Best. Day. Ever! ...Sort of?

Cooking for Love

"So, um, have you taken your medicine yet?" I asked, breaking the silence.

Gunwoo shook his head. "No," he replied with a slight smile, "I still have to eat something before I do."

I felt myself perk up, "Oh, I'll be glad to make something for you!"

A chuckle from him was heard, and seeing that made my heart flutter.

See, this is how it should be; just me and him, enjoying each other's company. But I guess to be a little more realistic, whoever's able to capture his heart, is one damn lucky girl. Maybe I should assassinate her before it happens...ha, kidding! That's a slightly horrible thought, kind of.

Out of the blue, I felt something touching my hair, and when I looked down, I saw Gunwoo absentmindedly twirling the strands closest to him, through his fingers. Oh my goodness, he's playing with my hair?! Ah, what do I do? Wait, should I do something?! Oh my God, dear heart, please slow down, because I feel like you're going to explode any minute here!

When his eyes looked up and met my own, a lovely smile came onto his face, just as he slowly put his arm down. "Your hair has grown," he pointed out.

I didn't know what to say, except nod. Does this mean he likes it or something?!

"I like it."

Okay, that's it; I'm never going near another pair of scissors ever again! Except...maybe to get a trim or something...since split-ends aren't really nice to look at and such. I found myself subconsciously playing with my hair, as I shyly thanked him. Oh my God, he likes my hair, he likes my haaaair! 

And since my hair a part of me, then that means he likes me too! I knew it!

"Anyway...did something happen between you and Seyong?" questioned Gunwoo, breaking me out of my giddy thoughts.

Huh? Well, that was quite a big jump from one subject to another...

"W-What do you mean?" I asked, as a sudden uneasy feeling washed over me.

That butthead couldn't have told him about our incident in the library, right?!

Thinking about it, my mind started to wander back at some of the things that had happened throughout this week.

“Now?” piped up Seyong's voice from behind.

I shut my locker door and flatly replied, “No."

“How about now?” he continued, with a tilt of his head.

His cutesy act didn't work on me. “No!” I yelled, and began to walk away.

Unfortunately, the annoying thing continued to cling to me. “...Now?” he said, after a few seconds.

I stopped in my tracks, and turned towards him with a growl, “What part of ‘no’ do you not understand?!”

Before he could say anything else, I made a run for it back home. It was a good thing that it was now the end of the school day. Although, heading back home to escape from him, was pretty pointless, considering how we were temporarily living underneath the same roof. I'm not sure how he did it, but even with me zooming away with my roller skates, Seyong somehow managed to reach the house before I could jump into the safety of my room. Seriously, it's like he just teleported here or something?! But then I cursed myself for forgetting what a good runner he was.

Seyong clasped his hands together, and puppy-dogged the crap out of his eyes, as I closed the door shut.

I then slipped off my shoes and walked past him. “I told you already, no!” I groaned, when he started whimpering.

Honestly, I knew there was something fishy going on with him since he took me out for pancakes. He kept his distance from me at first, but then gradually worked his way back in, and then became way too friendly for my liking. I knew he was plotting something, and then bam! I was right; the crazy thing wanted me to accept his apology, to the point where he would end up popping up out of nowhere, when I least expected it, and would continuously whine for forgiveness. It was tiring, and I think this just made me dislike him even more than I already do.

The red-head suddenly materialized in front of me on the floor, “Pleaaaase, I really am sorry!”

A surprised squeal came out of me, as I clutched onto my chest. What the heck, I just turned my back on him for a second! Without saying anything, I spun around, and began walking the other way, when all of the sudden, I felt something grab onto my ankle.

I flinched, “Ah?!”

Seyong had now wrapped both of his arms around my right leg, and was hugging it like a possessive child with their mother. “Hyeri-ah, pleaaaase,” he wailed, while compressing his cheek onto my bare skin.

“I. said. no!" I scowled, through gritted teeth, "Now let go of my leg, and stop looking up my skirt!”

“Never!” he childishly retorted.

I squeaked, “What?!”

I wasn't sure if he was talking about not letting go of my leg, or looking up my skirt; or worst...both?!

Seriously, if he thinks I'll forgive him any time soon, then he's in for a surprise!

"Oh, it's just he kept saying something to me about asking for your 'forgiveness' or something?" continued Gunwoo, looking a bit confused.

I slowly nodded, trying my best to keep on a suitable poker-face. But I don't think it was working very well, (or as well as I had hoped for it to) and that's when my mind started to think about asking Junkyu for some tips, to make believable, neutral-looking faces. I broke away from my thoughts, when something warm slipped into my hand, and when I realized what it was I could have had a heart attack right then and there and then possibly pass out. Gunwoo's fingers gently intertwined themselves with my own, and I seriously felt my heart skip a beat.

First he compliments my hair, and now he's holding my hand?!

Best.

Day.

Ever!

Well, minus the fact that my crush isn't feeling 100% well.

Gunwoo went on, "I'm not sure what happened, but whatever Seyong did to upset you, I hope you guys can patch things up."

As he spoke, I could feel his thumb gently caressing my hand, and I wanted to cry. Obviously, cry out my tears of happiness! His electrical touch was making me hazy, and I wanted to squeal from excitement, but was more focused on stopping the heat from building up in my cheeks.

"I know you two aren't exactly the best of friends, and that you both get into little fights quite often, but this time..." he paused for a bit, and then focused his somewhat concerned gaze, back on me again, "he just seems really upset about it."

I wasn't really sure where this was going, because I felt like I was on cloud nine. Every time we do some form of skin-ship, I find myself wanting to explode from the perfection that is Gunwoo...tee hee, I can't believe he's holding my hand, it just feels so perfect!

"—so don't be too hard on him, yeah?"

I slowly nodded, "O-Okay."

Gunwoo smiled, "Good, I'm glad. And I'm sure Seyong will be happy as well."

Wait, what? Did I just nod and agree to something that I shouldn’t have?

"Well, if it's okay with you, I'm going to rest my eyes for a bit," said Gunwoo, with a small yawn.

Still feeling dazed on our little moment together, I nodded again, "Sure."

As soon as he closed his eyes, I saw Minah appear in the corner of the room, signaling for me to come over. I blinked at her, but then shook my head, and then pointed towards our connected hands. These opportunities are rare, so I have to savor it as much as I can!

Minah mouthed an "Omo!" and then silently giggled to herself, which made me bite down my lip to suppress down my own giggles. I still can't believe this is happening, oh my God. Suddenly, the doorbell of the house was heard, causing Gunwoo to slowly open up his eyes again.

"Oh, that must be the others," I said, and then stood up.

A part of me curled up into a little ball and kind of died, when I had accidentally let go of Gunwoo's perfect hand.

Ah, how am I supposed to hold it again without looking too shifty?!

With his permission, Minah gladly opened the door (after looking through the peephole to make sure it was who we thought it was), and then let them in. I slowly sat back down into my spot again, as happy chatter could be heard amongst the males and Minah, who exchanged their 'hi's, while slipping off their shoes. Insoo was the first one to walk into the living room, and made his way over to us. He asked Gunwoo how he was, and the younger said that he was feeling much better compared to yesterday. Seyong and Chaejin zoomed into the room next, followed by a calm (and normal) Junkyu, with a smiling Minah behind him.

Oh wow, now everyone is here.