You Are Forgiven; Now Go!

Cooking for Love

"Hyung, are you okay?!" questioned both Seyong and Chaejin in unison.

As Chaejin took a seat next to his hyung on the left, I felt Seyong purposely hip-bump me away from Gunwoo's left, squeezing in between us.

I yelped from the unexpected contact, and then narrowed my eyes at him, "Dude, what the hell?!"

Seyong ignored my comment, and just continue to blabber on to Gunwoo about who knows what. With a grumble, I shook my head, stood up, and then made my way into the kitchen. I might as well start on the congee, while everyone is busy socializing away.

As I scooped out some rice, I had the strangest feeling that I was being watched.

And my suspicions were confirmed, once I spun around, to see a certain red-head flinch backwards.

I let out a sigh, "What are you doing here?"

Seyong shrugged, "Just wanted to see if you needed help."

I gave him a queer look, before pouring water into the rice, to give it a rinse. "Well you can go away, because I don't need you," I stated.

He blinked at me for a bit, before flashing a grin. "Oh yes you doooo," he sang, "I know you need meeee~"

The weird look didn’t leave my face, "Um, no, I don't..."

"Yes you do~" he cooed.

I creased by eyebrows a little, "No...I don't."

He still continued to be weird, "Yes you do~"

Okay, this is getting absurdly annoying. Not exactly wanting to snap at him, I resorted to letting out a sigh, "Seyong, I'll only say this once, so listen carefully,” I took a step forward, and made sure to pronounce the next four words as clear as possible, “I. Don't. Need. You."

For a split second, I saw his eyes widen slightly, but then his eyebrows drew together, as a pout formed on his face. "Fine, you know what?" said Seyong, while taking a step closer, "I'm going to tighten every single edible jar and bottle in this household, so that you will need me!"

I quirked an eyebrow, "Are you stupid, or are you stupid?"

"I—"

"You're stupid," I quickly answered, before he could finish his sentence.

"Hey!" yelled the red-head, clearly not amused.

Psh, he must be really stupid, to think that I would go to him if I needed help with opening something.

Obviously, if I needed some assistance, then I would turn to Minah. And if she wasn’t not around, then Insoo would be next, and then possibly Junkyu, because Chaejin would probably complain about it like the lazy thing he is. Gunwoo would have been first on my option, but you know, he's kind of not in the best condition right now. And if worst comes to worst, then I'll make the thing open, one way or another; I mean, hammers and whatnot weren't invented to just lie around and do nothing, right?

The feeling of the rice and water suddenly left my hands, taking me away from my thoughts. "Yah!" I snapped, "What are you doing with that?!"

Seyong rolled up the sleeves of his school jumper. "You take forever to wash rice, so I'm going to do it," he replied, rather smugly.

What?!

I pushed him away before he could touch a grain. "No!" I yelled, while giving him a glare, "Go back into the living room, and leave this to someone who actually knows how to—ow!" The crazy -head had given my forehead a quick flick with his fingers, causing me to boil, "What the heck was that for?!"

"You talk too much," was all Seyong said, before I gave him a hit back. "Ow!" he yelped, while rubbing his arm with a pout, "The heck—?!"

And then the next thing I knew, we were kicking, and hitting, while occasionally throwing a few insults at each other.

He somehow got me into an uncomfortable headlock, and the only thing I could do was wipe my hands, (that still had some grains of rice from the rinsing) all over his face and hair.

"Ewww, you got rice all over me!" spluttered Seyong, "And raw rice, too!"

"Then let go of me, you son of a—" I couldn't finish off my sentence, because two more people had soon joined us in the kitchen.

"Do you guys need help?" piped up Chaejin. Junkyu quietly stood next to him, with a raised eyebrow.

Seyong and I both froze, as we blinked at the two males, who were standing next to the refrigerator, looking slightly puzzled.

"Yes!" I exclaimed, "Chaejin, get your hyung away from me, and Junkyu, could you help me boil the rice?"

But before either of them could do anything, Seyong spoke over them. "No!" he yelled, "I can do that!"

I let out a groan, "Oh my goodness, if I forgive you, then will you leave the kitchen?!"

Seyong perked up at this, clearly knowing what I was talking about. "Yes!" he happily chimed, as the other two males exchanged a confused glance towards each other.

"Okay then, you are forgiven; now go!" I ordered.

Once he heard that, Seyong's arms slowly let go of me. "R-Really?!" he said, with wide eyes.

"Yes," I confirmed.

"Really?!" he chirped again.

My hand met with my forehead, "Yes, now go before I change my mind!"

Ecstatic, the crazy red-head pranced back into the living room, cheering. I saw Chaejin give Junkyu a look, but the older shrugged, and when the two looked back at me, I told them to go back to everyone else, and that I was fine with the cooking. And when they did, leaving me with the kitchen all to myself again, I let out a sigh. My mind then thought back to the surprised yet happy look on Seyong's face, and how he reacted a few seconds ago. I had to admit, it was a little funny, and I really didn't expect my 'forgiveness' to make him respond like that; he just looked so...relieved?

But you know, I only resorted to that, because it was all for Gunwoo's sake.