Where Do We Go From Here

It Will All Be Alright

 

    When Wooyoung woke up this morning he definitely didn’t expect to see Nichkhun. Wooyoung had come to terms with the fact that he was never going to see the elder ever again he even made sure of it by moving to Busan. However, out of all the possibilities he, could think of this was not the one, especially now. There was a big family in front of the two of them and Wooyoung doesn’t recognize them, he knows it is neither Nichkhun’s nor Victoria’s family so he is confused. Although looking at Nichkhun’s face, he is most definitely feeling the same way. It was funny after all those years of convincing himself he didn’t care about Nichkhun and that he got over the older boy, Wooyoung still found easy to read the older. Nichkhun looked shocked and a bit scared but Wooyoung didn’t understand why the family looked happy to see the other boy and they seemed very sweet. However, Wooyoung felt a very feeling in the pit of his stomach. It was a slow burning sensation and the tightening in his chest, it was something that always happened when he was younger. He knew what it was whenever Nichkhun was upset or when there was something wrong with the Nichkhun. Wooyoung didn’t like the look the older face but he also didn’t like the fact that he still felt the need to fix it.

 

     Nichkhun seemed incapable of speaking just like Wooyoung was moments ago, “Hello, nice to, meet you. I am Jang Wooyoung.” Wooyoung walking over to the Family and shaking hands with Mr. Tuan and getting a little startled by the hug he got from Mrs. Tuan. “Nice to meet! It good to see Nichkhun found himself a boyfriend. I’m glad he finally took my advice to stop being a workaholic and got out there. Here I thought he was always going to be single.” Mr. Tuan said smiling. Wooyoung blushed and was startled at Mr. Tuan’s word and Mrs. Tuan came up and held Wooyoung’s face. “You pick a very good person Nichkhun he is very handsome and beautiful at the same time.” Wooyoung face was completely red at and he didn’t know what to say. Nichkhun finally snapped out of his stupor. No, Mr. and Mrs. Tuan--” “Nichkhun you what have I told about the formalities” Mr.Tuan reprimanded lightly. “Sorry Papa and Mama Tuan, but you are mistaken Wooyoung is not my boyfriend.” “You don’t have to lie to us about it Nichkhun. You know we are liberal and we happy when you came out to us. Plus we saw the way you two were staring at each other.” Nichkhun blushed, “That’s not what I mean, Wooyoung-ah is an old friend I haven’t seen him since I left to come to LA, that is why we were looking at each other like that.” Nichkhun said uncomfortably as Mr. Tuan apologized for jumping to conclusions. However, Mrs. Tuan let go off Wooyoung and asked, “but you like our Nichkhun right I think you too would make a lovely couple, you care about him don’t you.” She said knowingly to the red faced boy.

 

   Nichkhun was stuck between extreme mortification and guilt, thankfully Papa Tuan stepped in to control his wife’s bluntness. “Sweety, you can’t just set up people with Nichkhun just because you want him to stop working so hard and having a relationship.” Which caused his wife to frown, “I’m not just imposing on Wooyoung, he seems to care about Nichkhun aren’t I right?” She said to the younger. Wooyoung was still red and feeling even more uncomfortable because she seemed to see right through him. The way that she was looking at him was more knowingly than her fishing around blindly. Nichkhun stepped in, “I haven’t seen him 8 years, it must be uncomfortable with all this question and we haven’t kept in contact-” “Yes, I care for him I am his best friend- I mean-I was his best friend back then.” Wooyoung said calmly to Mama Tuan but she saw his sad eyes and understood there was more to their story and she finally let it go because she saw to pain in Wooyoung’s eyes as he said they used to be best friends. Nichkhun’s heart dropped at those words Wooyoung still cared but when he heard the younger said they used to be best friends. He was hit with reality he hurt the younger but he was still the same Wooyoung he knew that cared about him and Nichkhun was still the that was a coward that hurt his best friend.

 

   However, while Mama Tuan backed off the topic Papa Tuan wasn’t as intuitive and was now curious about why they have seen each other in 8 years if Nichkhun came back 3 years ago. “But why haven’t you two seen each other if Nichkhun came back to Korea?” Wooyoung and Nichkhun flinched at the question that brings up bitter memories for both boys. “I moved after out of Seoul after Nichkhun left, it is my fault I'm not good at keeping up with people so I lost contact with our mutual friend after that and never ended up realizing, Nichkhun came back to Korea,” Wooyoung said covering for Nichkhun, the younger but a couple of things together and figured out that Papa Tuan was the older’s boss and he didn’t really want to make him think badly of Nichkhun. Regardless of what happened between them he always wanted the elder to be happy. Nichkhun felt even more like an because Wooyoung was literally angel and the boy still looked out for him like before even after he was an . “Actually, before I left I was an idiot who couldn’t admit to his best friend of since birth that he was gay and my girlfriend at the time said that I was in love with my best friend. So she dumps me because she said she can’t stay in a relationship knowing that you I loved someone else. She said she couldn’t hold on to me even though I didn’t know who I was in love with because she couldn’t hurt some as nice and sweet as Wooyoung. I blamed Wooyoung and told him that we couldn’t be friends anymore because I had to save my relationship followed my girlfriend to LA. That when she told me I was an idiot and for hurt an angel like Wooyoung and she was right.”  The Tuan family all looked at the two and realized there was a lot of history between the two.

 

   Wooyoung looked at Nichkhun and Nichkhun looked sadly at the boy, he could never tell the younger how sorry he was because hurt Wooyoung was the biggest regret he ever had in his life. Wooyoung broke the awkward silence, “Fei-ah please check them in.” Wooyoung said a call over one of his employee’s who used to be a kid in his orphanage. “Of course Mr. Jang,” Wooyoung sighed “Fei, I know I can’t stop the other from being formal with me but you know you don’t have too.” Fei sighed and pouted, “But oppa! You the boss how can I call you so casually.” “Because it is uncomfortable to be called Mr.Jang.” Wooyoung also pouted and cue the fangirling of his employees. Fei shook her head, “Oppa, serious how can you run the Orphanage and yet be so childish” Wooyoung smiled, “That’s what qualifies me!” Fei scoffed, “Please, I'm surprised you still manage I heard Jinyoung-ah was old enough to leave. How do you manage without him?” “Excuse I manage just fine it just me heart that hurts with him and Bammie gone. Which is exactly why I am here.” Wooyoung said he actually thankful for Fei taking his mind off the mess behind him. Fei checked them in and Wooyoung to their room, everyone dropped the serious convo from before but it was still wearing in both Nichkhun’s and Jinyoung’s mind. “Thanks, Fei”

   

   “I guess I’ll just let you guys get settled in, If you need again just tell the front desk you are friends of mine but I give them a heads up anyway so they should know,” Wooyoung said getting ready to leave them. Mama and Papa Tuan and the kids thank him. Wooyoung stopped for a second and turned around, “That applies to you too,” Wooyoung said softly to Nichkhun his voice and eyes holding me emotion than he wanted to show to the older. Nichkhun looked up at the younger and saw the same adorable blush the younger used to make when they were kids. Wooyoung turned away quickly because the small smile on Nichkhun’s face so shouldn’t be making him feel so accomplished and warm. “You know it going to take a while for us in with everyone and especially the girls. We’d hate for you to just wait around for us Nichkhun, maybe you can catch up with Wooyoung and me up with us later.” Papa Tuan said he has never seen Nichkhun look at someone the way he looks at Wooyoung. “Wooyoung probably has a lot of things to he has to especially since he is the boss of this hotel.” Nichkhun thankful for Papa Tuan’s effort but he didn’t want to make Wooyoung uncomfortable just because he really missed the younger. “Why not ask him? We’d really hate to make Nichkhun wait around, it has been a while since you and Nichkhun have talked. If you have time, you two can catch up.” Mama Tuan said carefully, but Wooyoung knew what she meant was if he wanted to catch up with the older.


    

   Wooyung thought about it, did he want to catch up with Nichkhun, the older did just admit he was in love with him and gay. That was a lot to process after 8 years of trying to get over the older, who he had loved for 10 years previously. Nichkhun hurt him but that was also his fault because he made it so Nichkhun’s happiness was more important and put himself in the position to get hurt. The smart thing was to walk away now and let go before he got hurt more but Wooyoung was stupid and that pained, hopeful looking on Nichkhun’s face made him want to fix whatever was causing it. Nichkhun was going to tell the younger it was okay, but Wooyoung beat him to it. “I’m am free now and I still have time before the festival. You said your dongsaeng was friends with Jinyoung-ah right?” Nichkhun smiled instantly thankful for the chance the younger was giving him to apologize and make amends with their relationship. “Yeah he and Mark are roommates, I’m really thankful for him looking after him. He reminds me of you always putting everyone first.” Nichkhun said causing the other blushes, “He is like that he can always see the good in people, even if they can’t see it himself.” Wooyoung said ignoring what the elder said about him. “I know I'm very happy Mark met him he has been helping Mark come out his shell.” This time what Nichkhun said sparked interest with all the Tuans. “Wait your brother is Mark’s roommate!” Tammy asked excited, “I really want to meet him is the only person Mark has ever talked about except other than Jackson and Jaebum. He the only person Mark has every tried to be friends with but Mark won’t even send me a picture of him.” Tammy said pouted.

 

“Actually Jinyoung and his brother used to live in the orphanage I own and Jinyoung recently became legal so he gained guardianship over his brother. They just happened to be the two I've bonded with the most, they have been in my care since Jinyoung was four and his brother was 1.” Wooyung explained the two situations and the Tuan family were heartbroken from here the two boy story. “I have alway admire Jinyoung and Bambam they are so strong. I looked after them a lot and they are my little dongsaengs, I wanted them to be here for them on family week. Jinyoung is always strong for his little brother I wanted to make sure they had some there for them.” Wooyoung said sadly thinking about the boys. “Maybe we can all go together to the festival we’d love to meet Jinyoung especially since he helped my brother be more sociable,” Tammy said excited and Wooyoung just smiled nodding, the Tuans left to get ready excited now that they were going to meet a friend that Mark tried to make. Wooyoung turned facing Nichkhun, “Well then should we go get some coffee, the cafe is amazing.” Nichkhun smiled at how easily Wooyoung can speak to him despite the fact that Wooyoung probably didn’t want to. The step into cafe and Wooyoung went an order, “Can I have a mocha frappe and an iced green tea latte?” and the cashier nervously took the order at seeing the boss in the building. Wooyoung never actually came to the building, he only came during the building process, so no employee actually saw him. Everyone was nervous and starstruck at the same time, no realized how handsome and cute their boss was so it made them even more nervous around him.

 

Nichkhun watched as Wooyoung order their drinks and how his employees reacted to the younger boy. Wooyoung smiled and thank the workers as they handed him his drink. The workers were freaking out/fangirling and Wooyoung just bowed and thanked him for their hard work and Nichkhun could have sworn their eyes had hearts in them. Wooyoung came back, “One Mocha Frappe for you and one Iced Green Tea Latte for me,” Wooyoung smiled down as he gave NIchkhun the cup and proceeded to sit.  Nichkhun looked at the cup, “Do you not like Mocha Frappes anymore? I can get you something else if you want?” Nichkhun smiled, still as considerate as always, “No, it’s not that. It is just that I’m surprised that you still remembered my favorite drink.” Nichkhun said which cause the younger to shift uncomfortably a little, “I’ve known you for a large majority of my life hyung, we have been bes--were best friends since I born till high school, I can’t forget you that easily. Trust me I've tried really hard too.” Wooyoung said to the other but he whispered the last part to himself. However, Nichkhun heard it and he did know which hurt him more the little comment under the Younger's breath or the fact that Wooyoung was so active in correcting himself, whenever he said they were best friends. “Wooyoung-ah” Nichkhun called out looking straight at the younger with a serious face. Wooyoung looked up and was a bit taken aback at the elder’s face, Nichkhun grabbed his hands and stared into his eyes.  

 

“I am so extremely sorry for being an . I am your hyung and it has always been you looking out for me and caring for me. You are the biggest regret I've made in my life, saying those things to you before I left Korea was selfish. I was scared of what Victoria said back them about me not really love her because I knew it was true. It has always been true, I’ve been in love with you since the day you were born. You were always my favorite person since the day you were born. Our moms always used to tease me because I would cry every time I had to leave you and you would always reach out to me to me to stop me from cry. Even as infants you were always taking care me, I didn’t know it back then but I've always needed you.”

 

“I’ve love you back then and every day since to this very day. I’ve alway felt it but I would never question it because it was always us two and you were always there for me. I never had to address my feelings for you because that was the only thing that made sense to me. Until I started dating Victoria and in the beginning, it was fine but then you started pulling away. It wasn’t like you disappeared on me but you suddenly stopped doing the things that you’ve always done for me. I should have been happy when I dated Victoria but it was bittersweet because I was losing you. You used to take care of me was directed toward Taecyeon after I started dating Victoria. I was jealous and Victoria used to get into arguments with me about if you had feelings for Taecyeon I should be supportive of them just like you support my relationship.“

 

“However, I couldn’t be supportive of your feelings, it gave me a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach. At first, I thought it was because you liked someone and didn't even tell me about. I couldn’t wrap my head around being jealous over Taecyeon because I never have to share your attention with anyone. Jealousy wasn’t an emotion I was familiar with at the time, especially when it came to you. I was stupid, scared, and immature at the time. I know I messed up and it has been years since then but I did try to contact you when I came back to Korea but none of the guys had known where you were. That you left after graduation and they lost contact with you.  When I came to enroll Mark in JYP I saw your picture on the wall and it said you were in Europe. I thought that I had lost any chance in seeing you again and apologizing to you.“

 

“I’m sincerely sorry for hurting you, it was wrong of me and you are the last person ever that deserves to be hurt. I don’t expect you reciprocate my feeling I knew a long time ago that if I even had a chance with you, to begin with, I had lost the day I walked out on our friendship. I know it is selfish but even if I can’t have you in my life as more than a friend, I still want you in my life. You were my best friend and till this day you are the only person who can occupy that spot for me. It is wrong for me to ask but can we be friends again. I want to say best friends again, but I know I lost that title and I most definitely must’ve been replaced already. I can’t try to get you back in my life now, I’ve always need you and these past years have been a lot of growing up on my part, but I'm still the selfish person who has always need you.” Nichkhun said looking so lost and desperate as he begged the younger, Wooyoung was not expecting that to say the least.  However, he wasn’t expecting to run into Nichkhun after all these years either, so to say today wasn’t going like he expected would be an understatement.

 

Wooyoung didn’t know what he felt he hadn’t expected Nichkhun to bring this up now and he would much rather not have to talk about this, not now and not ever. However, there goes Nichkhun doing things how he wanted and making Wooyoung do things he rather not. Wooyoung took a deep breath to himself from nervousness and anger. “I honestly don’t know what to say, they say you're supposed to get wiser with age and yet you seem to be as oblivious as ever. You don’t expect me to reciprocate your

Feelings? Are you seriously trying to piss me off right now?  It has always been you for me, Taecyeon really? There was never any room for anyone else in my heart, since the day we met. It was always you!”

 

“I stopped being by your side because it was you who went out and decided that I wasn’t enough for you anymore. So I backed off because I was your best friends and Victoria was your love, a best friend supports. You decide that we couldn’t be best friends anymore because your relationship was more important and I didn’t oppose because he made you happy. I left after graduation because I knew when you talked to the others and not to me that I needed to stop. However, It wasn’t so easy for me to just stop loving you and seeing the guys talk about you hurt me. You contacted them and not me, and no matter how much it hurt me when you did that. I still couldn’t tell them not to talk you for my sake or tell them what happened between us because they would be upset with you, so I left.” Wooyoung said with the pain resounding in his voice, it was obvious with his voice alone that he was hurt by Nichkhun. Wooyoung’s voice still held faint traces of pain and so did the Younger's but it was obvious he was trying not to show any.

“Wooyoung-ah..” “No! Really Nichkhun you were supposed to be the one who knew me better than anyone else. Yet, your girlfriend knew I was hopelessly in love with you and you could even see it. I tried so hard to get over you and you have the audacity to say the I probably got over you? I wish it was that easy to forget you, it would have saved me a helluva of a lot of heartaches. I have been telling myself for a while that the reason that any attempt I make at a relationship fails was because I am overly invested in my work. But that isn’t the truth, it’s because no matter how hard try to move on my stupid heart doesn’t want to forget you.”

 

“Seeing you now was the last thing I ever thought out and it is not something I ever wanted to happen. I thought if I ignored the problem it would go away. That was stupid as you already know seeing as you did the same. You know it’s funny I was going to act as if I didn’t know you but my mouth worked faster than my common sense. Then I promised myself to walk away and then you made that face, I know now I can’t just ignore. I love you too much for that and it not just because you were my first love. You were my best friend and the promises I made when were younger still mean something to me. It because not only am I in love with you but I am always going to have love for you as my best friend. I may want to forget and ignore anything having to do with you but I can’t. As much as I’ve been hurt by you the most painful thing wasn’t that you didn’t recognize my feelings for you or you not returning my feelings it was that I didn’t have my best friend to make it any better. You were and still are the only person who can make it hurt less,” Wooyoung said tears he tried to whole back fell slowly.

 

It was a bitter but beautiful sight for Nichkhun, the elder’s heart clenched at the boy in front of him but even crying Wooyung found away to look beautiful. Nichkhun had no right he knew that but he walked over to Wooyoung hugged. Wooyoung no matter how angry he knew he should be at the older, melted into Nichkhun’s embrace and snuggled into his chest. The younger for the first time since Nichkhun left felt comforted and secure, he felt stupid and wanted to scold himself for being comforted but the person who hurt him in the first. However, he didn’t care right now because being in Nichkhun’s arms felt so good and warm, he didn’t want to lose this feeling again. He knew he was a fool in love but he still loved the older and already forgave him.

 

Honestly, he forgave the older boy the moments the words came out but he now he knew he couldn’t lose Nichkhun again because he needed his best friend again. Wooyoung pulled his face out of Nichkhun’s chest, “You a big stupid but I forgave you forever.” Nichkhun looked at younger with a shocked look and a hopeful expression but it quickly left after Wooyoung’s next words. Wooyoung face shifted to an unsure and scared look, “But don’t leave me again okay? I can’t lose my best friend again.” Wooyoung begged and Nichkhun knew he didn’t deserve Wooyoung’s forgiveness but he never wanted Wooyoung to look like this ever again. “Never again” Nichkhun promised and leaned down without think and kissed Wooyoung, he freaked out but Wooyoung kissed back and he closed his eyes as his hand made his way to Wooyoung’s cheeks


  

Jinyoung was walking back to back to his dorm when he got a text, I thought I'd get to see you before I had to leave to get ready but apparently you are still practicing and Jackson said I can’t come and bother you -__-’! I just wanted to tell you that you’ll be amazing and I can’t wait to see your performance, Nyoungie hwaiting!. Jinyoung smiled a the message. People wouldn’t believe him if he said it but Mark is such a big softie full of aegyo. The older was just a little reserved around people wasn’t comfortable with. Jinyoung is really grateful to Mark, the elder makes him happy in a way that he was missing since his parents. It a happiness one gets from a love that makes you feel safe and comforted, Mark may not be the best at expressing his feeling but he was really amazing at making Jinyoung feel loved and special.

 

Knowing Mark will be watching and he will basically be announcing his love for the elder in front of most of the school made him nervous. Stage fright isn’t really the feeling, it more like he wants to impress Mark and at the same time make sure the elder understood his feelings. Jinyoung never felt this need to impress himself to someone before, it wasn’t something he was used to. It’s weird too because he knows Mark doesn’t care and is just supportive of him and will be proud of him regardless. However, he can’t help but think if the older will like or if he will think it’s good. He wasn’t a person take need people to like him or fall for him but he with Mark. He wants Mark to only see him and only find him attractive. Which is the only reason Jackson actually got him to do a y dance, he never thought of himself as attractive or y but he has a need for Mark to see that way. He texted back, “Thank you hyung, I know you are going to be great too. I can’t wait to hear your song. I already can’t see all the people swooning over you.”


Author Comment

Sorry for the late update but I've been really busy and haven't had time to update. I know this isn't Markjin, don't be mad but they next chapter will definitely be a whole lot of drama and Markjin. Plus, more Wooyung and Nichkhun don't be to mad at me for that.