I Knew This Was Going To Happen

Cooking for Love

I wanted to cry.

Why was this happening, I thought today was suppose to be a good day?!

Looking back towards my so called 'cooking partner', I showed him that I was obviously not happy with the result. And as a response, he just decided to stick his tongue out at me, which made me roll my eyes as a reflex. Bah, how could Chaerin just change classes like that? My eyebrows creased together the more I thought of having to be stuck with stupid Seyong and his stupid— wait a minute, he can't cook...he can't cook, oh my God, he can’t cook so I'm going to end up failing this class?!

No, I refuse to let that happen!

“Alright everyone, let’s get started~” chimed the teacher’s voice.

The room suddenly erupted into chatter, as the sound of chairs being moved could be heard. I quickly snapped out of my daze and went to put on my apron. Tying up my hair, I then lined up at the sink to wash my hands, and decided that it would be alright if I could get the A+ for the two of us. As long as he doesn’t touch anything and that I have everything under control, then I guess things should be fine. But that idea quickly dissolved away, as droplets of water were suddenly being sprinkled onto my face.

Aggravated, I looked up at the source, and my eyebrows furrowed at the sight of the stupid cherry-head.

“Ha! You should have seen the look on your face!” laughed Seyong, “If was like this!”

He did a ridiculous pose that for some reason, reminded me of a deformed T-rex dinosaur; I don't know, it was probably the way he positioned his arms or something weird like that. Quickly drying my hands, I scrunched up the paper towel and then pegged it at his face, just before walking away.

———————————————

After collecting the ingredients, I made my way back to an empty bench, and began taking out all of the needed utensils. From the corner of my eye, I saw how Seyong was busy chatting away to Sojin, where the two of them appeared to be laughing at something. A frustrated sigh came out of me, when I realized that the -head was just going to slack off. But then I quickly reassured myself; this was what I had wanted, right? As long as I’m able to get a good grade, then it’d be alright...right?

“Wait a minute...” I mumbled to myself, and then frowned when the realization hit me, “I can’t believe I forgot the flour!”

Grabbing a new mixing bowl, I made my way over to collect the required flour. But then once I returned back, I almost dropped it when I saw Seyong at the stove.

Seyong.

At the stove.

The stove.

The friggin’ stove?!

For someone who somehow managed to burn toast from the toaster, (I will never understand how this is possible) I could feel my A+ slipping away, into a deep, dark, vortex, with the more I watched him take control of what was happening.

“Yah! W-What are you doing?!” I asked, feeling quite panicky.

Oh please please please, do not mess anything up.

“Cooking?” he replied in a matter of fact tone. He then made a face at the sizzling pan, “By the way, you’re very irresponsible for leaving the bench like that.”

“Me? Irresponsible?!" I said, sounding like he was crazy...which he really did; I mean, this is Seyong we're talking about. "At least I wasn’t off flirting with others!” I retorted.

“Flirting?” He smirked, “I was just simply sharing a joke with Sojin-ah over there~”

Sojin-ah? Since when did those two get so cozy for him to say her name like that?

Aish, what am I saying? Knowing him, he does this with everyone; we're not even close, but he acts like we are, which is pretty annoying.

I shook my head and dismissed the thought, “Whatever.”

Seyong suddenly started to sniff the air, like how a dog would once it had been able to catch a hold on something. “I smell jealousyyyy~” he sang with a sly grin. He then noticed the bowl of flour in my hands, and swiftly took it away, “Hey look, more ingredients to add!” And before I could reach out to grab it back, he had already dumped the entire thing into the pan.

“What—I—You—” I was at a loss of words as my fingers twitched, “Ah, why did you do that?!”

He then put up a hand, as if that would actually silence me. “Uh uh, I have everything under control,” he said, suddenly bringing out his Busan accent.

Giving my forehead a slap, I restrained myself from wanting to cry with a groan.

Seeing the look on my face, he then suggested the most spastic idea a -head can ever think of, “Hyeri-ah, do you want to see me do a back flip?”

“What?! No, I do not want to see you do a back flip!” I furiously shot back.

Seriously, why does he even bother lying to me? Silly boy; I know he looks like a monkey and everything, but a back-flip? Really Seyong, really?

As I tried to take control, he ended up ‘dancing’ while ‘cooking’. I attempted to push him away from the stove, but he would just krump around me, while somehow holding onto the pan at the same time. And since I honestly didn’t want the strange contents inside of it to land on me, I automatically distanced myself from him. Seeing me whimper out my frustrations in a corner, had seemed to encourage his stupid behavior, which was just horrible.

His ‘multitasking’ skills came to an end, when he suddenly slipped, causing the ingredients in the pan to go flying out to the front of the room. A sigh of relief came out of me, when I saw how it didn’t land on anyone. Phew, maybe if I can just quickly go out there to clean it—

Unfortunately, I spoke too soon, because Mrs. Choi happened to walk by at that moment, explaining something to one of the students, where she then stepped into the muck without knowing, and slipped.

Loudly inhaling some air, I ended up repeatedly slapping the culprit next to me, as her glare somehow managed to find its way towards us.

As soon as we made eye contact, I knew we were expecting an instant detention.

———————————————

Groaning, I unintentionally slammed my locker door shut, causing a few stares here and there.

“Honestly, if the first lesson is like this, how the heck am I going to survive for the entire year?!” I growled, while messing up my hair in the process.

Clenching my fist tightly, I then exhaled a sigh through my nose. It's going to be all his fault if I end up failing! Ah, why didn't I ask Mrs. Choi if we could swap partners from the start? Stupid Seyong and his stupid, stupid, everything!

"Heheh...uh, H-Hyeri-ah..." squeaked a female's voice.

Still angry, I slowly craned my head towards her. "Yes...?" I replied, not meaning to shoot her an intense glare.

Probably use to it by now, Minah just blinked for a bit, before putting on her trademark eye-smile. "Your aura is slightly scaring a few of the first years over there..." she whispered.

As soon as I whipped my head towards the direction that she had subtly pointed towards, a few 'eeps!' were heard, just before a blur of movement dashed away from us. Slumping down my shoulders, I rested my head against the door of my cabinet. Minah, who saw the glum look on my face, gave me a comforting pat on the shoulder which made me look back at her, “Don’t worry, he’ll improve, and hopefully, you guys will be able to work together a little bit...better?”

Her encouraging words conflicted with her confused tone of voice, which had me whimper some more, “Aish, Minaaaah, I think I’ll go crazy!”

Before closing her locker, Minah tried to cheer me up again, saying that things would be fine with her positivity. She was always such a carefree, happy, smiley person; why couldn’t I be more like her?

The reassurance soon came to an end, when she then apologized for not being able to have lunch with me, since the music teacher had wanted to ask her about something. I waved it off, assuring her that it was fine, and that we could catch up a little later.

———————————————

When I arrived at the cafeteria, I took a seat at the nearest empty table with my tray of food. Taking my chopstick, I then began poking at a piece of kimchi.

“Stupid Seyong and his stupid head, that had to get me into a stupid, stupid detention...” I grumbled.

“Whoa, what did that kimchi do to have that many holes being stabbed into it?” asked a slightly wary voice.

Looking up, my unhappy face saw a familiar caramel-head male. Insoo took a seat in front of me with his tray of food, as he continued to wait for my reply. My shoulders slumped down, just before putting the abused piece of pickled cabbage into my mouth.

“Stupid Seyong went and got me into a stupid detention,” I mumbled, as soon as I swallow the food.

Insoo paused midway from taking a spoonful of rice. “Wait, what? Wow, what happened this time?” he asked after an amused chuckle.

I unconsciously pouted, “It’s a long story...”

But knowing his curiosity level, he didn’t get the hint, and urged me to continue. I ended up spilling the story to him in one massive sentence, (because I knew he wasn’t going to give up any time soon) and it wasn’t long before he burst out laughing. And because he just so happened to have some rice in his mouth at the time, it felt as though my face had just been showered with tiny pieces.

“Insoo!” I yelled, while furiously wiping the sprinkles of rice.

He apologized for what had happened and eventually calmed down, but I could tell that he was having a bit of trouble trying to hold it in. Ugh, today is just not my day. Going back to poking at my food, I changed the topic, and we began to talk about our holiday as we ate our lunch. While we continued with this, another male happened to join our company.

“Hyung! Hyeri! Hi~” he cheerfully greeted, while plopping himself down next to me.

Chaejin's contagious smile had me smiling back at him. The three of us started talking, and that's when Insoo decided to fill him on my detention with Seyong.

"Yah, it's not funny!" I said, while giving his arm a slap.

"But he—was krumping and—hahahaha!" Chaejin burst out laughing again.

His infectious giggling fit had managed to pass onto Insoo, so now the two of them were just clutching a hold of their stomachs, while I continued to eat my rice with a glum face.

Am I the only one who doesn’t see this as something funny?!

The two eventually calmed down, where they then shifted the conversation onto other things. In the middle of talking, Chaejin suddenly wanted some ice-cream, which led him into convincing Insoo to come and get some with him, when his 'aegyo' didn't work on me. Once the two males disappeared from my sight, I went back to eating, only to end up choking on my food when I heard someone ask me a question from behind.

“Is anyone sitting here?”

———————————————

A/N: Ohohoho, who could this be? LOL, I at being ~*suspenseful*~ hahaha.

Anyway, thank you so much for reading! Comments are appreciated, because I love to hear what you guys are thinking, and the same affection goes towards subscribers! Thank you ^^