The Attempt

Can Love Be Arranged?

Tzuyu managed to fall asleep as soon as she had tucked Sana into her bed silently, placing the blankets over her. She smiled, thinking about the fact that she’d get to talk to Sana alone later. The next day was set to be chaotic and full of activities that Sana and Momo had organised earlier before their expected visit to their neighbourhood. She was excited yet scared for the scheduled plans. Tzuyu didn’t leave the house much to go around and visit places often. She rarely talked to anyone additionally so maybe this is what she needed to become more talkative and friendly. She was just afraid that she wasn’t going to be able to talk well in front Sana.

By the time Tzuyu woke up, Sana and Momo had already gotten up and packed away their beds and blankets. Chaeyoung, Mina and Somi were all still sleeping so she didn’t know what to do. It was like waking up before your friends at a sleepover, except for the fact that the friend is awake but you still want to lie in bed instead. She made up her mind and went to check on the two girls instead. Tzuyu crept quietly past her sister, walking on her tiptoes and hoping the floorboards don’t give her away from the squeaking.

She successfully passed them, sighing in gratitude before she realised she had to do it again to get to the kitchen. The room her parents were in was right near the kitchen area. Why on earth did she even decide to get out of her bed for this? It felt like mission impossible, without the intensity. She took a step, hearing a creak under her foot and swore under her breath. Tzuyu could hear the faint snoring from her parent’s room and let out the breath she was holding. She passed their room and almost celebrated when she reached the kitchen.

She smiled seeing Sana work silently in the kitchen while Momo was nodding off on the table, almost asleep. How was she going to do this without scaring her? There was no way to do it without having that effect. Tzuyu prepared herself, remembering that Sana mentioned something about being clumsy. She moved a little closer to Sana before she called out to her.

“You need some help?” Tzuyu asked softly.

Sana shrieked, turning around and colliding into Tzuyu, making her fall backwards. Tzuyu managed to safely hold her in place with her arms around Sana’s waist.

“Sorry about that.” Tzuyu whispered as Sana blushed at their proximity.

“How come you’re awake already?” Sana asked after calming her heart, looking over to Momo who seemed like she was knocked out.

“Well, I wake up early often. It’s normal for me.” Tzuyu replied. “Now, help?”

Sana smiled and nodded, laughing as Tzuyu struggled to cut a tomato.

“You’re using the wrong end of the knife.” Sana chuckled, turning the knife around as Tzuyu blushed at her lack of knowledge.

“I don’t cook often so I’m not in the kitchen either.” Tzuyu confessed.

“Well, that’s great to know.” Sana laughed.

They finished up cooking up their lunch for later and packed it in one of the cars they were taking later on. They moved on to making breakfast for everyone in the house.

“Let’s give you something simple, yes?” Sana offered, earning a nod from Tzuyu. She handed Tzuyu an egg.

Tzuyu was quite clueless on what to do. Was she meant to flip it? Split it? Stir it? She knew how to crack one at least.

“TZUYU! YOU’RE BURNING THE EGGS!” Sana harshly whispered, taking the eggs off the stove and leaving a pouting Tzuyu behind. “Have you really never cooked?” Sana asked, quite astonished at the mess.

Tzuyu embarrassedly nodded her head. She’s been living on premade meals and take away food her entire life. She rarely ate food that was handmade and cooked from home.

“Eh, how about you butter the bread?” Sana suggested, biting back a smile at Tzuyu’s sulking.

“Alright.” Tzuyu replied.

Tzuyu turned around to grab a butter knife from one of the drawers. She had no clue where they were. She was going to ask Sana, heading to tap her shoulder but Sana turned around at the same time, scaring Sana once again as they bumped heads.

“Ouch!” They both whined at the same time, laughing while massaging their foreheads.

“Are you looking for something?” Sana asked.

“Yeah, just a butter knife.” Tzuyu mumbled, scratching her head.

Sana laughed silently at Tzuyu’s shyness and handed her a knife from the top drawer of the kitchen cabinet. Their fingers brushed as Sana passed it over, sending an electric shock down through their bodies as they locked eyes. Tzuyu seemed to be lost in Sana’s eyes, which had managed to hold her captive since the moment she had seen her and Sana was entranced by Tzuyu’s doe eyes.

The light beeping of the microwave made them break their gaze as they both blushed profusely at their interaction a few moments ago. They managed to plate up the food quickly, despite the many times they ended up bumping into each other in the kitchen. Sana rushed to wake Momo up as Tiffany was coming down to the kitchen.

“Momo, come on! Wake up!” She nudged, getting no reaction from the sleeping girl. Sana decided to pinch Momo’s side.

“Holy Jokbal!” Momo shouted, sitting up straight and rubbing her eyes.

“That was mean Sana.” Momo pouted.

“Would you rather be skinned alive by Aunty?” Sana teased.

Momo’s eyes widened at Sana’s words and she shot out of her seat, pretending to help with something in the kitchen. Tzuyu laughed at the interchange between the two of them, finding it extremely amusing.

The booming voices of their parents were coming closer and the young ones huddled together, acting as natural as they can.

“Wow. Everything is already set up?” Wooyoung said.

“We have been up for hours.” Tzuyu commented.

“WE?” Wooyoung exclaimed.

“Yes, we. The three of us.” Tzuyu replied

“You’re saying you had a hand in breakfast?” Wooyoung wrinkled his nose as he observed the food.

“Yes Dad. But I didn’t do much.” Tzuyu snickered.

“Of course you didn’t. You can’t even cook.” Mumbled Wooyoung, making Sana stifle a laugh.

“She helped out Uncle. It was good enough.” Sana commented, making Tzuyu blush.

“We don’t have much time; everyone needs to eat quickly. Come on Somi.” Chaeyoung scolded as Somi stifled a yawn.

Tzuyu pulled out a simple outfit for the day; a pair of jeans, white shirt and a red and black checkered flannel coat. There was a knock at her door as she was about to change and she quickly opened it, surprised to see Sana on the other side.

“I just wanted to let you know that you should keep a spare pair of clothes. We might go for a swim.” Sana informed before she walked away, leaving Tzuyu standing with an abnormal heartbeat once again.

Tzuyu packed her camera and a few other necessities in her bag. She liked carrying a backpack with her since it was super convenient. She put the clothes inside there too, not sure where else she could pack them.

“Tzuyu, Mina, Chaeyoung. You’ll ride with Sana. Momo will ride with her parents and Somi will ride with us since we have the baby’s seat fit in ours. Just follow each other; is that okay?” Wooyoung suggested, earning approving nods from everyone. “Alright, let’s go!”

How was I meant to manage an entire ride sitting next to Sana? Is Dad crazy? Mina and Chaeyoung will be cutesy and flirting at the front while we sit at the back awkwardly. Actually, things haven’t been so awkward between us now. We might bump accidentally or touch by accident as well but we laugh it off. It’s become a norm for us. – Tzuyu

I almost had a heart attack when Tzuyu’s Dad suggested the seating arrangements. I was going to be sitting next to Tzuyu the entire day, having to deal with her close proximity while I had butterflies continuously attacking my stomach. It’s going to be one hell of a ride, that was for sure. But for now, I’m actually glad that I’m able to be myself around her without being afraid or nervous. – Sana

The cars set off for their first destination, Mina driving their car with Chaeyoung in the front seat while Sana and Tzuyu sat at the back.

“So Sana, how’d cooking go in the morning? You can tell us the truth. It’s fine.” Chaeyoung asked.

“Well… I was quite surprised but she did well. It was fun having her in the kitchen with me.” Sana chuckled, casting a side glance at Tzuyu and seeing her smile proudly.

“Wow. I think that’s the first time I’ve heard anyone compliment Tzuyu in the kitchen.” Mina laughed.

“At least I’ve spent time in the kitchen.” Tzuyu snickered.

“Good point Tzuyu!” Chaeyoung cheered, giving her a high-five while Mina just glared at her.

Sana had her hand lying on the middle seat, a few centimetres away from Tzuyu’s hand. She wanted to hold her hand but she didn’t just want to grab it. Her hands inched closer and Tzuyu seemed to realise her plan since she couldn’t take the smile off her face. Tzuyu couldn’t take Sana’s slow speed anymore, she slipped her hand into hers, threading their fingers together. They avoided eye-contact, looking outside as if the green trees were the most interesting things in the world. Mina and Chaeyoung smiled at the two, giving each other understanding looks at the memory of their own experiences.

Tzuyu pulled out her headphones, plugging it into her phone while trying not to let go of Sana’s hand in the process. She offered one ear to Sana who gladly accepted and put her own one in her ear. There was a song she’s recently fallen in love with called Love Paint by Nu’est.

Even Beauty is jealous of you
I’m lingering around you (secretly)
I wanna fill you up with a bright light
And you are a red light ruby, maybe
You shine brighter so everyone is jealous
When you think of happiness, I wanna show me to you

In my black and white life, you
You put colour into my love, painting, painting
Like a beautiful scenery, wuh
With all I am, you, you
With all I am, I will protect you
From the East where the flowers bloom
A harmonious colour

You came down from a rainbow
I wanna sing you a song
My heart wants to draw you, who is like the sunlight
I wanna go to you like sweet rain and enter you

Brighter than any other colour, strangely dazzling
You’re so clear, I wanna wrap around you
With a colour I’ve never seen before
You pull me into you

In my black and white life, you
You put colour into my love, painting, painting
Like a beautiful scenery, wuh
With all I am, you, you
With all I am, I will protect you
From the East where the flowers bloom
A harmonious colour

You shine on my entire world
I wanna walk with you during your days
I’m slowly going to you
I’ll look around and follow you from behind
The night sky is coloured with you
In this painting, it’s only you and me
I hope this moment will never stop
I hope I will only protect you

You shine so much that it makes me sad
A prism that has millions of colours
Like a shooting star
You and me, you and me, You, You
The moment our eyes meet
From the East, we become
A harmonious colour


A/N: Firstly, I'd like to apologise for the extremely long delay.

I've had a very tough week and it's not getting any better.

I promised myself I would update as soon as I can so I apologise for any mistakes I've made, it's not proof-read.

Secondly, I'm extremely thankful that you've all been super patient!

Thank you for still sticking by this story, even though it's not the greatest.

Thirdly, thank you to everyone who has upvoted, subscribed and commented.

I might have thanked you before, but you guys have kept me going.

And finally, hope you like the chapter!

The song for this chapter is Nu'est's new song called Love Paint.

You should give it a listen!

And Red Velvet's comeback has me going crazy too...

P.S: Thanks M, for the motivation

Sorry for the extremely long author's note hehe

- stupid author