Chapter 1

You Lost Me // N

"Oppa!"

Hakyeon smiled when he saw Ji-yoo running up to him. "Hi," He said once she reached to him. She smiled, "Oppa, where you going right now? Are you going home?" She asked. 

He chuckled, "Yeah. Wae?" He asked, placing his school bag to his other shoulder. Ji-yoo shrugged, "Can I come to your place?" She asked. Hakyeon frowned, "Wae? Is something happening at your house again?" He asked, his voice was full of concern.

She shook her head, "I just want to stay with you," She admitted. His eyes grow slightly wide and so as her's when she finally realized what she said. "I-I ... You know what I meant ... Like, spending some time with my best friend," She said, feeling her cheeks burning up.

"Mmm ... Oh, okay. Yeah, sure," Hakyeon agreed and cleared his throat. He smiled at her and grabbed her hand, "Gaja." She stared at their hands holding each other with wide eyes as Hakyeon pulled her with him. 

They walked in silent down the street towards Hakyeon's house. "Ji-yoo," Hakyeon started. Ji-yoo glanced up at him, "Mmm?" She asked. "Can I tell you something?" He asked, tighten his grip on her hand. "Ne, Oppa," She said. 

Hakyeon sighed, "I'm going to auditions at Jellyfish Entertainment," He admitted. Ji-yoo's eyes grow wide and she grinned, "Jeongmal?!" She asked. He smiled and nodded. "Mmm."

"Wow, that's great news! Chughahaeyo, Oppa!" She said as they stopped walking. Hakyeon smiled again, chuckling slightly, "Yah, say it if I'll get in," He said. "You will!" Ji-yoo corrected, pouting. 

Hakyeon laughed, nodding before looking back at Ji-yoo, "Thank you," He said before they continued walking. "So tell me, how is everything going at home?" He asked after a moment. Ji-yoo tensed and then cleared , "It's okay. Appa is finally divorcing Eomma," She admitted. 

"Really?" Hakyeon asked and she nodded. "You seem slightly happy." She nodded again. "I am. Appa deserves better," She said. Ji-yoo never had a close relationship with her mother but after she found out she cheated on her father, her relationship with her mother completely collapsed. The only one she told about it was her best friend, Hakyeon. 

"Ah, when will the auditions start?" Ji-yoo asked, changing the subject. Hakyeon smiled softly, "In three days," He replied and she nodded. "Do you want me to come with you?" She asked. "If you want," He said. "I do," She said and they laughed a little.

They got to Hakyeon's house and went inside. "I'm home!" Hakyeon called. Hakyeon's Mom came out from the kitchen, "Oh, Hakyeon, Ji-yoo," She said with a smile. Ji-yoo smiled and bowed, "Annyeonghaseyo eomeoni."

"Hakyeon didn't told me you will come," Hakyeon's Mom said and looked at her son, "You should have told me so I could have made more food." Ji-yoo giggled as Hakyeon pouted, "It wasn't my fault," He said.

"Yeah, Eomeoni. It's my fault, I just asked Oppa if I could come over when I saw him walking home," Ji-yoo replied. Hakyeon looked at his Mom, "See? Not my fault," He said. 

His mother rolled her eyes at him before looking back at Ji-yoo with a smile, "Well, come in. I'll make some food for you as well while you and Hakyeon go to his room," She said before walking back to the kitchen.

Ji-yoo and Hakyeon went to his room, placing their school bags at the floor. "So do you have homework to do?" Hakyeon asked. "Yeah," Ji-yoo replied, sighing. She dropped into Hakyeon's bed and sighed again. "I'm so tired," She mumbled, closing her eyes.

Hakyeon laughed and dropped on the bed beside her. He glanced at her and smiled softly. "What?" He slightly jumped when Ji-yoo spoke, yet her eyes were still close. "Why are you looking at me?"

She opened her eyes and turned to her side, looking at him. Hakyeon sighed as he turned to his side, facing her. "Do you really think I will do good at the auditions?" He asked. "Of course!" Ji-yoo said. "I saw how you dance and sing. You are really good, trust me."

She smiled at him and he nodded, giving her a smile. He suddenly pulled her closer to him, making her eyes grow wide and felling her cheeks burn up. "Ji-yoo," He mumbled softly into her hair. "O-Oh?" Ji-yoo stuttered. "Thank you," He said.

Ji-yoo started to smile and buried her face into his chest. "You're welcome," She mumbled.