Okay, I Give Up!

Cooking for Love

I almost fall over from his unexpected presence, but manage to compose myself. Ignoring his comment, I then warily ask; “What are you doing here?”

Seyong lifts an eyebrow. “Isn’t it obvious?” he says, while gesturing his hand towards me. “I’m here to slap some sense into you.”

I groan, and then sit back down on my bed again, to bury my head back into the mattress. “Can’t you just let me breathe in a corner somewhere, by myself?” I whine in exasperation.

“Hey, I’ve already let you breathe in your corner for two whole days!” he argues.

A huff comes out of me. “But two whole days isn’t enough,” I grumpy say.

Seyong softly chuckles, and I can hear a slight hint of gloominess in it. “You’re right,” he surrenders.

I then feel the bed slightly sink down next to me, telling me that he’s taken a seat. “But how long are you going to be upset for?” he gently asks. “Trust me; I know how it feels to not have your feelings returned—”

I can’t help but snort out a laugh, “Pfft, really?”

“Really,” he answers.

I find this hard to believe.

“You’re only saying this to make me feel better,” I grumble.

“No, I’m actually being serious,” he says.

This makes me lift my head up from my bed, and turn towards him. I then suspiciously narrow my eyes at him, examining his blank face, and then after a couple of more seconds, I gradually sit up.

“Really…?” I say once more, with unsure eyebrows.

Seyong smiles a little, looking somewhat amused. “What?” he asks. “I wouldn’t lie to you about something like this, would I?”

I’m not sure, would he?

Because he’s always joking around, and making fun of anything and everything, so it’s hard to take him seriously.

“But…” I pause for a bit, my doubtful eyebrows gradually turning into disbelief. “Don’t you usually go out of your way to make her notice you, and then somewhere along your crazy ways, she falls head over heels for you?”

I've seen him do that to various girls, (whose names I have forgotten) but the strange thing is, when they end up asking him out, he would say no.

For some reason, this makes him laugh. “If only it were that easy,” he mumbles, with a somewhat bitter smile. “But unfortunately, she likes someone else, so no matter how hard I try to make her look at me, she only looks at him.”

I let out a small sigh, knowing very well how that feels. “We should make a club,” I nonchalantly suggest. “Because the people we like, both like someone else.”

Seyong chuckles at this, and then nods. “Alright then,” he agrees. “So as leader of the club, I command you to get off your , and come outside with me.”

“And as founder of the group, I choose not to,” I smugly defend.

“Yah,” says Seyong, raising his tone of voice. “You’re coming out with me right now.”

“I don’t want to!” I protest.

He lets out a sigh, and then clicks his tongue. “Don’t make me carry you,” he threatens.

I gasp, but then grab onto the side of my bed just to be safe; “You wouldn’t dare.”

“Mm, yeah...I really wouldn’t,” he slowly says. “You’re such a foodie; it takes too much effort to lift you.”

“Are you calling me fat?!” I snap, “Yah, I’m not fat!”

Seyong’s tactic of getting me to leave appears to have changed, because he is now shaking my shoulder. “Hyeri-yah, come on,” he drawls, in his ‘aegyo’ voice. “I want to go out!”

“Well you can go out by yourself,” I mutter.

Seyong pouts, “And where’s the fun in that?”

I jerk my shoulders upwards, “I don’t know; you figure it out.”

He slowly exhales, and the defeated look on his face makes me feel as though I’ve won, but because this is Seyong, I know that he doesn’t surrender too easily. “If you don’t leave this room with me, then I’ll kiss you,” he firmly states.

“Aish, stop playing around!” I growl, and then go to hit him.

But just before I’m able to do that, he swiftly catches my wrist, successfully stopping me.

A smirk then forms on his lips, “Try me.”

Taken aback, my eyes widen slightly, but I don’t want to let him know that I’m surprised, so narrow my eyes at him. And as I do this, something uncomfortable tells me that he might actually be serious, and thinking about it makes me nervous.

But then I remember back to the dog poop incident, and use that as an excuse to continue standing my ground.

“You wouldn’t,” I say, challenging him.

We don’t think much of our blackout-kiss now, as he’s somehow managed to turn it into a joke.

The look of hilarity on his face has a hint of surprise. He then leans forward bit by bit, as I slowly inch backwards, but there’s only so much that my body will allow me to lean back, without actually lying flat on my back.

Dammit, why isn’t he backing out yet?!

Panicking, I then turn my head to the side, and begin to take a huge interest at my bed sheet.

Hey, I have a loose thread—!  

Seyong’s sudden murmur cuts me out of me thoughts; “Are you sure about that?”

Strangely paralysed, I’m well aware that he’s not talking about that piece of string on my bed, and I gulp.

An unusual feeling is making me feel as though my heart is threatening to bounce outside my ribcage, and it gets worst, when I feel something caress my cheek. Shivering slightly, I forget how to breathe for a second, as his fingers then gently lift my chin, and tilt it to his direction, so that I’m forced to look at him.

The nerves in me get too much, and I finally find the strength to push him away. “Okay, I give up!” I yell out, with heated cheeks. “Just give me a few minutes to get dressed.”

Seyong burst out laughing, looking quite victorious; “I knew you’d agree!”

I let out a growl, and then roll my eyes. “I will never understand why I’m even friends with you,” I mutter.

He’s still amused at my embarrassment, because his laughter continues on. “It’s because you love me!” Seyong brightly chimes out.

“Whatever,” I grumble, not happy with his excessive skin-ship. “And by the way, please do not ever do this to me, ever again.”

A smirk comes onto his face. “Oh, I’m not sure if I can promise that,” he cheekily comments.

I let out a displeased squeal, with a crinkle of my nose. “Ew, you’re so gross,” I say, and then add; “Sometimes I feel as though you’re so greasy, that I can just fry an egg on you.”

Seyong grins at me, “I’m not sure about the ‘grease’ part, but since I’m hot, you can still cook the egg on me, anyway.” He then vainly starts to pose for me, with an overly dramatic eye-smile. “You’ll be able to cook six eggs on me,” he happily announces; “An egg for each ab!”

I squint my eyes in a what-the-heck-is-wrong-with-you manner, and then slowly shake my head, all while wholeheartedly judging him. “You are such a loser,” I mumble to myself, but smile anyway.

And then, walking over to my closet, I begin to pull out some clothes, but before I change into them, I kick a certain chuckling crimson-head out.