An Indirect Kiss?!

Cooking for Love

Opening my eyes, I placed a hand onto my forehead, and let out a sigh.

Ugh, where am I?

I slowly sat up, careful not to let the dizzy-spell hit me, and stared at what I had been lying on, which was the couch. How the heck did I get over here? The last thing I remembered was—

Oh.

I’m left at home, all sick and gross, and the only person here (who is supposedly in charge of nursing me back to health), is that crazy red-head. Thinking about this whole thing was making my head hurt, and I wasn’t sure if it was because of this fever, (or that I hadn’t put anything into my empty stomach) but I could feel this annoying urge, to throw up.

Out of nowhere, I felt the couch sink a little to my left, indicating that someone had taken a seat there. When I turned to look, a spoon filled with congee appears before my eyes, and I blink. I look at the fingers holding it, where my gaze then slowly trails up towards the source, to see that it was from none other than Seyong himself.

“Say ahhhh~” he coos, and then attempts to move the spoon in the direction of my mouth.

I inch backwards a little with a frown, and then turn my face to the opposite direction.

“Yah!” he snaps, “You have to eat, or you’ll die!”

Burrowing my face back into the cushion, I let out a groan. “Go away,” I tiredly mumbled, while closing my eyes.

Surprisingly, Seyong doesn’t proceed to yell back at me, and the only thing I eventually hear from him, is a soft exhale. The sound of the spoon being placed back into the bowl could be heard, which was then followed up by the gentle ‘clank’, as I hear it being put onto the coffee table in front of us. After that movement, peace and quiet envelopes the entire room and I feel content.

Hey, maybe that means he’s finally left?

With that wonderful thought in mind, I open up my eyes, and gradually sit up.

Only to see that I’m not actually alone, and that the weirdo is still here, on my left.

Seyong stops picking at his nails, and then looks at me. “Come on,” he whines, “eat, so you can take some medicine, and feel better!”

I roll my eyes at him. “Not if it’s been made by you,” I muttered.

He furrows his eyebrows together, “Hey, my cooking isn’t that bad, okay?” The exasperated look on his face stays, as he picks up the bowl, and then turns his attention back to me. "Look," he begins, looking rather defeated, "stop being so stubborn, and just eat."

Seyong scoops some of the congee into the spoon, and holds it out for me once more. My eyes flicker to the spoon, then his face, and then back to the spoon again. I inwardly cringe; this isn't going to end well. With a forceful lean forward, I then hesitantly take a bite of the food, and eventually swallow it down, all with a look of distrust on my face.

I swear, if I end up dying, nothing is going to stop me from coming back, and haunting him for the rest of his life!

"So, how is it?" probes Seyong, while lowering the now empty spoon.

A wave of surprise washes over me, and to be honest, it's actually not as bad as I thought it would have been. Even though it's not exactly the most mouth-watering dish I’ve ever tasted, it's thankfully also not the most repulsive one, either. You can tell that he had put a lot of effort into making this, and I guess because of that, he scored some sort of brownie points. 

I shrug, "It’s okay."

Seyong blinks, "Just okay?"

I take the spoon from him, and scoop up some more of the food, to take another bite. "Yeah," I say with a nod, after swallowing it. "It could be better, but it's okay."

He stares at me for a bit, as if not having believed what I had just said. The look on his face makes me bite back an amused smile, and right when I was about to eat some more, the spoon gets taken out of my hold.

"Give me that!" yells Seyong.

I watch as he eagerly places the congee into his mouth, his eyebrows pinched together in concentration, as he slowly tastes his own cooking. "I don't get it," he says, after swallowing the food. "What the heck is wrong with you, it tastes just fine?"

My shoulders shrug, as I reach out for the spoon once more, and continue to eat. Seyong continues to sit there, grumbling to himself about my comment on his food. I ignore his childish mumbling, and just focus on finishing off my food. And as this happens, Seyong states that the reason why I'm sick is because I had caught it from Gunwoo.

How dare he blame it on my prince?!

Seyong then continues on to tell me that I shouldn't have been hanging around Gunwoo too closely, and I just brush that comment aside. Now with nothing else to do, he then reaches out for the remote control, to switch on the television. 

The two of us sit in silence, with our attention now placed onto the television screen.

He asks me if there's a channel that I prefer, and I lift a brow, surprised by that question.

What is going on, this -head has never asked me such a thing!

We're usually fighting over the remote, with incoherent screaming, and sadly, he would always end up winning. Well, there were a couple of the times where I had won, but his excuse was that he had let me won. I think one of the most annoying things about this, is whenever he would win, and I would leave the lounge room, to go and do something else, I would then see him lazing around in his room, almost immediately; it was as though our brawl was for nothing?!

I shake my head, not really in the mood to watch anything, and tell him to pick whatever he wanted. Shrugging his shoulders, Seyong then resorts to a comedy show, where he laughs to himself, here and there. To be honest, the show is quite cheesy, because the jokes being cracked out left and right are a little dry. 

Just before I finish the rest of the congee, Seyong speaks up. "Hey...if it tastes bad, then why are you wolfing it down like there's no tomorrow?"

I put the spoon down, and look up at him. What is he talking about; I wasn't eating it that fast. And ew, does that mean that this weirdo had been staring at me the whole time?!

A knowing glint appears in his eyes, as a sly smirk makes its way onto his face. "Ohhhh, I get it," he says, in a teasing voice, "You actually do like it!"

My eyes flatten at him, as I shake my head and look elsewhere.

"Hey, if you like it, then that means you like me, right?" He chuckles, "Because you know, I made it, so it's a part of me, and yeah."

Oh my goodness, is he being serious?

I scoff, "Look, I only ate it, just so you would leave me alone."

Seyong pouts, "Aw, fatty, why do you have to be such a party-pooper for, huh?"

Hearing that, my left leg automatically swings itself towards his shin. He lets out a yelp and instantly retracts it towards himself, and begins to rub it, making me laugh a little. Seyong then gets up, and takes the empty bowl with him, into the direction of the kitchen. And while he's in there, I stretch out my legs, but am instantly confused, hearing him suddenly holler out something.

"By the way, you just kissed me!"

I stop in my mid-stretch, and blink, "Huh?!”

The sound of the medicine cabinet could be heard opening, as he cackles away. "We shared the spoon, so it was an indirect kiss!"

I sit there for a bit, letting the information sink into my head, just before letting out a repulsed shriek; ew, how could I let that happen?!

Seyong's laughter continues to ring throughout the whole house, as I wail into the couch.

Ugh, anything to do with the word ‘kiss’, was supposed to be with Gunwoo, not you, you evil monkey!

———————————————

A/N: Oh wow, I just realised that Hyeri had fainted for roughly five months... o_O LOL but that's okay, because in my other story, it's been the character's birthday for around four months, hahaha.

Anyway, yeah, I kind of went on an unexpected hiatus with this story for a couple of months...heheh. I was losing the motivation, and my life had been a little crazy. But you know, now that that’s over, (and the fact that I really dislike unfinished stories) I’ll be setting myself back on track, so (hopefully) updates will be regular again! If you’re still here, thanks for reading! :D