Chapter 4

You Lost Me // N

Ji-yoo was outside of Jellyfish Entertainment building, waiting for Hakyeon to finish the auditions. After what happened between the two of them at that night, they started dating and she was happy.

 

She smiled to herself before snapping out of it when she saw Hakyeon walking out of the doors. "Oppa," She said as she rushed over to him. He gave her a small smile and she frowned, worried for bad news. "How was it?" She asked.

 

"Well, I ..." He started, sighing. She waited for him to tell her, worried. He stared at her for a moment before a smirk slipped to his lips, "I past." Ji-yoo's eyes grow wide and her jaw dropped, "Yay! Kkamjjag nollass-eoyo!" She said, making him laugh. "Sorry," He said, wrapping an arm around her.

 

"What now?" She asked as they started walking away. "I'm going to be a trainer can you believe it?" He asked. She smirked, "Look who is excited now," She teased and he laughed.

 

He stopped, making her as well. He turned her to face him, "Let's go out tonight," He said, making her eyes wide. "What?" She asked. "Let's go on a date," He said, pouting. "D-date?" She asked. He smirked, "Why are you so cute?" He asked, ruffling her hair.

 

Ji-yoo pouted, pushing his hand away from her hair, "Oppa!" She whined, making him laugh again. "Gaja," He said, grabbing her hand. She smiled down on their hands together as they walked off.

 

...................

 

After a few hours, Hakyeon pulled his car in front of Ji-yoo's house. She smiled at him, thanks for driving me home, Oppa," She said. He smiled, "I'll pick you up at 7," He said. She nodded and opened the door. Before she climbed out, she looked back at him and leaned over, kissing his cheek quickly and then climbed out.

 

She rushed to the front door, placing one hand on one of her burn up cheeks. Hakyeon chuckled as he watched her rushing to her house and shook his head before pulling out from the house.

 

Ji-yoo went inside the house, smiling as she closed the door. she leaned against the door and sighed happily. "Ji-yoo." She jumped and looked into the living room, seeing her mother. Her eyes were puffy and red, making Ji-yoo frown.

 

She opened to ask what happened but was interrupted when her father came down the stairs. "Appa?" She asked. "Oh, Ji-yoo," He said, smiling slightly. "Let's talk for a moment."

 

"Yeobo," Her mother started. "Don't," He cut her off harshly before looking back at Ji-yoo with soften eyes, "I'm leaving Korea." Ji-yoo's eyes grow wide, "What?" She asked. "It's my job. I need to leave Korea and move to America," He explained.

 

"But ..." Ji-yoo whispered, fighting back her tears. "We both signed the diverse papers," Her father said, glaring at her mother but she looked away, fighting her tears. He looked back at Ji-yoo and smiled softly as he placed a hand on her shoulder, "I'm leaving in two days."

 

"For how long? You can't leave me," She said. "You can come with me," He said. "What?" She asked, shocked as well like her mother. "Come with me. Stay with me in America for five years," He said.

 

Her jaw slightly dropped. Five years? "Appa ... I can't ... What about Hakyeon Oppa? I can't leave him," She said. "I know it's hard, but ... I want you to come with me. My boss said you could come and study overseas, wouldn't be great?" He asked.

 

"Appa ..." Ji-yoo said. "Yeobo, don't do it," Her mother said. "Think about it for tonight, okay? Give me answer tomorrow," Her father said, ignoring what her mother said. Ji-yoo gave a small nod, looking down.

 

Her father placed a kiss on her forehead and walked back upstairs. She took a deep breath then glanced at her mother, who stared back at her, "Ji-yoo," Her mother started but Ji-yoo walked away from her, walking up the stairs.

 

She went to her room and leaned against the door. She closed her eyes, letting the tears drop. She didn't knew what to do. Go with her father and study overseas or stay with her boyfriend and fight with her mother everyday. She shook her head, if she would have stay it will be for Hakyeon.

 

She pulled out her phone and dialed Hakyeon's number. "Hello?" He asked. "Oppa ... Can you come to pick me up now? I ... Need to tell you something," She said. "Oh? Okay, I'm on my way back," he said and she hung up.

 

She went out of her room and went downstairs. She walked outside and waited for Hakyeon. Soon he came and climbed out. Ji-yoo ran up to him and hugged him, wrapping her arms tightly around him. His arms wrapped around her and he looked down at her, "What's wrong?" He asked.

 

Suddenly, he got worried when he heard her sobbing. "Ji-yoo," He said, making her to look at him. She was crying, "Oppa ..."

 

"What's wrong?" He repeated. "I need to tell you something," She said. "What is it?" He asked. She shook her head, "Not here," She said.

 

They were inside the car, parking in front of the bridge. "What is it?" Hakyeon asked. Ji-yoo took a deep breath before looking at him, "Oppa ... My Appa is leaving Korea," She started. "What? Why?" He asked.

 

"It's his job," She said, her tears started fell again. "And he said I could come with him." His eyes slightly grow wide, "What? Are ... Are you going?" He asked. She looked away, "I don't know if I want to," She admitted. "He said I could study there but ... It's to long."

 

"How - How long?" He asked. "Five years," She replied after a moment. He looked at the bridge, holding back his own tears as he took a breath before speaking, "You should go."

 

Ji-yoo looked at him, shocked. "What?" She whispered. "You should go," He repeated. "You will study overseas. Not everyone can get that opportunity." He looked at her, "You should go."

 

"Oppa," Ji-yoo said, shaking her head slightly, "It's five years. I can't." He smiled slightly, "Even so ... You can't miss something like that," He said. "Oppa ..." She whispered.

 

He suddenly leaned over and crushed his lips into hers. After a moment, he pulled away, both were breathing heavily. "Don't worry about me," He said. "We both know you want to go."

 

"I don't want to leave you," Her voice cracked. He nodded slightly, wiping her tears away. "I know," He said. "But you will be back. So it's not goodbye forever." Their faces were still so close. "I don't want to go," She admitted. "I want to stay with you."

 

He smiled a little, "We'll met again," He said. She didn't talked no more, she wrapped her arms around him and hugged him. He her hair softly, letting out a few tears to drop from his eyes.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~Two days after~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Ji-yoo was glancing around the airport, hoping that Hakyeon was going to come to see her. Her father came from behind her, "Ji-yoo, are you ready? We need to go," He said. Ji-yoo sighed sadly, fighting back her tears. He didn't came. They didn't spoke since he took her back home after they broke up 'cause she was leaving with her father.

"Yeah ... I'm ready," She said, sadly. "Let's go," Her father said softly and wrapped an arm around her shoulder, leading her away.