A Pepero Competition?

Cooking for Love

I take a long, satisfied sip of my cold water, feeling a great surge of satisfaction, for becoming famished.

“You know, this is really nice of you to suddenly shout us food like this,” states Minah.

With a burst of energy, Seyong slings his arm around a certain male. “Yeah,” he says, in a sing-song voice. “Thanks, hyung!”

I stifle back a laugh, and then proceed to give him a slight nudge. “Yeah Insoo, you’re the best!” I praise, smirking a little.

Insoo’s eyebrow twitches a bit, but he manages to hide the irritation with a false smile. “No worries,” he says, a little too forced. “Anything for my friends.”

Stressing out the last word, his eyes then land on me, which make me innocently beam at him. We go back to eating with everyone else, and I can see Seyong trying to hold back a knowing smile, which secretly makes me snicker, as I hear Insoo let out a small frustrated sigh.

So after the whole being-locked-inside-a-stupid-cleaning-closet incident thing, Seyong and I decided to go and show Insoo our wrath. We were so very close to egging his house like how we had (sort of) joked about, until he surrendered, by telling us that he would buy us whatever we wanted to eat. I’m not sure how Chaejin managed to escape from this so that Insoo took full ‘responsibility’, but yeah; Seyong and I decided that him buying food for us two wasn’t going to be enough, so we wanted to make sure that the damage being done to his wallet was deep enough for him to never ever ever try this again, by bringing more people.

Because you know what they say, the more the merrier, and in this case, every time when Insoo would hesitantly pull out a couple of notes, it made me laugh at him.

Oh Insoo, you should have thought of the consequences before locking me in there in the first place.

“Hey, did you hear how Étude House is having a sale?” says Yura.

Sojin’s eyes twinkled in glee, “Really, when?”

Yura smiles, “Pretty sure it started a day ago.”

A sudden idea appeared in my mind. “Let’s go there afterwards,” I casually suggest.

Insoo shot me a pleading look, and I harmlessly grin at him, pretending not to notice his begging. “I could use another bottle of BB cream,” I say.

“Or a new face,” sneered Seyong, only loud enough for me to hear.

Ugh, just whose side are you on, anyway?

I roll my eyes at him, but then smile at Insoo. “So it’s okay if we make a visit there next, yeah?”

Chaejin frowns, “But makeup is boring.”

Junkyu nods in agreement and Insoo sniggers, immediately taking his side. “Chaejin speaks the truth,” he says, rather confidently.

Yura pouts, and seeing that, being the easy-going peacemaker that he is, Gunwoo decided to step in. “It’s okay though,” he says. “We could wait outside—”

Chaejin instantly groans at this, but was silenced when all eyes drew back to him.

“—or we could split up, and then all meet again later?” concluded Gunwoo.

Everyone started to talk all over the place, and it was then somehow decided with option two. Just as long as I could somehow continue my task on deflating Insoo’s wallet, then I guess it was alright. When we all finished, Insoo’s face paled slightly at the amount on the bill, and I’m assuming Seyong must have noticed as well, because he gave me a light high-five. I laughed a little, but then turned over to meet Minah’s surprised eyebrow. She proceeded to give me an inquiring look, but I just shook my head at her, deciding to keep this to myself.

As we all entered the mall, our attention was on the huge mob at the middle of the place.

“What’s happening here?” pondered Chaejin, to no one in particular.

A girl standing nearby (probably involved in what was happening) brightly answered his question for us. “There’s a competition taking place,” she brightly says. “You guys should enter it, for a chance to win some of the amazing prizes being offered!”

I blink at her; amazing prizes, huh?

Making my way to the crowd, I manage to weave my way into a spot where I could see what was happening. Two pairs of people can be seen, standing next to a man with a microphone, as he soon ushered another pair over next to them. My eyes then made its way towards the huge banner that was hug up high, where I started to read the instructions for the game. Apparently, the aim of the game is to see how much you and your partner could nibble down your pepero stick, without actually kissing each other. I scrunched my nose at the thought of doing that.

But on the other hand, the prizes are quite tempting, though.

In first place, it was a limited edition Nintendo 3DS lite, and in second place, it was a regular Nintendo DS, while in third place, it was two giant pepero boxes.

And when I say giant, I mean as in the box is literally the size of my arm.

I kind of want that Nintendo 3DS, but the only problem, is that I don’t exactly have a boyfriend, since this game is for couples.

Although, they won’t exactly know, if I pretend that I’m with someone, right…?

Turning around, my eyes instantly fell onto the person that I was hoping for. “Oppa,” I cheerfully begin, with a smile. “Play with me!”

Oh, this is a brilliant chance for me to get closer to him.

Gunwoo blinks, while Seyong out of nowhere begins to choke on air.

Minah giggles a knowing giggle, and then gently nudges Gunwoo forward. “Yeah, you should play with her,” she encourages.

I can’t see the others, so I’m assuming that they’re either in another section of the crowd, or are at the Étude makeup shop.

Seyong stops his choking, and then holds up his hand, to make us all look at him. “But I want the prize as well!” he whines.

“Oh, then do you want to play with Hyeri instead?” suggests Gunwoo.

No! Ugh, you stupid blockhead, you’ve just ruined everything!

Minah senses my panic, and forces out a laugh, “Actually, I wouldn’t mind a DS!”

Hearing this, Gunwoo then turns to her, and slightly brightens up, “Okay, then did you want to partner up with me?”

Noooooooo!

“Huh?” Minah’s eyes widen slightly, as she is taken aback by his suggestion. She quickly flashes me a look of plea, and then begins to shake her head at him, “No no, you play with Hyeri. I’ll be Seyong’s partner.”

Seyong gives her a weird look, “Wait, what?”

“Yeah, I’ll play with— Omo!” she exclaims. “What’s that over there?”

Seyong blinks, “Huh? What’s what over where?”

All three of us are trying to figure out what Minah is pointing towards, when she suddenly grabs a hold of Seyong’s arm, “Over there, can you see it? Come on, let’s hurry before it gets away!” 

She then forcefully begins to drag the red-head in some random direction, all while ignoring his complaints.

I let out a sigh of relief; Minah really is my lifesaver.

My attention then returns back to Gunwoo. “Hmm, I wonder what it is?” he ponders.

And then with a shrug, he then holds out his hand for me. “Anyway, I can hear that Pikachu DS calling out your name,” he says, with a chuckle. “Come on, let’s go and get it.”

I nod, feeling all warm and fuzzy, as my hand slips into his.