We got surprised

Not your ordinary WGM

August 2016

YGEnt

 

“SURPRISEEEE!”

Praises and applause fill the practice room the moment all four girls enter with unsuspecting thoughts. They clench the winning trophy, their first winning prize after their long awaited debut last week tightly and try their best to hold their tears.

„Congratulations girls on your first win!”

“Well done! We’re so proud of you”

“Congrats, now hit it big!”

All the staffs of YG entertainment are there to celebrate with the members of Blackpink, the 4-member girlgroup that YG had trained for 5 years. Jennie and Rosé hug each other tightly and cried for they are too overhelmed by all that is happening. Lisa the crybaby bawls her eyes out and one of the staff has to calm her down. Meanwhile the teary-eyed Jisoo looks at all the members and smiles as she bows to YG Sajangnim. He just nods his head to her and Jisoo knew that that alone is a huge compliment from him.

Spending the past 6 years training and undergoing monthly evaluation in front of one of the scariest person she ever met, she has learned to comprehend Yang sajangnim’s body language and terrifying stares. Those hardwork has finally paid off when Yang Sajangnim finally announced that they will be debuting this year, and the 1st award they receive today is just like an icing on the cake for them.

“Now enjoy the food but don’t go overboard since you girls still need to watch your diet. Come to my office in an hour.” Yang Sajangnim says to them as he cooly leaves the practice room.

Jisoo didn’t even realize there was a spread of delicious food and cakes prepared for them in the midst of all that is happening. Her 2NE1 sunbae, Dara and Bom call her from the table as they are preparing to blow the candles on the cake they personally ordered for the members of Blackpink.

“1, 2, 3…” Jisoo, Jennie, Lisa and Rosé blow out the candles and everyone cheer for them.

“It feels just like yesterday when 2NE1 had a surprise party just like this one after we return from our debut stage, remember Dara?” Bom says to Dara who’s taking a selfie with the girls.

“How could I possibly forget that Bommie. We cried a lot too.” Bom nods enthusiastically while stuffing with a spoonful of cake earning her giggles from the girls. 

“Try them, they’re the best!” Bom points at the corn flavoured cake.

“Yeah, it might seem strange but you can trust Bommie on this.” Dara adds.

Lisa takes a big slice and places it on a plate, she then feeds her unnies, Jisoo and Jennie each a mouthful before tasting the cake herself. Rosé however couldn’t have any of it because of her allergy so Lisa gives her the strawberry slices on top of the cake instead.

“You girls are so kind and sweet. That’s really a good start for surviving the business. As a team you must learn to take care of each other, and always be considerate of other people. Hardwork has gotten you this far but you will need the right attitude to bring you further.” Dara advised the girls with her wise and sincere words.

“I know each of you have big dreams and have great passion, but remember to enjoy the every moment too. Cherish every day and always be thankful.” Bom adds as the girls listen to her with serious face.

“Yah, I’m not Yang Sajangnim, don’t be tensed,” Bom playfully pats Jisoo and Jennie as they reminded her of her and Dara when they were still rookies.

“We’ll be going now. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you need anything to talk about,” Dara waves the girls goodbye and pulls Bom away from the buffet.

“Or if you girls wanna go out for delicious food, I’ll treat you.” Bom adds cheekily, knowing Hwangssabu, YG’s health trainer is keeping an eye on her.

 The Blackpink girls thank Dara and Bom and bow politely as they leave.

 

 

An hour later, the girls went up to the CEO’s office. They are nervous as they enter his room and stand in front of Yang Sajangnim in a straight line.

“I would like to congratulate all of you on your first winning today, I’m proud of you.” Sajangnim says with a serious face while still on his desk looking at the screen of his computer. The girls couldn’t believe their ears listening to his first compliment to them. Jennie quickly bows as she thanks him, and the rest of the girls follow her actions.  

“Since I’m in a good mood today, I’m rewarding you girls with anything you ask for. Now each one of you tell me, what do you want.” Yang sajangnim says while he stands and approaches the girls. He leans on his table in front of the girls with his arms crossed.

“A TV at our dorm would be nice.” Rosé is the first one who answers. She smiles warily and checks the CEO’s reaction after realizing that it could be too much to ask for.

“Erm, I would like a bigger room, perhaps we can move to a new place?” Lisa voices her wish. The girls are currently sharing an apartment where all four of them are crammed into a room with little personal space.

“Hmm, I see. Now what about you?” Yang Sajangnim tilts his head to Jennie and Jisoo.

“I would like for Blackpink to appear on variety shows, not only on music programs.” Jennie shyly says.

“Any show in particular Jennie?”

“I would like to go on Weekly Idol” Jennie replies.

“Yang Sajangnim, that’s also my wish. I would like to appear on We got married!” Jisoo answers confidently.

The other three girls whip their heads towards Jisoo, staring at her in disbelief as if she grew a second head.

“Yes, I would like to go on We got married.” She repeats.

 

CrBYCcRUsAAfTDk.jpg