, I couldn't help but feel slightly worried about the cake turning out too dry. That, or it not tasting like vanilla at all, which would be a nightmare, actually.

Imagine cutting out a nice, fluffy, piece of vanilla cake, to only realise that it tasted like—

"Yah!" I slapped Seyong's arm, "Stop eating all of the icing!"

"I'm not eating the icing!" he retorted, "I was just tasting it."

I shook my head at him, "Come on, let’s quickly cover the cake with it, because we're running out of time."

Giving me a nod, Seyong took one side, while I took the other. It was quiet, as we both concentrated on coating the sweet icing as perfectly as we could, onto the sponge.

But as soon as we completed our task, my jaw instantly dropped, when I looked over at his side.

"Ugh, I knew I should have just done this myself," I grumbled.

The cake was horribly uneven, and the random bumps just made me further shake my head in disapproval, at his use with the knife.

I let out an exasperated sigh. "Why?" I began, while gesturing to his side in disbelief, "Why is your side so lumpy? This isn't your regular peanut butter and jelly sandwich."

Seyong narrowed his eyes at me, obviously offended. "Hey, I thought I did a pretty good job, for it being my first time to ice a cake, alright?"

Ignoring him, I then focused my attention on evening out the spread to make sure that it looked as smooth and perfect as when we first saw it, innocently sitting on the kitchen bench.

And while I was doing this, Seyong decided to take out the strawberries from the fridge, and also prepared the chocolate sauce, into a piping bag. I didn't trust him to draw the chocolate flowers, so I took it away from his hands, and proceeded to draw out the petals myself. I'm not sure why, but maybe it must have been the thought of us running out of time or something, because I realised that my hands were quite unstable, and kept wobbling.

Ugh, stupid hands, why are you being like this?!

After a failed flower, Seyong clicked his tongue. "Aish," he said, while shaking his head, "for someone who's a perfectionist, you sure don't have stable hands."

"Shut up," I sneered.

Amused, he chuckled at my response, and then offered; "Let me help."

Not giving me the chance to reply, Seyong stepped behind me, and then placed his hands onto my own, where he then began to carefully guide the piping bag around to make tiny little loops. My nose wrinkled, as I could feel his chest press against my back; this was like some weird back-hug or something, and I don't like it, because it's making me feel...weird. Forgetting about the close contact, my eyes went back to watching the piping bag, slightly surprised to see how the pretty patterns had turned into flowers, and out of curiosity, my eyes found themselves flicking over to see his face.

A look of pure concentration could be seen on his side profile, and it made me swallow.

I didn't realise how...uh...good?

Alright, let’s just go with that; I didn't realise how 'good' the side of his face could look. Or maybe he just needs to close his mouth and stop talking, to look somewhat— Wow, okay, this just keeps getting weirder and weirder. Thinking about that, a sudden nervousness could be felt, which made my eyebrows crinkle together.

What the heck is this?

"Yay, now onto the strawberries!" chimed Seyong, taking me away from my thoughts.

I quickly turned my gaze back towards the cake, to see it now flower filled. Feeling relieved that his hands weren't on mine anymore I finally put the piping bag down, where the two of us then moved onto the strawberries. That didn't take too long, and as soon as we finished, I let out a satisfied sigh.

I can't believe we finished it.

I can't believe we finished it?!

We finished the cake, and it looks exactly the same as the other one! Or at least I think so, so hopefully no one would be able to tell the difference.

"I can't believe we did it," I breathed out.

"Yeah, neither can I," said Seyong, with a satisfied grin. "And it looks pretty decent."

A smile lit my face, as I broke out into a giggling fit, feeling completely overjoyed.

And in the midst of my cheerful mood, I wrapped my arms around him for an embrace. "I can't believe we did it!" I squealed out.

Letting go of him, I then skipped away, telling him that I was going to go and change into some better clothing, so that we could then deliver the cake.

But as soon as I bounced back into the kitchen, I was confused to see that Seyong was still standing there, in the exact same spot. He looked as though he had just seen a ghost of some sort, because his big eyes were now even buggier, if that was possible.

I lifted an eyebrow, "Uh...why are you still standing there?"

He didn't say anything, which made me move a couple of steps closer to him, and take a jab towards his stomach. Seyong finally snapped out of his daze with an, "Ow!" and then turned over to see my flattened eyes, which caused him to immediately stumble back a few steps. He let out another startled yelp, when his back pretty much crashed into the kitchen bench.

"Dude, hurry up and get changed," I said, as he rubbed a sore spot on his back. "We need to bring this cake to your mom, and because I don't know where the house is, you have to show me."

Seyong slowly nodded, looking a little flustered, "Right."

Without another word, he then scrambled off towards his room, as I gave him a queer look.

He's so strange...so very strange indeed.

Shrugging that off, I then went to set the cake into the white box, that I assumed had already been prepared by his mother, and then placed that into a bag. When I made sure that it was secure, I then then carried it with me towards the front door, and right when I finished putting on my shoes, Seyong descended the stairs, with the spare house keys. He quickly put on his shoes, and then stepped outside with me. I watched as he locked up the place, mentally checking if we had everything, just before we then made our way out to deliver the cake.