Seat Mates

It Will All Be Alright

                Jinyoung woke up and looked at the time, it was 6:00 am, he had two hours until his first class. His schedule started at 8 am and end at 1pm, he had five classes. AP Calculus II, AP Korean Literature, AP English, Physical Education, and AP Physics C; all in that order.  Jinyoung got up and heard a knock on the door. He opened the door and was greeted with 10 large boxes, “Order for Park Jinyoung” “ah yes, that would be me” “Sign here, Okay.” “Thank you.” And the delivery guy left, Jinyoung sighed at the sight of all the boxes.  “I know, I told Bambam he could order what he wanted, but I didn’t think he would order much”. Jinyoung had worked since he was in middle school to high school, when the brothers had been in Busan and saved up a lot of money. He had figured when had turned of age he’d have to leave the orphanage and would need money for a down payment for a place, also extra cash just in case he couldn’t find a better paying job to support him and Bambam. He saved up quite a lot of money and opened up a bank account, when he was accepted to JYP Prep, JYP was aware that they boy would need a job. So he offered Jinyoung a Job in the library, which paid better than Jinyoung old job back in Busan. Though Jinyoung had said he would need a second job also and JYP has seen his grades and offered the boy a Position as a tutor for any student that need tutoring. The tuition of the school that the students paid for every term included a specific amount of money for tutoring if the kid needed it. So every student Jinyoung would tutor would have money allocated from their tuition for him, which he would receive every term as long as he is their tutor, per kid he tutored. Which was a relief for the boy because it paid him way more than he need to provide for himself and Bambam. Knowing this information before coming to the school, Jinyoung allowed Bambam to order new clothes for both of them and things they may need for their dorm, with the money he had saved up till now. Seeing as with his new jobs they will have enough money to live comfortably.

                Jinyoung decide to start sorting out and separating his and Bambam’s things, and placed Bambam’s things into their own boxes. Jinyoung felt a sweat drop at sighting the clothes the younger had bought from him, they were quite stylish and different from Jinyoung’s plain style, but they were nice. He couldn’t complain, especially not when he saw what the younger had ordered for himself, “seriously, Bammie pink shoes” Jinyoung shook his head, glad the younger got him normal clothes. Bambam had ordered pots and pans, seeing as the dorms came with a kitchen but he only order one set, seeing as they both thought they would be rooming together. Jinyoung kept the kitchen things for himself seeing as Bambam didn’t cook at all. Jinyoung finally finished separating everything and packing all of Bambam’s things into boxes. It was now 6:30am and Jinyoung decide to shower before his roommate woke up. He didn’t want to clash with his roommate’s bathroom time, seeing how the other already didn’t seem too happy with him. Jinyoung came out and got dress, he decided to wear some of his new clothes. He wore some light denim colored, ripped skinny jeans; with a printed t-shirt and styled his hair up.  It was now 6:45am he went out and bought some breakfast seeing as he had yet to get groceries. He came back to his dorm and his roommate still seem to be asleep, so he quietly gathered Bambam’s boxes and carried them out. He walked down the corridors to Bambam and Yugyeom’s dorm. He knocked, after some shuffling from inside the room the door opened, revealing a sleepy Yugyeom with messy hair and hazy eyes. The Younger was also in the process of brushing his teeth, so he had toothpaste suds around his mouth with a toothbrush sticking out. Yugyeom still half asleep, took a minute to recognize who was at the door and noticed all the boxes in the older one’s hands. Yugyeom took a few boxes helping Jinyoung and put them aside before returning to the bathroom to finish up brushing his teeth. When Yugyeom came back out, he saw Jinyoung setting breakfast on the table. Yugyeom walked up to the older and back hugged him, snuggling his face into the older one’s neck. Jinyoung was startled as first, but relaxed and the allowed the younger to take refuge in his warmth.

                “I’m sorry, I am still a bit tired and Bambam told me you liked skinship. I hope you don’t mind.” Yugyeom mumble in Jinyoung’s neck. Jinyoung chuckled, the boy’s words sounded sincere, but he made no movement to indicate he would move if the elder was uncomfortable. “Ah! No worries, I do like skinship. Snuggle me till your heart’s content” Jinyoung said warmly finding the boys actions cute, Yugyeom snuggled into Jinyoung’s body some more after getting confirmation that he is allowed to continue. “Bambam was right! You are comfortable, like a life sized teddy bear.” Jinyoung chuckled “Speaking of Bambam, where is he?” “oh were up late last night talking and getting to know each other. I felt bad for keeping him up late with all my questions, so I let him sleep in a little.” “oh okay, I got you guys breakfast. So sit down and eat and I’ll go wake up Bambam” Yugyeom reluctantly detached himself from Jinyoung and sat down, and ate his breakfast as Jinyoung instructed. Jinyoung walked to Bambam’s room, he walked up to the younger’s bed and the younger’s face. “Bammie wake up, you wouldn’t want to be late on you first day of class.” Jinyoung spoke in a soft, almost melodic voice. Bambam’s eyes fluttered open and he rubbed his eyes a couple of times before looking at his hyung. “Morning hyung.” Bambam said before attaching onto Jinyoung’s side, Jinyoung rubbed his back a couple of times before ushering him to get up and go into the bathroom and wash up.  Bambam got washed up and joined the other two at the table. “So Bammie, Gyeom Gyeom-ah. When do you guys start class?” “Gyeom Gyeom-ah?” the two of them questioned, “what it is cute, it fits Yugyeom- ah. Don’t you like it?” Jinyoung pouted slightly. “ani, It’s fine hyung I like it” Yugyeom said giving into the elder’s pout, he didn’t want to be known as cute, but if his hyung called him it he didn’t mind. “oh really?! Gyeom Gyeom-ah!” Bambam said teasing the other, Yugyeom face fell flat “Yah! You can’t call me that Bammie” Yugyeom spat back teasing the other. Bambam flushed, “Yah! Only hyung can call me that, brat!” “Same goes to you, cry baby!”  and the two started bickering back and forth. Jinyoung was waiting for an answer for his question, but the two were too engaged in bickering. “hyung” they both whined for Jinyoung to take their side, Jinyoung just look at them back. “I have to get to class now, see you guys later it almost 8\” “whhatttt?” “omg we’re gonna be late because of you!” they yelled frantically, rushing around to get ready, not forgetting to throw one last insult at each other. “Bammie I brought your stuff, it came this morning. Have a good day you two, I’m leaving now.” The two stopped rushing around and came to say bye to their hyung. “Bye, hyung thanks for bring my stuff.” Bambam said and hugged Jinyoung and the elder kissed his forehead. “Bye Junior hyung! Thanks for breakfast!” Yugyeom said hugging Jinyoung bye and also receiving a kiss on the forehead. Jinyoung left and soon he heard the two bickering again, Jinyoung shook his head and walked to class.

                Mark woke up at 7am and walked out his room, he didn’t see any sight of his new roommate. Not that he cared, he walked in the bathroom and brushed his teeth and showered. Mark got ready, he wore a pair of grey skinny jeans and a mid-sleeve black shirt with a leather cross in the front and style his hair in a comb over. Mark looked at the time, 7:40 am “! I woke up late” he muttered to himself. “I guess no time for food.” He sighed and got ready to leave, when he heard rapid banging at his door and a loud smack. Mark rolled his eyes and went to open the door, “Jackson, Jaebum.” “Hey buddy! How did you know it was me? Omo we have telepathy” Jackson latched onto Mark, only to get smacked again by Jaebum. “Owww! Stop hitting me JB!” “Stop acting stupid. Of course Mark knows it’s you, you do every morning. I bet the whole Section A dorms know it’s you, with all the damn noise you make!” “Mark, tell JB stop being a grumpy grandpa!” “What?! Grandpa?” said Jaebum with a vein popping out, earning Jackson another smack to the head. “Mark! I miss you! JB is too abusive! Why did we have to get separated as roomies? Mark you don’t have a roommate, can’t I just stay with you? Don’t you miss me?” “No.” Mark said blankly, just as Mark was going to continue Jackson started his dramatics, “what?! Mark we’re best friends. How could you say that?” Jackson said making sad puppy eyes to the elder. Before Mark could tell Jackson to shut up and stop making that disgusting face, that wasn’t what he meant. Jaebum interrupted him, “Hey Mark who is Junior?” “What are you talking about?” Jackson asked and Mark just raise a questioning look to Jaebum. “The paper says “hey! I am sorry we got off on the wrong foot- Junior” and there is a bag with breakfast. Oh look it is even your favorite, a B&E sandwich with cheese.” “What? Mark you made other friends, friends you get you breakfast? How could you not tell us?” “He is not my friend. He is my new roommate.” “WHAT? You got a roommate?” Jackson yelled “why did you tell us? When can we meet them?” Jaebum question calmly. “I was trying to tell you, when this idiot started making that disgusting face” “Mark! How could you---“was all Jackson got out be for getting hit by Jaebum again. “Yah! Stop that JB, I’m losing brain cells.” “You can’t lose what you don’t have. Plus, it’s your own fault, you keep making things more difficult with your extra-ness. Let Mark speak!” Jackson just pouted. “I do not intend to introduce you guys; I’m not looking to being friends with him. Now, let’s go be for we’re late.” Jaebum just shook his head that was a typical Mark reply, but followed the boy. “that’s mean Mark, and your roommate is nice enough to get you food. Hey, Mark I didn’t get to eat breakfast because Jaebum was being all grumpy and didn’t wake me up and he ate without me. If you not gonna eat this, can I have it?” Jackson said picking up the bag. Mark just slapped his hand and took the bag and left, ignoring Jackson’s whining on how Mark didn’t wanna be the guy’s friend, so he shouldn’t get to eat the food. However, Jackson’s protests when unheard and Mark ate the sandwich as they walked to class.

                Jackson only had one class with Jaebum and two with Mark, and none of those shared classes were Aps, so he left the two as they made their way to AP Calculus II. Jaebum was a Kingka like Mark and Jackson, but he was also the school’s number one student. Since the school ran at an accelerated rate, they were graded on a 5.0 G.P. A scale. Jaebum had a 4.85 G.P. A, while Mark was more average, he didn’t really try. But since he didn’t want to give Nichkhun problems when he entered the school, he paid minimal attention in class and sleep the rest, but he still managed to get a 4.4 G.P.A. Which lands him in AP classes, without him having to make much of an effort. The two got to class and sat down, Jaebum sat in the front and Mark sat at the back of the room. Mark didn’t have a seat mate because everyone knew better than to sit next to him, after Mark would copy the necessary notes he would go to sleep. And even the mere presence of someone breathing next to him annoyed him. No one not even his admirers had the nerve to sit next to him. Usually, Mark would sleep the majority of the class and Jaebum would wake him up. Not even the teachers bother with him, they were slightly scared of him also and he passed everything they gave him. So they have no legitimate reason to tell him to pay attention. That’s how the rest of his classes went, except for Phys ed but that’s because he has to move in the class. Mark was also the captain of the Basketball team and his Phys ed teacher was his basketball coach’s friend and also the soccer team’s coach, and that man really hated lazy people.

                The teacher walked in and told the class they have a new student, to treat him well. Everyone started muttering excitedly, apparently there were rumors floating around about a new hot student, even hotter than Mark, someone would say. Jaebum got interested and wondered if it was Mark new roommate. Mark didn’t really care; He was pretty sure it was Junior. Especially after hearing people talk about how hot the student was. Mark would not say that Junior was hot, but the boy was extremely pretty, not that Mark would admit it to anyone. “come in” they heard the teacher say and then the door shifted open. Mark just put his head on the table and closed his eyes.  The boy walked in, “introduce yourself to the class” “Hello, my name is Park Junior. It is a pleasure to meet you all, I hope we can all be friends. Please look upon me kindly.” Junior said sweetly and flashed the class a bright smile and the whole class swooned, even the teacher was awe stricken. Everyone was silently gazing o at Jinyoung, Jinyoung felt uncomfortable after a while and turned to the teacher, “um maybe I sit down now?”. The teacher blushed at the fact that she had fangirled over her own student and cleared . “Oh yes! Of course, now let me see. It looks like the only seat we have is next to Mark.” Jinyoung spotted the open seat and sat down next to the boy, and everyone gasped muttering how he was sitting next to the ice prince. Jinyoung turned to the boy, “Hi I’m Junior, nice to meet you.” And everyone stopped even the teacher, no bothered Mark, everyone stared waiting to see what would happen. Mark didn’t budge and the teacher let out a sigh of relief, “Junior-shii, that is Mark Tuan. Don’t bother, he doesn’t really interact well with others.” The teacher replied for Mark, Jinyoung was a bit baffled but he didn’t really like the tone the teacher used when speaking about this Mark guy. However, the teacher just turned and started her lesson. Jinyoung sighed and looked at Mark, the boy was probably asleep, so Jinyoung didn’t bother him and took his notes down. Jinyoung noticed the guys bag opened and thought maybe he should help the guy out, so he took the notebook from Mark’s bag and copied down the notes for him. The bell rang and Jinyoung packed up and left Mark’s notebook beside the boy with a sticky note inside.

                Jinyoung got up and left without word, Jaebum got up and went over to Mark and shook the boy. “Come on it’s time to leave” and Jaebum slammed his books on the table jolting the other awake. Mark glared irritated, but got up “oh come on, you know your just as bad as Jackson to wake up!” Jaebum said shrugging at the glare, Mark ignored him and started to walk away. “hey, wait your leaving your notebook!” Jaebum said picking up Mark’s notebook and handing it to him. Mark took the notebook, but was confused he didn’t remember taking it out. Jaebum left Mark and he didn’t have the same next class, so Mark would have to deal with Jackson rambling in Korean Literature. That was the only class Mark did have in AP, seeing as his Korean isn’t the best. Mark noticed a baby blue post-it in his notebook and he was sure he didn’t put that there. He turns to the page with the post-it and saw today’s notes written in extremely neat hangul, the post read “Hey, you must be really tired. So I figured I’d copy the notes down for you. I’m your new seat mate Junior. I hope we can be friends! J” Mark shook his head, “oh great another Jackson”. With that in mind Mark went off to his next class.

                Jaebum was in his next class AP Korean Literature, thinking about Mark’s new roommate. “wow! Mark forgot to mention his roommate had the face of a god and not mention a smile of an angel” Jaebum thought. The teacher if his next class walked in and introduce there was a new student. Jaebum looked up and saw the same angelic face walking towards him. The boy introduced himself again and was asking Jaebum a question. Jaebum shook his head, “wait a minute he is talking to me!” Jaebum thought, Jaebum was knocked out of his trance “I’m sorry, what did you say?” Junior giggled at Jaebum’s dazed face, and Jaebum seriously thought he would die because it was the most adorable thing he had ever witnessed. “I said, Hi, I’m junior! I think we have calculus together. May I sit here?” Jaebum was once again stunned and was taking too long to answer, not realizing the whole class was looking at the two, mainly Junior. “Jaebum-shii, stop looking like a love-struck girl and move your bag, so Junior-shii could sit and I could get on with my lesson” their teacher said loudly. Jaebum was embarrassed and quickly moved his things for Jinyoung to sit, while the whole classed laughed at the teacher’s words. “I’m sorry about that” Jaebum apologized to the boy, “No worries, I’m starting to notice people here love to stare a lot” Jaebum chuckled at the boy’s joke. “Well, I’m sure that happens a lot to you, seeing as you belong in vogue magazine.” Jinyoung blushed at the compliment, then scoffed and replied, “yeah you would know, you look like you belong on a men’s health cover. Jaebum blushed he was usually complimented daily by his admires, but somehow it felt different coming from Jinyoung. “Well, I’m flattered you think so. It’s not often I get an angel telling me such things” Jinyoung laughed at Jaebum cheesiness, “I can see why now with all the grease dripping off you, does that line ever work for you?” Junior said back starting banter with the other. “I don’t know, it’s first time meeting an angel” Jinyoung smiled shaking his head holding in his laughter, “I’m not angel” “Oh well I’m sorry. How about a prince, Prince Junior? I think it fits you well” Jaebum said smirking at the other. Jinyoung rolled his eyes, “and I can be your knight in shining amour” Jaebum said proudly. “I think you’d fit better as my jester than a knight” Jinyoung said laughing after seeing Jaebum’s pouting face. “well as long as I can make my prince smile” Jaebum said defeated by Jinyoung quick remark, Junior just smiled at the other. They had some playful banter through the rest of class and exchanging numbers. Before heading off to their next classes, which to Jaebum’s disappointment, wasn’t the same.

                Mark made it to his next class and was immediately attacked by Jackson. Unlike in his other classes, he had a seat mate here. That was mainly because Jackson is the only one stupid enough to annoy Mark. Mark was already used to Jackson’s eccentric personality, as much as he tried to ignore the younger it didn’t work. Jackson was like a leech that never left Mark alone, Mark gave up trying to get rid of the other. Jackson was too persistent and didn’t give up easily on Mark like everyone else did, which kind of stuck with Mark. Jackson and Jaebum were the only one’s willingly to deal with Mark long enough to get him to speak with them. Mark would never admit it to them, but he did consider them good friends, or as close as it gets for him. He allowed them to hang out with him and not ignore them like he does with everyone else.  “Hey buddy, I missed you!” Jackson yelled, Mark just looked at him blankly and shoved Jackson off him. “Aww! Don’t be like that! Anyways there are rumors going around about a hot new student named Junior and people are even saying he is hotter than you. Isn’t that funny he has the same name as your new roommate.” Mark just look at Jackson like he was stupid, which in all honestly he was. “He is my roommate” Mark said flatly. The teacher told Jackson he was too loud and silenced him, Jackson pouted and paid attention to the lecture. The bell rang and the class was dismissed, “You didn’t tell me he was hot. Man why are you holding out on me, you want him to yourself. How sneaky!” Jackson said jokingly. Mark rolled his eyes, “That because he is not hot, just extremely pretty.” Mark thought, “What? I was just joking about you liking him the dude.” Jackson said shocked Mark actually thought someone was attractive, Mark mentally hit himself. He didn’t mean to say that out loud, especially not to Jackson. “Shut up, you idiot. I’m not blind, I notice if people are attractive or not. I just don’t really care, but I’m not going to lie about the obvious.” Mark said. “wow! I’m surprised though. For you to actually admit someone is good looking, must mean this guy is like really good looking. Seeing as you see someone as wild and y as me every day and not even address it.” Mark rolled his eyes again, “Please, Jaebum is better looking than you.” Mark said bored like, he was stating a fact. “Gaspppppp! Mark I can’t believe you think that old grandpa is hotter than” **SMACK** “OWW! WHAT THE” “What are you going on about now?” Jaebum said after smacking Jackson for calling him a grandpa. “We were talking about how Mark didn’t tell me his roommate was hot, and Mark was like that because “he is not hot, just extremely pretty”. I was like, Wow! This guy must be really good looking for Mark to say that seeing as he is with me all day, and he never mention my devilishly good visuals. That’s when Mark said you’re better looking than me, can you believe that?” Jackson said offended. “Wow! Really even Mark admits Junior’s is good looking. He honestly is though and really nice, I sit with him in AP Korean Lit. I just exchanged numbers with him” “What, you too JB! I can’t believe you gave him your number. That’s it no fair, I wanna meet him too.” Jackson complained and went on about how he going to camp out in Mark’s room till he meets this guy. Mark and Jaebum ignored him, “So you think I’m good looking” Jaebum said smirking to Mark. “That’s it I take back what I said about them being my friends, they are both idiots” Mark thought before glaring at Jaebum one last time and walking off to his next class.

Mark was late thanks to Jackson and Jaebum, everyone was already in class and seated. “Thanks for joining us Mr. Tuan” Mark’s teacher said as he walked in, Mark headed to is seat only to find some in the seat next to his. The boy lifted his head up and Mark rolled his eyes, and thought “you’ve got to be kidding me?” The boy’s eyes widen and look at Mark shocked, “You’re Mark?” the guy said. Mark stared at the guy, he looked kind of cute looking a baffled, like a puppy. Then he pouting and Mark didn’t realize he was staring at the boy with a slight smile. “Mr. Tuan you can stare at Mr. Park all you want on your own time.” The teacher said causing Junior to blush and Mark to snap of his trance and sit down. The whole class start muttering how that was the first time Mark ever paid attention to someone without glaring at them or kicking them out from next to him. Also that was the first he even remotely smiled. Mark heard all the chatter and didn’t realized he had smiled at the boy during his trance, he immediately glared at all the students shutting them up before putting his head down for the rest of the class.


Author Comment

Finally Jinyoung knows Mark's name. 

Early update today.