Go Out With Him--?!

Cooking for Love

Taking in a deep breath, I force myself to ease up, and then, with a calm face, open the door. Gunwoo looks a little surprised, as if he thought that the door wouldn’t open, but the stunned flicker in his eyes is soon replaced with a small smile. I greet him, trying my best to make it look and sound as casual as I can, with my own tiny beam, and it probably managed to convince him, because I see him ease up by just a bit.

“So...” I slowly begin. “What are you doing here?”

Making my way over to the bench near the door, I motion him over to take a seat down with me.

“I was just in the neighbourhood, and thought I should give you a visit,” he replies, while sitting down. “How are you? You haven’t been to school for three days.”

His concern makes a nervous laugh come out of me. “I’m okay,” I sheepishly say; “Just needed some time to think.”

Gunwoo blinks at me, and then a further look of worry appears on his face. “I’m sorry,” he says, while standing up. “Do you still feel—“   

“No, it’s fine!” I quickly say. “It’s not about you, I mean, not that you’re not worth thinking about, but uh—“ An awkward giggle slips out of my mouth, “—sorry, I’m rambling again, but I’m not upset with you, and...yeah...haha...ha.”

Gunwoo slowly sits himself back down, after I encourage for him to. “I really am sorry, though,” he says, with a frown.

I shake my head at him. “It’s okay, it’s not your fault,” I try to reassure. “I mean, I admit that I did kind of mope non-stop from Friday afternoon, to Sunday morning, but...I know I'll be okay."

The two of us sit there in silence for a while, until he breaks it. "So...what kept you at home?" he carefully asks.

I blink at him for a bit, before returning my gaze back down to the floor. "Oh, just some things," I answer, not being able to stop the crinkling of my eyebrows.

And he sees this. "Sorry," he softly says. "It's personal, isn't it?"

With a shake of my head, I signal him no. "Well, yeah, it...it kind of is, but—" I stop in mid-sentence for a bit, as an idea suddenly hits me.

Maybe it'll be good to hear his opinion, and see what he has to offer?

"Oppa, help me!" I blurt out, a little too quickly.

Gunwoo gives me a weird look, as he is startled by my sudden mood change, and noticing this, it makes me freeze for a bit.

"Uh, please?" I warily say, with a nervous smile.

He laughs a bit, and then nods. "Of course, I'll help you in any way that I can," he assures.

So I begin to tell him, about my little dilemma with Seyong confessing to me, and me not knowing what to do about it. I’m so consumed by telling him my thoughts, that I pretty much am pacing back and forth as I talk, where I would occasionally throw my hands up, just to let him know how confused I am.

And even though I might have been talking too fast, with my longwinded word-vomit, he patiently listens to me, until I was am 100% finished.

Letting everything digest, Gunwoo thinks for a while. "Yeah, I've always had a feeling that he liked you, but I wasn't so sure," is the first thing that he says.

My embarrassment causes me to bury my face into my palms. "Oh God, you saw it too?" I groan.

He gives me a perplexed expression, "What do you mean?"

I shake my head, telling him to dismiss my comment. "Don't worry," I quickly say. "Anyway, yeah, I'm not sure what to do..."

“Well, for starters, do you like him?” he asks, and then adds; “How do you feel about him?”

“I don’t know,” I reply, with a small whimper. “I don’t know anything anymore.”

Gunwoo frowns, looking sympathetic. “Don’t say that,” he comforts. “You know a lot of things, and I can name one thing right now, that you’re certain of.”

“Okay, shoot,” I gloomily say.

“Me,” he casually replies, which takes me by surprise.

Him?

What about him...?

“You liked me,” he continues on, but then quickly corrects it. “Actually, I know you still like me.”

That straightforward statement makes me blush, and I quickly look elsewhere.

“And since you like me, then tell Seyong no,” he calmly says. “Tell him no, and then go out with me.”

———————————————

A/N: Omg, this is the shortest chapter that I've ever posted. I know this is a very short update, but I couldn’t resist splitting the chapter here like this, ohohoho, so now the love thickens...?! Dun dun dunnnnn not really, hahaha. Anyway, thanks for reading and commenting, everyone! Your support makes me all giggly hehehehe LOL