Chapter 21

You Lost Me // N

Ji-yoo stared at the grave in front of her with puffy eyes. "Eomma," She whispered and kneeled in front of it. "Why didn't you say anything?" She asked. "Why didn't you told me you were sick? Appa and I ... Why did you let us believe that you were chuting on Appa?"

She stared crying again as she brushed her fingers on the name.

"She past away four years ago." That's what the doctor said.

Ji-yoo sobbed, "I'm so so sorry for hating you for no reason," She cried. "I should have talked to you. I should have stayed with you, I should have ..." She closed her eyes for a moment before opening them and stared at the grave. "I should have let you talk and take care of you."

She took a deep breath as the tears continued to fall. "I'm sorry Eomma. I love you and I didn't even told you that before I left," Her voice cracked again.

...................

Ji-yoo POV

After visiting Mom's grave, I went back home at the sunset. "Ji-yoo, you back," My stepmother said as soon as she saw me walking in the front door. "I'm home," I said before I froze when I saw Dad and Shi-woo sitting at the living room with Ye-jun and his Dad.

"Aigo, Ji-yoo, long time no see," Ye-jun's father said with a big smile. I gave a small one, "Annyeonghaseyo," I said, giving a small bow. "What's wrong? Did you cry?" My stepmother asked with concern.

I smiled at her before shaking my head, "No, Eomma, I'm fine," I said before looking at my Dad, "Appa, can I talk with you?" I asked. He nodded, "Let's go to my office," He said and we both walked away and went upstairs to his office.

"What is it?" He asked as I closed the door. I took a deep breath before facing him. "Appa ... It's about Eomma," I said and his eyes grow darker before he looked away, "Don't mention her."

"She didn't cheated on you," I said, making him look at me. "She was sick." My voice cracked again as I fought my tears back. "She ... She's dead." He stared at me for a moment before giving a small nod.

"I know."

I frowned, "What?" I asked. What did he just say? "I know. She died four years ago, I found out about it a few days before she dead about the cancer and a few days after about her death," He said. I stared at him with my jaw dropped. "You knew? And you didn't tell me?" I asked in disbelief. "Ji-yoo -"

"You know she didn't cheated on you for four years and you didn't tell me?!" I cut him off, raising my voice slightly. "You knew she was sick and you didn't tell me it and that she was dead?!"

"Ji-yoo, please," Dad said gently. "How could you?!" I yelled at him. "You let me hate her for something that didn't happen and let me to continue this even after her death, how could you?!"

"Ji-yoo, wait, listen to Appa," Dad said, talking a hold of my hand but I pushed it away before storming out of the room. "Ji-yoo," He said, following me downstairs. "What's wrong?" My stepmother asked but I continued walking away. I rushed out of the house and started running away.

End POV

"Hyung, where were you?" Hongbin asked Hakyeon as soon as he walked into the dorm. "Out with Eunyoung," Hakyeon replied. "Whyyyy?" Sanghyuk whined. "What 'why'? We friends!" Hakyeon said.

"She likes you!" Wonsik said as Hakyeon's phone rang. He picked it up, "Hello?" The members shook their heads. "Hakyeon," Ji-yoo's father said. "Yes, abeonim," Hakyeon said.

"Have you spoken with Ji-yoo?" Ji-yoo's father asked. Hakyeon frowned, "Ji-yoo? No I haven't spoken to her," He replied. "I need your help," Her father said. "She ran away from the house."

Hakeyon's eyes grow wide, "What? When?" He asked. The members looked at him, frowning. "Just a few minutes ago," Her father replied. "Can you help look for her?"

"Of course, I'll go look," Hakyeon said before quickly hanging up. "What's wrong?" Taekwoon asked as Hakyeon dialed Ji-yoo's number. "Ji-yoo is missing," He said. "What?!" The guys said at the same time.

Hakyeon groaned when he reached the voice mail. "I'm heading out to look for her," He said. "You want us to come with you?" Jaehwan asked. "No, but I'll call when I'll find her," Hakyeon said before rushing out.

Ji-yoo POV

I was sitting at the park bench, there was no one outside since the nights got colder now. I looked at my hands, letting out a small sob. I couldn't believe this was happening. I never felt so disappointed and angry at my Dad. I had no idea I could yelled at him like that.

Where all those emotions came from? What's wrong with me lately?

"Ji-yoo." I looked up to see Ye-jun rushing over to me. I looked away, rolling my eyes before getting up. He reached to me and grabbed my arm as I was about to walk away.

"Ji-yoo, wait," He said and I brushed his hand away from me. "What do you want?" I asked. "What happened? Why did you ran away?" He asked. "It's nothing to do with you so please leave me alone," I said.

"Ji-yoo, please," He said. "Leave me alone!" I snapped before taking a few step away from him but then froze when I saw Hakyeon walking up to us but he stopped a little far from us, staring at me.

I breathed out and all of a sudden, I felt my tears coming back and I let out a few of them before running towards him. As soon as I reached him, I wrapped my arms around him tightly and rested my head on his shoulder.

He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to him. I closed my eyes, letting my tears to fall. "Oppa," I sobbed. He my hair gently, "It's okay," He said and after a moment he pulled away slightly and gently grabbed my face in his hands. "Let's go," He said before grabbing my hand and pulling me with him away.

End POV

"Leo, I found Ji-yoo," Hakyeon spoke into his phone as he was driving and Ji-yoo at the passenger seat, staring out the window. "Really? How is she? Is she okay?" Taekwoon asked. "She ..." Hakyeon started, glancing at her before back at the road. "She will be."

"You taking her home?" Taekwoon asked. "No, I'm bringing her over. We'll see you soon," Hakyeon said before hanging up. He sighed before glancing back and forth at Ji-yoo. "Ji-yoo," He started as he looked back at the road.

She looked down, "Mmm?" He shook his head slightly, "Never mind," He said. She finally looked at him with her red puffy eyes. "Oppa, I'm sorry you had to look for me," She said quietly. "It's okay, I agreed to it," He said. "I'm taking you now to the dorm."