My Favourite Recipe

Cooking for Love

Poking a piece of raw meat, my eyebrows furrow, at how unevenly the seasoning sauce has been applied to the pile.

A frown makes its way onto my face, as I immediately turn my head over to a certain red-head to blame. "Seyong!" I scold. "You didn't marinate these properly!"

"I didn't?" he says, not very provoked by my aggravated tone of voice. "Oh, woops."

I roll my eyes at him, and then fix up the meat, so that they're now positioned better, to allow the flavouring to coat evenly.

When I'm satisfied, I then head over to the fridge, and begin to take out the salads, to help make everyone's lives better, by setting it out.

I still find this gathering-party-thing, to be really out of nowhere, since umma tends to never really go through with these 'getting-everyone-together' ideas of hers. She would sometimes suggest seeing everyone together in our household, but then somehow end up deciding against the idea, later on. Maybe she's also realised how she never really goes through with these plans, which is why she's decided to actually make this happen.

But whatever the reason is, I'm kind of glad for this, since I think it's a nice way to relax, now with the long school break on.

And with the long holiday here, it means that Christmas is just around the corner, which means that I can finally test out some more Christmas recipes that I've just been dying to do!

With that happy thought in mind, I then walk over to the draw, to take out a pair of tongs, but as I do so, something suddenly encircles me into an embrace, surprisingly me a little.

It's obviously Seyong, and he confirms that for me, by letting out a small chuckle, as he then goes to rest his chin on my shoulder.

"You should probably go and clean up those lemons," I suggest.

Seyong lets go of me, and then raises an eyebrow. "What lemons?" he innocently asks.

But with the way that his eyes are shinning with that playful spark, it's obvious that he's lying. "Those lemons that you were throwing at Gunwoo!" I point out. "Yes, I saw you throwing them at him, and as funny as it is, to watch him get confused and wonder where they're coming from, it's just mean."

Seyong shrugs his shoulders. "Hyung is so easy to pick on," he says, in a sing-song voice. "Come on, join me, and we'll go and get Minah, as well!"

My lips form a tight line. "Are you crazy?" I say, cringing slightly, at the thought of aiming the yellow fruit at my best friend. "Have you seen her play baseball? She's got one heck of an aim. And hey, do you remember that one time where Ahyoung fractured her finger, during netball? That was because Minah had accidentally thrown the ball over the net a tiny bit too hard..."

A horrific-surprised expression, hinted with some amazement, spreads across Seyong's face. "Really? Minah did that...?" he asks, with bewilderment. "Geez, it's no wonder why you guys are best friends, since you're both as scary as each other."

His comment earns himself a slap on the arm, which causes him to let out a yelp.

"Seyong. Lemons. Now," I sternly command.

"Make me!" he says, with a snicker.

Sticking his tongue out at me in a mocking manner, he then disappears outside somewhere.

I then decide to temporarily abandon the salad to chase after him, and end up having to zigzag through a couple of people, but I find myself gradually stopping, when my eyes catch sight of a certain pair. Minah is spotted talking to Gunwoo, and seeing her willingly reach out to hold his hand, makes me smile. It gets even better, because he appears to be taken aback by the sudden gesture, and I can't help but giggle to myself, upon seeing his somewhat shy smile.

"Hey, why do you keep looking at them, huh?" pipes up a voice.

I look over to my right, to see Seyong making his way towards me. "I don't know," I say, with a shrug of my shoulders. "They're cute."

Hearing this then makes him go to slip his arm around me, to bring me closer to him. "But we're cuter, right?" he says, with a playful wink.

I chortle, agreeing with his comment; "Indeed we are."

Seyong smiles at this, liking my response. "So since they're kind of threatening our position of being the cutest couple here, how about it?" he says, nudging me slightly. "Do you want to rethink my offer?"

I look up at him with a cheeky smile. "Why not?" I agree, and then go to accept the single lemon from his palm.

Picking up a few more from the table next to us, Seyong then begins to lightly spring the fruit up and down, in his free hand. "There we go, I knew I could convince you," he says, smirking slightly.

We then both meet eyes, give each other the affirmative, just before sneakily chucking the lemons over.

"Seriously, where do all of these lemons keep coming from?" ponders Gunwoo, loud enough for us to hear.

After hearing that, the two of us then both instantly turn away, with our hands clamped over our mouths, as an attempt to silence down our snickering.

Bit by bit, we then slowly turn back around, curious to see what was going on now, but as soon as Minah's hawk-like gaze manages to spot me, I can't help but let out a loud gasp.

"She knows!" I accidentally blurt out, while grabbing onto Seyong's arm.

Minah's eyes register with acknowledgment; "So it was you guys, all along?!"

Seyong can't hold it in any more, and is now laughing out loud, while Gunwoo, on the other hand, appears to be counting the amount of lemons that are surrounding them.

I feel myself swallow, as I watch Minah go to pick up the acidic fruit. "Minah, it wasn't me!" I try to defend. "I mean the one just then, kind of was, but I swear—all of the others have been coming from Seyong!"

This makes him stop his sniggering. "Hey!" he yells, with a pout. "You traitor, how could you just rat me out like that?!"

I frown, pretending to look remorseful. "Aw, I'm sorry," I mockingly coo, while giving his cheek a pat.

Seyong makes a face at me, but then the both of us then flinch, when something is hurled at his head.

And whatever it is, it ends up landing on the ground with a little bounce, where once we're able to recognise it, we then turn our attention back over to Minah, to see her playing with the sour fruit.

"Hey, nice aim," praises Gunwoo.

"Thanks," she replies, with a mischievous giggle. "Now I know why they were doing this, it's kind of fun."

Picking up another lemon, she then hands it over to him. Minah then happily encourages Gunwoo to peg it at us, and hearing that, it makes me gawk at them. "Minah, this isn't cool!" I comment, but she easily brushes it aside. This makes me grumble to myself, as I then turn my attention back over to Seyong. "Hey, tell him not to listen to her," I say, while nudging him slightly.

"What, why me?" asks Seyong.

"Because you're his best friend!" I reason.

Seyong lets out a scoff. "Yes, he's totally going to listen to me, when I'm the one who's been throwing the lemons at him, this whole time," he sarcastically says.

"Oh, I guess you kind of have a point—ow!" My sentence is interrupted, as I feel something small land on my head, and then fall down, onto the ground.

It's a lemon, and when Seyong and I both turn to where it had come from, we see Minah giving Gunwoo an enthusiastic high-five. She continues her excitement with a squeal, and he just laughs, until the two of them finally turn over to face us.

She's a bad influence on him, maybe them two getting together, wasn't exactly a good idea.

"Lemon fight!" declares Minah, from out of the blue.

Grabbing any lemon possible, I then begin to throw it at the two, as fast as I can.

Seyong does the same, and laughter is heard, from the four of us. We all run and dodge, weaving through people after people, who range from being oblivious to confused, about this lemon war. I can't seem to see anyone around me right now, so I take the chance to run back inside, to let them do all of the work. I know it's probably not fair for Seyong, but he'll be okay; because when Gunwoo goes down, and Minah becomes a little tired, then bam—! I'll come out to save the day.

Now that I'm standing in the kitchen, and looking out the window from the sink, I snicker to myself, about no one finding me in here.

But I think I’ve spoken too fast, because—

"Boo!" comes a voice, from behind.

Holy—!?

With wide eyes, I jump, and then let out a tiny scream, which makes the person chuckle, as they then go to wrap their arms around me.

And I don't have to turn around, to know that it's Seyong, as he continues to laugh at my reaction.

"So you're running away, huh?" he muses.

"I'm not running away, it's called 'strategic planning'," I say, with a frown. "And don't scare me like that!"

Seyong chuckles at my snappiness, and then nuzzles himself a little more into the back-hug.

I roll my eyes at his attempt of being cute, but smile anyway.

"So I've been working on this recipe, and I want you to help me cook it," he tells me, from out of nowhere.

Surprised, I lift an eyebrow. "Really, now? Should I be worried, or...?" my uncertain voice trails off.

Seyong is a little offended by my comment. "Hey, I'm not that bad of a cook," he says, with a little pout. "I can make some pretty decent sandwiches, you know."

I laugh a little at this, and then move him back to the topic; "Okay, so tell me this 'recipe' of yours. Will I like it?"

"Ha, like it? You will absolutely love it!" he confidently states. "If you agree, then you have to kiss me, and if you disagree, then I'll kiss you, okay?"

My eyebrows furrow together, giving him a weird look; "What kind of deal is this?"

But Seyong proceeds to dismiss my comment to the side, and straighten himself up. "Alright," he brightly begins. "So first, you take Seyong, and then put him next to Hyeri."

I feel his arms give me a slight squeeze, which makes me laugh a little.

"Oh, will you look at that, our dish is already cooking," he notes, sounding rather amused. "Anyway, you then add in some hugs, cuddles, and a lot of kisses! There’s already a hug, and it’s kind of turned into a cuddle, so..."

A sudden tap on my shoulder causes me to turn towards the source, and when I do, Seyong takes the chance to surprise me with a peck.

"And then," he continues on, after pulling away. "To spice it up a little, you add in a pinch of insults."

Clearing his throat, he then casually says, "You're fat," which doesn't fail to poke an irritated, "Hey!" from me.

Seyong lets out a laugh at my reaction, but then snuggles himself back into the hug. "Then finally, when you mix up all of these together, what do you get?" he queries.

Still unimpressed by his sudden insult, I give him a careless shrug of my shoulder. "I don't know, something stupid?" I grumble.

This causes him to frown. "No, of course not, you get love!" he corrects. "Love love love! Lots of love, because I love you."

My heart swells from his affectionate words, and I can't help but let out a heart filled giggle, as I find this 'recipe' of his, to be very cute. "Yes, Seyong, I love you too, you stupid monkey," I tease, with enjoyment.

Seyong flattens his eyes at me, showing me his disapproval of the last part of my comment, but before he can say anything, I lean in to give him a quick kiss on the lips.

And it works though, because the smile on his face tells me how he's temporarily forgotten about my little remark.

"I told you, you would like it," he says, smirking a little.

I playfully roll my eyes at him. "It's a little corny," I admit. "But—"

"Hey, what are you guys doing in here?!" yells a voice, from outside the window. "That's cheating!"

The two of us look up to see Minah, pointing an accusing finger at us, with a blinking Gunwoo next to her.

"Go away, we're making love!" orders Seyong, and his choice of words, make the two outside, give us a weird look.

It’s all quiet for a while, until I start laughing, and this is enough to snap them out of there odd gaze.

Minah holds up her hands in defence. “Okay, sorry, for interrupting your love-making session,” she says, while slowly backing away.

“It’s kind of funny to see them practically joined towards the hips now, don’t you think?” muses Gunwoo. “Strange, but really amusing.”

Minah nods and the two of them begin to comment on our close-knitted relationship, as though we’re not there.

We continue to watch as they both eventually walk off somewhere, probably to get more food or something, and once they’re out of our space, Seyong then brings his attention back to me.

“So what were you saying?” he asks. “You know, about my recipe?”

Thinking about it makes me smile. “Oh, that’s right,” I say, now remembering how Minah had cut me off. “Your recipe is so corny, that it makes me want to shrivel up and die from all the butterflies, but at the same time, I think it’s probably one of the best things that I’ve heard.”

Seyong is very pleased, as he shows me a loving smile. “So,” he says, while giving my waist a slight hug. “What are the other ‘best things’ that you’ve heard, aside from that?”

“Hmm...” I think for a bit, “I guess it would have to be how my family, friends, and you, all love me.” I shrug my shoulders a little, “The list can go on, but those are obviously the main ones.”

Removing his arms from me, Seyong then turns me over a little, so that I’m now directly facing him. “Yeah, the list can go on, alright,” he says, where his hand then reaches out, to gently clip my chin. “It can go on, just like out love.”

He then leans in to kiss me, and through this wholehearted doing, I just know that he’s right.

I know that he’s right, because I can picture us being together, for a very, very long time, and feeling this comforting warmth, is enough to tell me that this promise will be fulfilled.

———————————————

A/N: Guys, I’m dying, this is just...omg LOL, I can't believe it's finally finished?! x__x

Bah, I really wish I had been able to update this sooner, but I just couldn’t seem to find the right wording for anything, without backspacing everything, haha.

Anyway, thank you so much for sticking with me, throughout this whole way! Whether it was from the beginning, during the middle, or just recently; thank you for taking the time to read all of this, and laugh or yell (or react in some kind of way?) at your computer/laptop/phone, hahaha.

There was a time where I had almost given up on this story, and was very close to abandoning it, since I just lost the motivation, but...well, then I thought of how that wouldn’t have been very fair to the ones who actually like it, so yeah.

Oh, and the fact that I was looking forward to writing out the confession scene, kept me going as well, hahaha, so yeah; your support means a lot to me, and I’m just really glad to see people enjoy this fictional story, filled with my weird imagination, that makes me think, “How the heck did that even come to my mind??????” when I remember some certain scenes.

So once again, thank you so much for being here; for me, Hyeri, Seyong, Gunwoo, and Minah! ^^

Thank you so, so much! ♥