Psh, 'No Strings' My

Cooking for Love

Wow, best. pancakes. ever!

I happily wriggled my hips in my seat, doing a little dance, as the sweetness of the strawberries melted over my tongue. It was basically pure bliss for my taste buds! My squealing soon came to a stop, when I felt Seyong's weird stare practically burn into my face.

"What, haven't you ever tasted something so good, that it's made you really happy?" I asked him with a raised eyebrow.

The strange look didn't leave his face. "Weirdo," he mumbled, after a slight pause.

"Jerk face," I shot right back.

"Fat."

"Stupid."

"Ugly."

"—"

"Okay, stop! No more!" Seyong sighed, "The real reason why I'm doing this, is because—"

I slammed down my fork, and pointed an accusing finger at him. "Aha! I knew it, you had a hidden motive all along; you can't fool me!" I yelled, not really caring that I had a mouthful of pancakes. A few of the pieces somehow managed to fly out of my mouth, and hit him right in his eye.

"Ah?!" cringed Seyong. He then reached out for his napkin, to rub his eye.

Woops, my bad...not really.

"Yah, if I end up blind, then I'm holding you responsible for taking care of me for the rest of my life!" shouted the red-head.

I gagged, "As if that would happen, you loser."

Seyong dismissed my comment, and then leaned forward. "Does my eye look okay?" he warily asked, while pulling his eyelid upwards.

Ew, how far does he want to open up his eye like that?

"It looks like poop," I grumbled, and then went back to my food.

A 'tsk' was heard from him. "I'm being serious here!" he huffed.

I rolled my eyes and let out a sigh, "Alright alright, it looks fine. Happy?"

"How do you know, when you didn't even look at it?!" he complained.

Oh my goodness, shut up.

I leaned in a little, and examined his eye like how he expected, only because I wanted him to be quiet, so I could go back to eating. But apparently that wasn't good enough for the crazy thing, as he now insisted that I softly blew into his eye. How does that make things better? I have absolutely no idea. We're talking about Seyong's logic here, and his 'logic' never makes any sense. Heck, it shouldn't even be called logic.

"Don't you only do that for cuts and stuff?" I said, feeling a bit uncertain.

He quickly shook his head, "No, it works for everything! Come on, just hurry up and do it."

I shrugged, "Alright, if you say so..." With a tiny smirk, I harshly blew a gust of air into his eye, and just as I predicted, he immediately backed away, and squirmed.

"What is wrong with you?! I ask you to do one simple thing, and you can't even do it!" he winced, while rapidly blinking.

The way his face contorted had me full of laughter. I swear, it should be recorded, where someone should then turn it into a little moving picture or something, and have it spread like wild fire, all around the internet. My good mood vanished just as quickly as it had appeared, when the -head went and gave the side of my head a whack.

"Ow, what the hell was that for?!" I snapped, "You know what, you should have just blown your own stupid eye!"

As I went back to eating, Seyong patted his eye for a bit, and then let out little sigh. "I'm sorry," he suddenly said.

My eyebrows rose; Kim Seyong is apologizing to me?

Alright, who paid him to do such a thing?

He met eyes with me for a brief second, just before looking back at his pancakes. "I want to say sorry about...you know, that time when we were in the library with Gunwoo hyung, and how I said all of those mean things to you and stuff."

Oh...

Oh.

So he was worked up about that the whole time?

I guess that sort of makes sense as to why he's been acting a little weird lately...

The sound of my bedroom door opening was suddenly heard. “Gooood morning!” sang an overly happy voice.

I tiredly opened my eyes, to see this red thing marching into my room, and instantly knew who it was. Oh my goodness, go awaaaay! It’s much too early in the morning for me to deal with you right now.

“Hyeri-ah, wake up; raise and shiiiine!” spoke the annoying voice once more.

I let out a groan, and then buried my head underneath my pillow, hoping that it would go away on its own. Why has he been doing this lately? Seyong continued to babble on and on about who knows what, and no matter how hard I curled deeper into my cocooned blanket, I couldn’t tune his loud voice out.

aw come on, talk to meeee!” he suddenly wailed.

I didn’t even have to look at him to know that he was pouting. Ew, was he always so filled with aegyo? How could he do that to himself? Dude, it’s not attractive, and nor anywhere near cute. Actually, those two adjectives shouldn't be placed in the same sentence with you!

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted, when out of nowhere, I felt a soft pat on my .

A sigh could be heard. “Aigoo, your is so chubby,” commented Seyong.

Hearing that, I automatically sat up, and then slowly turned my head towards him. “Get out,” I growled.

He blinked at me, and then reached out to brush the random strands of my messy bed-hair, away from my face. “Not the response that I was hoping for, but good enough,” he said with a grin.

Seriously, this guy--! You can't just waltz into someone's room at an ungodly hour, touch their , and then say that it's fat!

When he finally left, I got out of bed to go through my usual morning routine. But then when I came back into my room, I was really confused to see my uniform, set out all neatly on my bed. What the heck, when did this happen? And my bed’s been made as well...?

I clapped my hands together in realization; of course! Seyong's umma must have done this for me! Aw, I love her, she’s so nice.

Although, things didn’t seem quite right once I put on my uniform, walked down stairs, and then skipped into the kitchen. Because Seyong had given me a plate of toast and eggs in one hand, and had my school bag in his other hand. I looked at the food, and then up at his mother, who was watching the both of us. When she met my eyes, she gave me a shrug, as if to say that she also has no idea for what has caused his strange behavior. I kind of freaked out when she told me that the food was made by him, and felt even more suspicious when eating it, if that were possible.

Thanks to my rollerblades, I was glad that it helped distance me away from this 'overly nice' Seyong, on my way to school.

But even though his insults on me have sort of, slightly, kind of, cut down...a little...it doesn't necessarily mean that I'm going to forgive him just yet! Ha, I'm not going to let him off the hook that easily.

"Oh..." I finally spoke.

He looked up from his dish and blinked at me. "'Oh?' Is that all what you have to say to me?" asked Seyong.

"Well what am I suppose to say?" I questioned, now looking at him.

Surprise appeared on his face for a split second. "I don't know," he shrugged, "maybe something along the lines of 'I forgive you', or something?"

I snorted, "Ha! Oh, you're funny."

"I know I am," replied the cocky red-head instantly.

Finishing off the last piece of my food, I then wiped my mouth with the serviette, and then showed him an exaggerated eye-smile, "Apology not accepted."

"What?!" panicked Seyong, "But I took you out, and let you do what you wanted!"       

I flattened my eyes at him, "So you think just because you did that, I will be running back into your arms again?" Hearing what had just slipped out of my tongue made me cringe. I just made it sound like we're a couple, ew! Thankfully he didn't seem to notice, or I may never hear the end of it.

"Well, yeah?" said Seyong, in a matter of tone voice.

That response made me slowly turn my head away from him, and grit my teeth. It's okay Hyeri, breathe, breaaaathe. Take in deep calming breaths; one two three, one two three. Once it was confirmed that my fist wasn't going to suddenly fly towards his face, I turned back to him, and shook my head. "Do I have to spell it out for you?" I began, "You insulted me, and made me feel like crap, it was humuliating! So a walk through the shops, with a game of House of the Dead, and some pancakes isn't exactly going to cut it." And with that blunt reply, I grabbed my things, stood up and then left.

Psh, no strings my .

———————————————

A/N: ...Yeaaaah, Hyeri’s not going to forgive Seyong so easily, LOL. She eventually will, (like, really soon LOL) but not because of him, ohohoho~ Anyway, thanks for reading/commenting everyone! :D