The Night

Can Love Be Arranged?

A/N: This is a continuation from the previous chapter


Tzuyu helped Sana up, carrying her to her own car rather than Sana’s car. She blasted the heater in her car and sat in the backseat with Sana, seating her on her own lap and holding her close. Sana was still shivering and wincing occasionally. Tzuyu simply rocked Sana, hoping it would provide some sort of leeway to get her to fall asleep or calm her while she figured out how to get Sana home. The weather was crazy enough, how was she meant to drive two hours all the way back to her parent’s house? Sana’s whimpering brought Tzuyu out of her thoughts. She was sweating profusely and mumbling incoherently.

“Sana? It’s okay love. Nothing’s going to happen. I promise.” Tzuyu whispered, kissing the side of Sana’s head, making her snuggle closer into Tzuyu’s embrace.

Tzuyu pulled her phone out of her pocket, aiming to call Momo or message her but she cursed inwardly when she realised her phone had died. What was she supposed to do know? She thought hard about the possible solutions and gulped when she realised she figured out she had three. One, she could take Sana back home and risk both of their safety as they drove in the chaotic weather. Two, Tzuyu could take Sana to her own apartment and contact Momo and three, take Sana to her parent’s house. She immediately disregarded her first option; she was not willing to place Sana in danger of the one fear that still resides within her. Option three seemed like an appropriate solution but Tzuyu would have to travel back to her own apartment and that would leave Sana alone in a foreign house.

Option Two it is.

Sana had finally fallen asleep. Tzuyu had wrapped her in blankets she had kept in the car for Somi. They were small but the best she had to keep Sana warm in the slightest way. She carefully put Sana’s seatbelt on, trying her best not to wake her, angling her head to a somewhat comfortable position. Sighing heavily, Tzuyu jogged in the rain to go over to the driver’s seat, slowly pulling out of her parking spot. She was glad that Sana didn’t have to go to university tomorrow for lectures. Tzuyu drove carefully in the rain, not wanting to wake Sana up either. She parked her car in the apartment garage and carried Sana on her back. Sana snuggled in the crook of Tzuyu’s neck, nudging her nose against Tzuyu’s neck.

Tzuyu kept Sana in place, straining to reach the back pocket of her jeans where her keys were kept. Why did she decide to put it there today? She sighed heavily, pushing Sana up a little bit and finally getting access to her pocket. Tzuyu almost squealed in joy as she unlocked her apartment door. She took Sana to her spare bedroom, laying her down on the bed before she went to call Momo from her home phone line. She knew this was a weird situation but it was the best she could do at the moment.

“Hello?” Momo greeted over the phone.

“Momo! This is Tzuyu.” Tzuyu said breathlessly.

“Oh, Hyeongbu! Is everything okay?” Momo asked.

“There’s a bit of a problem. The weather went wild today and Sana got stuck at university. I can’t drive back to drop her off so she’s staying at my house. Is that okay?” Tzuyu explained, biting her lip as she waited for an answer.

“Hold on, I’ll just tell Mum and Dad.” Momo said, moving about and leaving Tzuyu in silence. “That’s fine Hyeongbu. Just take care of her and yourself too.” She answered, hanging up.

She also informed her sister and her parents about the situation, not wanting to leave them out of the loop of what was going on.

Tzuyu sighed in relief at the situation. Why did she feel so cold right now? She shuddered, realising she was still in her own wet clothes. Luckily, Sana hadn’t gotten very wet in the rain otherwise changing her clothes would’ve been quite an issue. Tzuyu sneezed, trying to muffle it as to not wake Sana up. She needed to shower. Tzuyu groaned as she felt her nose slightly blocking. She headed to the shower in her room, stripping off her wet clothes and embracing the hot water streaming from the shower head.

Her body felt a little better as she got out of the shower, still feeling sore in certain areas. Tzuyu dressed up in a simple white tee and three quarter khaki shorts. She had to stay up and check on Sana for the night so she decided to make coffee for herself in the kitchen. She was still sniffling, her nose partially being able to smell the glorious aroma from the coffee. It scalded her tongue, but she drank it down quickly, not wanting to leave Sana alone for much longer. Tzuyu pulled out the ottoman from under the bed in the spare bedroom, sitting on it comfortably and grabbed a blanket as well. Sana was currently sleeping peacefully and she hoped she would be able to continue doing so.

About three hours in, the clock almost hitting 1am, lightning could be heard booming outside. Sana suddenly whimpered and Tzuyu shot up out of her seat. She didn’t know what to do to comfort Sana this time. What was deemed appropriate and what was not? She gulped as she tip-toed to Sana’s side. Maybe the best thing she could do was to just hold her hand. She bent down next to the bed, leaning her back against the wall. Tzuyu slipped her hand through Sana’s, who held on tightly. She whimpered but seemed more relaxed than before, breathing becoming constant again.

Tzuyu was feeling cold and cursed herself for not bringing her blanket or wearing warmer clothes. She shivered again, teeth chattering. She blew hot air onto her hands, hoping it would provide some warmth. Sana’s whimpering had stopped with the easing of the weather outside. Tzuyu moved her head to lean against the post of the bed, still letting Sana hold on to her hand. She had a strong grip on Tzuyu’s hand.

Sana opened her eyes as the morning sun hit her eyes. She immediately bolted upright when she realised she was in a foreign place. Where was she? Why was she here? What was she doing here? She pushed her brain to think about what had happened. Sana looked around the room, observing her surroundings. Her eyes widened when she saw Tzuyu, slumped on the side of the bed. Her own hand was still holding onto Tzuyu’s, making Sana blush. So she was with Tzuyu. Sana frowned as she saw Tzuyu’s condition. She was sweating profusely and looking rather pale. She brought a hand to her forehead, retracting it immediately when she felt Tzuyu’s high temperature.

She had sacrificed her own wellbeing to stay by her side. Sana couldn’t help but feel stunned by Tzuyu’s treatment towards her. She crept out of the bed slowly, trying not to wake Tzuyu up yet. Sana prepared towels and iced water, bringing it back to the room. She gently tried waking Tzuyu up in an effort to get her to lie down on the bed. She decided to pull Tzuyu up instead, not able to wake her up. Sana carried Tzuyu to the bed, helping her lay down as Tzuyu winced, most likely from a sore throat. She soaked a towel in the water, squeezing it out before she placed it on Tzuyu’s forehead. The latter shuddered under the cold contact, Sana pulling an extra blanket and covering Tzuyu with it.

After repeating the process for an hour, Tzuyu was once again in a deep sleep, breathing evenly. Sana decided to talk to Momo and cook something as well. She looked through Tzuyu’s cupboards, looking for something appropriate to cook. She pulled out her phone, dialling in Momo’s number and letting it ring as she prepared to cook.

“Sana!” Momo immediately greeted as she picked up the phone.

“Hey Mo.” Sana responded, placing the ingredients into a pot.

“Are you okay? Is Hyeongbu okay? What happened?” Momo shot out.

“I’m fine, Tzuyu is sick though. All I remember was that I was about to leave the lecture when it started thundering outside. I stayed inside the room, not wanting to leave. I don’t know how long I was there but Tzuyu came in later, calling out my name and she calmed me down.” Sana explained, stirring the pot occasionally.

“Hyeongbu called me when I suppose you got home, asking if she could have you stay with her. It was so cute! Sana, you’re lucky to have such an amazing fiancée. I can’t believe she even rushed to you when she saw the weather.” Momo complimented.

Sana blushed at Momo’s words simply because she thought the same thing. Tzuyu was already such an important part of her life. Hell, she’d even gotten more sick because of the rain. Her attempts at soothing her yesterday were still replaying in her mind. She was selfless for sure, not caring about her own health.

“So what are you doing now?” Momo asked.

“Just making soup for Tzuyu. She’s asleep.” Sana replied, tasting some of her soup.

“Aw, I’ll leave it to you then. I’ll tell Mum and Dad. Take care Sana, I'll talk to you later.” Momo said, hanging up the phone.

She also messaged Tzuyu's sister, telling her about the sickness and she advised Sana to keep Tzuyu at home instead of letting her come to work instead.

Sana plated the food, setting it on a tray and adding a glass of water as well. She carried it carefully and quietly, opening the room door and setting the tray on the bedside cabinet.

“Tzuyu, wake up.” Sana tried, pushing the hair off Tzuyu’s forehead that had stuck from the sweat.

Tzuyu immediately woke up, rubbing her eyes as they finally focussed on the sight before her. Sana was sitting on the bed, looking at her with worried eyes. Tzuyu gave her a small smile, an attempt at saying she was fine.

“What’s that nice smell?” Tzuyu struggled to say, voice extremely hoarse.

“Have some water first.” Sana suggested, handing the glass of water first. Tzuyu was grateful for it, felt like it was on fire. She downed the whole glass in one go, smiling at a chuckling Sana. She was about to reach for the soup when Sana swatted her hands away.

“I’ll feed you. Tzuyu, next time, don’t be so rash with your decisions. You were already sick and now you’re even more sick.” Sana snickered at Tzuyu’s pout.

“I’ll be more thoughtful next time.” Tzuyu smiled sneakily, earning a glare from Sana. It faded when Tzuyu turned her head to the side to sneeze.

“If you weren’t sick, I would’ve hit you.” Sana scolded, scooping a spoonful of the soup, blowing on it before feeding Tzuyu.

Tzuyu was thinking that maybe getting sick often was a good thing if she was treated like the way she was now; other than the threats of abuse. She smiled as she ate each bite, not surprised by the great taste of Sana’s cooking. Tzuyu should probably drop Sana off at her university again so she could pick up her car but she knew Sana wouldn’t let her.

“Sana, I need to drop you at the university right? So you can pick up your car?” Tzuyu tried as she ate the last spoonful of Sana’s soup.

“You’re not dropping me anywhere. You need to rest.” Sana scolded.

“I’m feeling better though. I also need to go in to work.” Tzuyu reasoned.

“I already talked to your sister about letting you stay home and she said it’s fine.” Sana scoffed.

“W-what? But who’s going to drop you there?” Tzuyu asked.

“Who’s going to take care of you? I’ll stay here and take care of you until you get better.” Sana answered.

“B-but–” Tzuyu tried, getting cut off by Sana.

“No buts. It’s already been organised. You’re stuck with me for the rest of the day.” Sana smirked teasingly.

“I don’t even mind that she’s staying anyway. I’m very much happy instead.” Tzuyu muttered to herself, out of Sana’s earshot.

“Hmm?” Sana asked.

“Nothing.” Tzuyu replied, smiling.

“Get some rest.” Sana demanded.

“Yes Ma’am.” Tzuyu saluted again, chuckling. She was looking forward to their day together.


A/N: I don't usually doubt my stories but for some reason I'm really doubting this one.

I feel like I chose a really bad plot.

I don't think the plot is developing well at all.

I still hope you guys like it though.....

- stupid author