We got started

Not your ordinary WGM

Dear future husband,

I’m pleased to know that you will be my partner in this program (^^,)

I’m looking forward to meeting you.

A hint about myself? I’m still a newbie in this idol field, please take good care of me.

P/S: hope you love dogs, ‘cos we’ll be living with them soon..

From: Lovely and cheerful SJ


 

[Bighit Ent]

“It’s happening, huh?” Jhope holds the letter and faces the camera. Today is his first shooting for WGM. Only two days ago their CEO made an announcement about his appearance on the show. There are mixed reactions from the boys; the older ones would unendingly while the younger ones were curious and excited for him. Today for the first episode, Jhope and Jisoo will read the letters they wrote to each other.

“Eyaaah, Hobbieee. Open it, read it to us,” Jin calls him and they all gather in a semicircle on the floor.

V excitedly peeps from behind Jhope’s shoulder, “What does it says?”

“Any hints about your partner?” Rapmon asks.

“Who’s the unlucky girl, I wanna know,” Suga jokingly says to the camera.

“SJ? Her initials?” Jhope shows the letter to s after reading it.

“Hmm, who could she be? SJ.. Sejin, Shijin, Seojun. Soojoo, Soojung.. Sejeong? I.O.I?” Of course Rapmon is the first one to come up with different names, since he's like a Wikipedia for girlgroup members. “She wrote she’s new in this field. I.O.I just debuted this year. I’m sure it’s her,”

Jimin observes Jhope’s reaction and teases him, “Ooo, Jhope Hyung, you’re smiling from ear to ear,”

tumblr_ohzwa5L57o1v0fc6xo1_r1_400.giftumblr_ohrq48tEPu1r61yvqo1_400.gif

 


To my future wife,

I’m the sunshine you’ve been waiting for! I’ll make your days brighter!!! YEAAHH!!

Can’t wait to meet you!!!

Your husband-to-be, jovial, hot and perfect JHS


[YG Ent]

Blackpink members are in the midst of practice when crews from WGM barge into their practice room. All girls are startled but bow to them nonetheless.

The PD hands a letter from behind the camera and signals Jisoo to open them. She flashes a reluctant smile and tries her best to be excited about the letter.

“Do you have any idea who might your partner be?” This time it’s Jennie trying to be bubbly in front of the camera though she has no interest whatsoever. Jisoo doesn’t answer but just blinks in disbelief, and Jennie the closest one to her notices something amiss.

“Hehehe, our Jisoo Unnie is going on WGM, I’m scared for her husband,” Lisa jokes to Rosé to brighten up the mood.

“Don't be fooled, Jisoo unnie is not the person you see in front of the camera.  Truthfully, she is very talkative and very lively to the point that it suffocates you,” Rosé explains to the camera.

“That’s right, Jisoo Unnie is also a prankster who plans evil deeds on our members and other frie.. people, hehehe” Lisa adds.

“But, she can be a klutz since the last prank she pulled backfired,” Rosé laughs out loud and Jisoo playfully hits her with a rolled-up paper.

“Jisoo ssi, now we’ll give you a chance to make a phonecall to your partner to set up a meeting place,” the PD hands Jisoo her phone.

“Who am I supposed to call?” she accepts the phone but doesn’t know what to do with it.

“Just press call, Jisoo ssi. He's already waiting,” the PD kindly explains. She takes a deep breath and presses the call button. The members all look on in anticipation.

tumblr_ohvzg6wAfs1vzgvavo1_400.gif

“Jhope ssi, you'll be talking on the phone with her. So feel free to ask her anything you want to know,” writer Kim hands him her phone. Jhope grabs the phone from her and asks for ’s opinions on what he should say.

“Ask her about her hobbies. What is her favorite video game?”

“Ask her if she likes BTS, if she knows Jin,”

“Ask her what her favorite sport is. Does she like basketball?”

“Ask her if she likes hip hop. Who is her favorite rapper?”

“Ask her what is her favorite food, if she likes hamburgers,”         

“Haiiish, you guys are not helping,” Jhope rejects their ridiculous suggestions. “Wait, I think someone’s calling,” Jhope shows the phone to Writer Kim, asking if he should pick it up. She simply nods to him behind camera.

“Hello, is this Miss SJ?” Jhope nervously speaks. All the boys hold their breath and ask Jhope to put the phone on loudspeaker. They seriously look like high school girls snooping on a friend talking to her crush. V and Jimin even bite their nails giddily.

tumblr_inline_oging8XpGo1u5t3bj_500.gif

“Hello,” Jisoo purposely answers with a higher tone upon hearing the familiar voice. Her initial guess about her WGM partner is right all along.

“You have a lovely voice,” Jhope says and the boys all squeal but immediately clench their mouth to stop making any sounds. Jungkook the maknae hits his hyung playfully.

“Err, thank you?” Jisoo doesn’t know what else to say. She can clearly picture Jhope’s giddy face, along with other 6 curious boys who are probably listening and making fun of him. “Just wait till you find out, I'd like to see your reaction,” she internally says.

Jisoo decides to play along, for the sake of broadcast. “Mr. JHS, I know we’re not supposed to reveal our names, but what should I call you?”

“Since we’ll be married, how about calling me ‘my husband’?” Once again the boys shriek and Rapmon clenches his heart to contain his feels. Jimin even silently applauds him and gives an approving nod to the camera.

The Blackpink members giggle at Jisoo who is trying to hide her face from embarrassment. “My husband, you should call me ‘my wife’ then,” she bites her fist from so much cringe. V and Jimin hug each other as if they’re watching a romantic movie. Maknae Jungkook pass out due to the over cheesiness while Jin Omma tries to resurrect him with CPR.

“My wife,” Jhope shrugs his shoulders from too much giddiness. “What are you doing right now?”  

She bites her lower lips shyly in front of the camera, “I’m practicing with my members,”

“Oh, you must be really busy,”

Jisoo chuckles at his oh-so-polite tone, “I’m fine actually, we’re just taking a short break,” 

“What do you like to eat? I know lots of good places in Hongdae area,”

“Hmm, I like all kinds of food, I eat just about everything. Hmm, I particularly love spicy seasoned chicken,” she smiles cunningly and awaits for his response.

There is a long silence from him. “Hello?” she wonders is he’s still on the line.

“Ah, spicy chicken you said? That’s a little..” there's a hesitating tone from him.

“A little what? Spicy chicken is the best!” Jisoo emphasizes once again.

“Arasso, I know just the place that serves the best chicken in town,” Going to a chicken place for their first date is not what Jhope has in mind. Normally a guy would opt for a fancy western restaurant or a café for their first date, but if she insists, what can he say.

“Thank you my husband!” Jisoo shivers whenever those words come out of .

Jhope blushes as he imagines a sweet girl calling him that. “I’ll see you tomorrow, my wife,”

“Yes, goodnight my husband,” Jisoo ends the phonecall. She clearly heard the boys’ whispers and shrieks but tries to be nonchalant about it. Internally she died a few times.

tumblr_ogrkp0i8p11ua0ae8o9_r1_400.gif

Who knew she would interact with them this soon after what happened two days ago. Her attempt to make the boys leave by spiking their drinks didn’t go out as planned. Four of them: Rapmon, Jhope, V and Jungkook didn’t leave until next day because three of them were basically going in and out of the girls’ bathrooms. Poor Jungkook have to run to the stores because the girls ran out of toilet papers. Rapmon and V even vow to never touch chicken and coke for the rest of their lives. Jhope stormed out of their house once he feels he can get up on both feet. He even got the Xbox controller in Jisoo’s possession back. “Hah, you think you’re pretty clever huh? Just wait,” he gave Jisoo a warning but she just sticked her tongue out at him.

Once the staffs of WGM leave the practice room, Jennie approaches Jisoo. “Unnie, you look like you know the person you’re talking to,”

“Yes, I do,” Jisoo confidently says. “And you girls do too,”

“Who is it Unnie? Tell us, I have no clue,” Rosé is curious.

Jisoo shakes her head at Rosé. “Yah, we don’t even know a lot of idols outside of our company. Try to narrow it down from there,”

“Hmm, apart from BTS Sunbaenims.. oh wait, you mean them?” Lisa instantly pulls Jisoo’s hands to check her reaction.

Jisoo nods to all of them. 

“Wow, just from his voice? Daebak!” Rosé is once again surprised at her amazing detective skills.

“Don’t need to be so shocked Rosie. His letter is such a big giveaway, look. Doesn’t take rocket science to figure out who wrote this,” Jisoo points out to them. “Jovial, hot and perfect JHS: J.ho.pe, Jung Ho Seok, is his real name,”

“For real?” Lisa is now worried for her Unnie after what happened between them. And now the sworn enemies have to act lovey-dovey on camera is gonna be epic. EPIC FAIL.

tumblr_oh0z9bIiwx1ulrtj3o1_400.gif

 “Yes Lisa,” Jisoo sighs when the members looked worried for her.

“Arrgh what kind of program is this? How did they miraculously pair us up? I rather go on Real Men!” she grabs her hair in frustration. Her first variety appearance she anticipated turns out to be the thing she dreaded.

 “You asked for it, Unnie,” Jennie speaks up from a corner. Jisoo landed herself in this mess and the only thing to do is just go with the flow. “Plus, it’s only for show. You just have to act according to the script,” 

“You mean.. everything’s scripted?” Lisa just found out how WGM actually work.

“That’s showbiz Lisa. You’re not expecting them to end up as a real couple right?” Jennie explains to her.

“But the pairings in TV look so believable. I think the staff made a good choice casting Jisoo Unnie and Jhope sunbaenim,” Rosé’s imagination runs wild at the thought of them together.

“Ugh, what makes you say that?” Jisoo frowns at Rosé and Lisa’s reactions. Did they have some memory loss or something? Things are not looking too good between her and the boys, especially Jhope.

“Because he fits into your ideal type?” Rosé states it out loud like it’s a known fact.

“He has the same sense of humour as you, he's manly and um a good dancer?” Lisa recalls what Jisoo previously said in an interview.

“This is just freaky. I see a lot of similarities between Jhope sunbaenim and.. him,” Jennie is careful not to bring up her ex’s name in front of Jisoo.

Jisoo ponders at the things her members said. The old memories come back to her and she smiles bitterly.

“Ah, sorry unnie I just can’t help comparing them,” Jennie felt apologetic for mentioning it. Even after two years she still can’t forget the guy. “How about we go out for burgers and milkshake?” Jennie suggests.

“Let’s celebrate Jisoo Unnie’s first variety appearance,” Lisa gets up immediately.

“I don’t know,” Jisoo pouts but the girls know her too well. She’s not gonna turn down such treats, especially when she’s all sulky. All she needs is more cooing from the members.

“C’mon unnie, you can have the jumbo Nutella Milkshake all by yourself,” Rosé knows just the right thing to say to make her happy. She smirks when noticing Jisoo’s hidden smile amidst bowed head.

“Hmm? What did you say?” Jennie hears a soft mumbling from her.

“And blueberry cheesecake too,” Jisoo says out loud. The girls just laugh in disbelief. “Anything for you unnie, let’s go,” Jennie leads them and Jisoo skips ahead of the rest like a happy little girl.

tumblr_ocr4z6Z3Aq1ui4a49o4_250.gif

“Bring her hamburgers, that’ll win her heart!” V suggests to Jhope as he gets ready to go on his first date with his 'wife'.

“Nonsense, that only works for birdbrain like you,” Jimin offers a plush toy with moon-shaped eyes that looks similar to him. “Girls won’t resist something as cute as this,”

“Move away both you peabrain and birdbrain. Chocolates! Bring her a box of chocolates Hobbie ya!” Rapmon holds up a box of Hershey’s kisses.

tumblr_ocr4z6Z3Aq1ui4a49o9_250.gif

“You think so?” Jhope is clueless whether he should take those gifts with him.

“What is this? That won’t impress any girl.” Suga takes the chocolates and plush toy away from Jhope. “Yo Hobbie, be a man! You should go big or go home. Give her a ring!”  

tumblr_nu2i6fCT2O1qagqqso6_400.gif

“Woahh, you’re getting ahead of yourself,” Jin pries Suga’s hand away from the confused Jhope.

“Hyung, just get her some flowers,” Jungkook speaks up from the side.

“Flowers? Huh? Like live ones?” Jhope doesn’t understand why people would sell live flowers when they are better left untouched on the plant itself.

“Yes hyung, fresh flowers. They sell them in a shop with colorful wrappers,” Jungkook explains as his hyungs listen to him attentively.

“But they’re useless. You can’t eat them, and you can’t keep them since they’ll die,” V says to him.

“A guy always brings his date flowers in the movies, trust me hyung!!” 

“Okay maknae, I’ll get a bunch of live flowers on the way to meet her,” Jhope nods and messes the maknae's hair.

“It’s called a bouquet,” Jungkook yells before Jhope leaves their dorm.

tumblr_ohymogH0341sowt91o7_400.gif

From afar, Jisoo notices Jhope fidgeting on his seat in the restaurant he suggested. He’s waiting for her with a bouquet of bright orange roses. She takes a deep breath and slowly walks to the entrance.

“Showtime,” she opens the door confidently.

“Hello, my husband,” Jisoo greets him with a soft voice.

Jhope gets up to his feet and bows to her. “Hello… my… wife?” His cheerful expression turns blank the moment he sees her face.

“You gotta be kidding me,” Jhope blurts out unknowingly. The staffs smile at his reaction; they thought Jhope was mesmerized by Jisoo’s beauty.

“I’m Blackpink’s Jisoo. Nice to meet you my husband,” Jisoo kept her calm composure and stretches out her hand for a handshake. Jhope keeps staring at her with wide eyes in disbelief.

Jisoo smiles while looking at him straight in the eyes. She signals him to return her handshake.

“Nice to meet you! I’m Jhope!” he shakes her hand vigoriously and doesn’t let go. Jhope flashes a wide grin and pulls her into his embrace. “I can’t believe I’m finally meeting my wife!”

“KYAAAAAAA!” Writer Kim hides her face from too much fangirling. 

tumblr_ohkga7DS1g1vng8dpo2_400.giftumblr_ogv6yem4G71rkghf1o2_r2_400.gif