Chapter 2

You Lost Me // N

"Kim Ji-yoo!" 

Ji-yoo jumped from her seat on her desk in her bedroom, hearing her mother's voice. Her mother opened the door and walked inside, "What did you do?!" She asked. Ji-yoo frowned, looking at her mother in confusion. "What are you talking -"

"Don't play dumb on me," Her mother cut her off, "Why did you tell your Appa about this? I asked you not to." Ji-yoo stared at her in disbelieve, "You thought I could keep something like you cheating Appa? He knew something was wrong!"

"Why didn't you lied?" Her mother asked. "Like you?!" Ji-yoo snapped, fighting back her tears. "I'm not you! Now leave!" Her mother stared at her, she then took a deep breath to calm herself, "Ji-yoo -"

Ji-yoo grabbed her bag and walked pass her out the door. She rushed downstairs and went right out the front door, ignoring her mother calling her name. 

Hakyeon's POV
It was night time when I was going back home from buying groceries. I stopped walking when I saw Ji-yoo's father, drinking soju alone. "Abeonim?" I called and he looked up and smiled at me, "Oh, Hakyeon!"

I smiled a little as I walked up to him. "Abeonim, why are you here? Shouldn't you be home?" I asked. He chuckled a little, "I didn't want to go back home yet so I decided to have a little drink," He replied. "Sit down with me."

I sat down in front of him as he pointed to the chair. "I guess you know what is happing," He said, sighing. I looked down, "Yeah, Ji-yoo told me," I admitted and looked back at him. He nodded, "Good. I'm glad that Ji-yoo have a good friend like you," He said.

"What will happen now?" I asked. "Well, I'm getting divorces and Ji-yoo will ... Well, if she want, stay with me," He said. Just then, my phone rang and I pulled it out of my coat pocket. "Hello?"

"Oppa ..."

"Ji-yoo? What's wrong?" I asked, concerned when I heard her weak voice. Her father looked at me when I said his daughter's name, worried. "Oppa, can I come to your house until Appa will come back? He still not home," She said. 

"Your abeoji is here with me ... Where are you? Are you outside alone at this time?" I asked and then scolded at her. "I had a little argument with Eomma ... So I just left," She said. 

"Yay, Kim Ji-yoo, where are you?" I asked. "At the park," She replied after a moment. My eyes grow wide, "What? The park? Neo michyeoss-eo?" I scolded. "I'm sorry Oppa, but -"

"No but," I cut her off, "I'm on my way, stay where you are." I hung up and looked at Ji-yoo's father, "I'll go get her, Abeonim, go home," I said. He nodded, "Yes, okay, go." I nodded and got up. I gave a small bow to him before grabbing the groceries bags and rushing to my car.

End POV

Hakyeon parked his car after getting to the only park that he knew she would be. It was night time so he was worried about her. A young woman walking alone in the night is dangerous. He looked around the park, his eyes searching for Ji-yoo. 

He found her sitting in the banch, staring at her phone screen. He sighed in relief when he saw she was okay and he walked up to her. Once he reached her he called her name softly, "Ji-yoo." 

Ji-yoo snapped out of her thoughts when she heard a soft voice calling her name. She looked up to see Hakyeon looking down at her with concern eyes. He kneeled down in front of her, taking her hands in his. 

"Je jeongsin-iya?" He scolded gently. Her eyes filled with tears again when he said that. "Oppa ..." Her voice cracked. He stood up, pulling her with him. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her to a hug. She hugged back immediately, sobbing into his chest as he her hair.

"Gwaenchanh-a," He whispered, letting her cry. "I'm sorry for making you angry," She managed to say through her sobs. "Shh," He whispered and pulled away slightly, wiping her tears away. "Let's go."

She gave a small nod, looking down. He grabbed her hand gently and lead her away to his car.