Chapter 22

You Lost Me // N

"We're home," Hakyeon called when he opened the door. The members and their manager all got up and watched him and Ji-yoo walking in. "Ji-yoo!" The members called. 

"Annyeong," She said before Sanghyuk brought her into a tight hug, which Jaehwan, Wonsik and Hongbin all joined in a group hug. "Noona, you scared us," Jaehwan said. "We thought something bad happened!" Wonsik said as they all pulled away. 

Ji-yoo smiled a little, "I'm sorry for making you guys worried," She said. "Are you okay now?" Taekwoon asked. She nodded, "Yeah, Oppa." She looked at the manager and they both gave a bow to each other. 

"You the Ji-yoo the boys always talk about huh?" The manager teased, making Ji-yoo blush slightly. "Hyung, stop," Wonsik said, smirking. "Right, you making Noona blush," Hongbin said. 

"Yah, stop it," Ji-yoo said, smiling a little. "Let's all sit down to eat," The manager said. "Ji-yoo did you eat already dinner?" She shook her head. "Then let's sit," Jaehwan said before grabbing Ji-yoo's hand and pulling her with him to the table. 

...................

After the dinner, Ji-yoo went outside to the balcony. Hakyeon walked out and stood beside her. They gave each other a smile before looking at the view. "Thanks for bringing me," Ji-yoo spoke.

"You're welcome," Hakyeon said. "You can stay over for tonight if you want." Ji-yoo smiled a little before looking over her shoulder to see Jaehwan bringing over two coffee cups. 

"Here," He said as he handed one to her. She smiled, "Thank you," She said before he gave the second one to Hakyeon. "Have fun," He teased as he rushed back inside. 

Ji-yoo and Hakyeon chuckled before looking back at each other. Ji-yoo then looked down at her coffee and bit her lower lip. "Do you want to talk about what happened?" Hakyeon asked gently.

She sighed before looking back at the view of the city night. "Do you remember I told you that my Eomma cheated on Appa?" She asked as she looked at him. He nodded and she looked away from him. "She didn't."

He frowned, "What?" He asked. "She didn't cheated on him. She was sick," She replied, fighting her tears. Hakyeon stared at her with his mouth slightly opened. "She didn't want us to worry so she and that doctor were pretending."

"Ji-yoo -"

"She had cancer and she fought this alone," She continued, cutting him off. She took a deep breath as one tear slipped. "She dead." He stared at her with sad eyes, "When?" He asked.

"Four years ago," She replied. "I hated her for nothing. I was angry at her for something that was a lie." Hakyeon placed his hand on her shoulder. "And you know what the worst part of all of this?" She asked as she looked at him with tearful eyes. "My Appa knew this."

He stared at her as she looked away, wiping away her tears. He wrapped his arm around her and pulled her towards him, hugging her. She rested her head on his chest and closed her eyes, letting a few tears drop.

"I didn't knew she was sick," She said, her voice was cracking. "Shh," Hakyeon said, her hair. "It's going to be okay."

Wonsik and Jaehwan were watching the two from their spot by the doorway. "I wonder what happened?" Jaehwan said. "Yah, let the two be alone," Taekwoon said. "But, Hyung I think Noona is crying," Wonsik said.

"She is?" Sanghyuk asked, coming towards their hyungs. "She has Hyung with her. She probably telling him what happened," Hongbin said. "If she wants, she will tell us too," Taekwoon said. "Let them be." The three members sighed but agreed on that before stepping away from the doorway. 

Ji-yoo stepped away, wiping her tears away again. "I think I will go," She said. "No, I told you, you can stay here," Hakyeon said before wiping a few tears that she was about to whip away. Their hands touched and they stared at each other for a moment before she broke the eye contact.

"So ... You and Eunyoung -"

"Friends," He cut her off gently and she looked at him. "We're friends. That's all," He said. She gave a small nod before looking down at her coffee and picking it up. She bit her lower lip before she put the cup close to her lips but then she frowned as she smelled it.

She felt strange.

She made a face, pulling the cup away from her. Hakyeon watched her with a frown, "What's wrong?" He asked. She shook her head, "I don't know, I just ..." She put the cup down again.

"I thought you love coffee," Hakyeon pointed out. "I do. But I don't know I just don't want to drink it," She said. "Do you want something else to drink?" He asked and she shook her head. "No, I just ..." She started, frowning. "Feel weird."