Revelations and Restraints

It Will All Be Alright

    PE was over and Junho never came back from the infirmary, Chansung dismissed his class for him. Chansung had to teach this period so he told Nichkhun to update him when he finds out what happened. Nichkhun agreed and took Mark to his next class, after telling Jackson and some kid named Yongjae, that they couldn’t skip class to go and see Jinyoung. Mark was still lifeless as he walked to class feeling guilty. He badly wanted to be by Jinyoung side, like how the other was there by his own. But seeing as he was the one who made Jinyoung end up in the infirmary, he was too embarrassed to even show his face to Jinyoung. Nichkhun looked at the Mark and sighed, and stopped him right before they reached the door to his next class. “Look, i’m sure Jinyoung is going to be fine. Just finish up your last class and then come to the infirmary, you can make it up to him then, okay?” Nichkhun reminded the boy and Mark just nodded and went into his class. Mark sat down and the teacher didn’t even bother nagging him for being late, everyone in school knew what happened by now. Mark put his head down and just hoped Jinyoung would be alright. “Why can’t I do something right, just for once?”

Nichkhun reached to the infirmary and saw Junho, “Hey how is he?” “The nurse said the impact was hard enough to make him pass out, but he is still out. He’ll wake up sometime soon. He had to get 10 stitches to the head, but it isn’t that bad. He’ll wake up with a massive headache, but he can go back to his dorm after some tests and then he has to rest, but it doesn’t look like anything serious happened. “How about on your end, how is he?” “I don’t know how bad he is, he still looks lifeless. I told him to come and see Jinyoung after his last class, he might feel too guilty. But I think that Jinyoung’s the only who can make him feel better at this point. “WHERE IS HE! JINYOUNG HYUNG!!!!” Junho and Nichkhun heard a loud screeching voice, followed by “Calm down Bambam, this is an infirmary. You can’t be loud people, are injured and need to rest.” “I swear to everything in this world, if you tell me calm down one more time. I will put you in one of these beds myself.” “Please, as if those twigs you call arms can do anything. Hey wai---OWWWWW!” “Calm down, Yugyeom there are injured people resting.” The original voice said mockingly. Junho and Nichkhun looked at each, when the voices sounded close and the door to the room Jinyoung was resting in opened. “Hyung!” Bambam yelled as he opened the door, he and Yugyeom ignored Junho’s and Nichkhun’s presence and ran to Jinyoung’s beside. Right before the older pair of guys were about to speak a nurse came in, “Excuse me you are being too loud. This is a place for the injured. I’m going to have to ask you to leave.” Bambam was outraged, “I don’t care. I am not leaving my hyung.” “Student, you are disturbing the other patients’ and also your hyung’s rest. I can assure you, your hyung will be much better off you if you waited till he exited the infirmary to see him.” the nurse said back irritated at Bambam’s deplorable behavior, Bambam was offended by the nurses implication and was about to the yell back. When Jinyoung’s eyes fluttered open and he sat up only to be greeted with a massive pounding in his head.  

    “Kunpimook don’t you dare open your mouth if another disrespectful comment is about to come out,ah” Jinyoung scolded while holding his throbbing head. “Student! Don’t move so quickly you took a hard it to your head. Sudden movements will cause a burst of massive pain.” The nurse said changing her tone and ran to help Jinyoung settle in a new position. “Yeah, I think I figured that one out the hard way.” Jinyoung said as held his head, the pain increasing, and thank ed the nurse for helping him. He turned to the nurse, “i’m sorry for my brother’s disrespectfulness. Please accept my apology on his behalf. I will make sure he is quiet and treats this place with the utmost respect.” Jinyoung said give the nurse of his heart melting smiles, to which she caved into almost instantly. “Well, I guess if you make sure he is quiet, I can’t let it go.” “Thank you, noona!” Jinyoung said giving out one of cute eye smiles and the nurse blushed, and left the room. Jinyoung turned to his brother and his face instantly fell into a frown. “Kunpimook, how dare you speak to anyone like that. I don’t care if I was dying on the floor, right in front of you. You do not speak to anyone, especially someone older than you, with such disrespect. I taught you better than that, I am very disappointed in you right now.” Bambam instantly lost all the previous fire he had, “I am sorry, I was just worried about you. I won’t do it again and I’l apologize properly to the nurse.” Bambam said bowing his head. Jinyoung sighed, “What are you guys doing here, don’t you have class?” “how could we stay in class when you are hurt hyung!” Bambam said. “I tried to stop him hyung! I told him you’d be upset we cut class, but he didn’t listen.” “And you kim Yugyeom why did you go with him if you knew.” Jinyoung said raising an eyebrow, Yugyeom flushed “Ah well I had to make sure he didn’t make a scene. Plus, I was also worried.” Yugyeom tried to justify his actions and mumbled the last part, but Jinyoung still caught it. “Listen guys, I am fine and should be back at my dorm by time you done with your classes. So now that you have been reassured that I am fine, leave. How dare you think you can cut class, you wait till I come out of this infirmary, you are in so much trouble, especially you Bambam.” Jinyoung scolded the two, they both held their heads down and apologized.

“Jinyoungie, how are you?” Jinyoung turned and saw Junho and Nichkhun, “oh hyungs what are you doing here?” “Jinyoung you have been out all class, it is your last class now. I brought you here.” “Wow, I was out that long? Thank you hyung for bringing me, i’m sorry for the trouble. I must’ve been heavy.” Jinyoung said feeling bad for inconveniencing his hyung, “Please it is was no problem, I’m glad you are okay though. By the way you weigh as much as a toothpick, it is quite alarming, you need to eat more.” The door opened and Sehun walked in, “oh you’re back from the bathroom already?” Junho asked softly to the boy, he had been here the whole time Jinyoung was asleep. “Yeah. Nyoungie hyung thank god you’re awake.” “Sehun-ah, How’s Luhan Hyung?” Sehun’s face instantly fell, “Don’t worry about him Jinyoung and I wouldn’t know. But your friend beat him up pretty badly!” Jinyoung just remember, “Ahh Mark hyung is he okay?” Sehun looked at him incredulously, “Nyoung, he was the one who punched you in the head. I’m sure he's the one wondering if you alright?” “I know that but-- Nichkhun hyung, how is he?” Nichkhun sighed, “I honestly don’t know, he looks as if his soul left his body.” Jinyoung frowned, “He feels guilty doesn’t he” “Yeah” “that idiot it was an accident and he is probably beating himself up because of it. He’s in Physics right?” “Yeahh---” Nichkhun was about ask why he was asking, only for his question to be answered, by the younger getting ready to get out of bed. “Oh no! You’re staying right there. You were just knocked unconscious for over an hour. You are not ready to get up and walk around, plus you have more tests you still need to wait for.” Nichkhun told the boy, he understood that Jinyoung must be aware of Mark’s state at the moment, but Jinyoung shouldn’t be moving about so quickly. Jinyoung wasn’t too keen on resting when he knew Mark probably being an idiot and beating himself up for no reason. But he was outnumbered and not in good condition to try and make his way out , so he just pouted and listen to Nichkhun.

“Sehun Hyung?!?!” Bambam said now recognizing who it was in the room, Sehun turned to Bambam and smiled weakly in return. “Bammie is that you? Look how big you’ve grown. I can’t believe it, you no longer a baby.” “hyung! I missed you! it’s good to see you again.” Bambam said running to hug the other boy, Sehun hugged him back and kissed his cheek just like he did when he saw Jinyoung. “Wait a minute! did you say Mark hyung did this to Jinyoung hyung?” Bambam said in disbelief, Sehun rubbed his neck “Technically yes, but he was protecting Jinyoung and Jinyoung tried to stop him before killed this guy who wasn’t being nice to your brother.” Nichkhun explained to Bambam, who nodded understanding now, that made more sense to him. “Nice too meet you, i’m Mark’s hyung. You can call me Nichkhun hyung, you must be Jinyoung’s brother, Bambam was it?” Nichkhun said extended his hand out. “Yes. I am, My name is Bambam. This is my roommate Yugyeom.” “Hi Nichkhun hyung, it nice to meet you.” Yugyeom greeted the older. Jinyoung then remember the two, “You two back to class now!” Jinyoung said sternly, they bowed their heads and left before the got in more trouble with Jinyoung. “Nyoung, Bambam is just worried you should be so hard on him.” Sehun said, “He shouldn't be skipping class. Anyway, I should be telling you the same thing.” “What do you mean?”

“I mean you shouldn’t be so mad with with Luhan hyung. He did cross the line with what he said and I won’t pretend like it didn’t hurt me, but I think he got enough punishment from Mark hyung. Plus, I understand why he did it?” “No, there is no excuse to talk about someone like that. Especially, not you and you are too nice, you shouldn’t defend people after the hurt you.” Jinyoung smiled at Sehun, “People say things they don’t mean when they’re angry Sehun.” “But he had no reason to be angry with you hyung, he’s never met you.” “Yes, yes he does. He may not be justified, but he has reason to be angry and hate me.” “What are you talking about Nyoungie. You are an angel, there nothing you can do to give anyone reason to talk to you like that.” “ that is exactly why he was angry Sehun. You build me up as this amazing person and make it so no one else can be the same as I am, in your heart. I know that not your intention but other people don’t. Especially people who like you or are in love with you, it makes them feel insignificant. He loves you Sehun, he didn’t mean to act like that to me. He was attacking the person he saw in the way of the two of you. He thought that I was the only love you had. He may not have showed it the right way, but he was fighting to be the only person in your eyes. He was fighting to make you see, how much he loves you. I saw the way he looked at you hunnie, it was like there was only one person in the world and it was you.” Sehun started crying, “But--” “Don’t cry. You love him too. I saw the spark in your eyes, it was the same as when you confessed to me years ago. I wasn’t able to return your feelings. I loved you, but not the way or the amount you deserved. But Luhan hyung, he lashed out at me because he loves you so much. He knows he can love you as much as you deserve, that’s why he was so mad, because there’s only you in his eyes. You picked a good person to fall in love with Sehun. People make mistakes, but we judge not by that. But by intentions they have and the way the try to change.” Before Sehun could respond, the door open once again and revealed a crying, bruised Luhan. “Luhan hyung!” Sehun said shocked to see the boy, he thought Luhan would have left by now.

“I’m so sorry Jinyoung-ah. I was an and deserved every hit your friend gave me. I didn’t mean to say those things to you, I’m not a person who bullies someone like that. It’s just I was so Jealous because you are this amazing person who Sehun loves and I wanted to be that person for him, because that's who he is to me. You really are the angel he paints you out to be though. How can you tell Sehun all those things, when I was so cruel to you? I’m so very sorry, someone like you shouldn’t have experienced that. I don’t deserve your forgiveness, but I owe you a sincere apologize.” Luhan said bowing on the floor to the boy. Jinyoung smiled at the boy, “Luhan hyung, get up and come here.” Luhan did as he was told and walked to Jinyoung’s bedside. Jinyoung wiped his face “I am not mad and I forgive you. It was hurtful to hear those words…” Luhan bowed his head in shame and Jinyoung pulled head back up, “But if you want to apologize to me sincerely, just make sure you take of this big cry baby for me and never stop loving him. You remind me of someone who I know. Who can’t control their emotions but really cares for people they love. So i’m not expecting you not to make him cry, but as long as you love him and promise never to hurt him. Then i’ll take that as an apology, Sehun maybe a crybaby but he is a stubborn one. So make sure you never let go of him, because he will love you as long as you let him.” Jinyoung told Luhan seriously and the older boy nodded his head, “thank you Jinyoung ah, and I will do exactly that.” Jinyoung smiled, and turned to Sehun “

I’m okay, so go with him and talk okay?” Don’t worry about anything other than if he makes you happy. If he does, than that should help you decide okay?” Sehun wiped his tears and nodded and got up, heading to the door, he turned back indicating for Luhan to follow him. The two boys left and Jinyoung hoped they worked everything out because it was obvious they loved each other.

“See Nichkhun this why I fanboy over him.” Jinyoung blushed forgetting his two hyungs here, “as much I want to stay. I have to prepare for my last class. So Nichkhun take care of him for now.” “Don’t worry,  I know!” and Junho left. “Nichkhun hyung you don’t have to waste your time here, I am fine.” Jinyoung said as the elder came and sat next to his bed. “Yeah I do.” Jinyoung smiled not bothering to argue with him, because he wasn’t going to leave. “So you know a person who can’t control his feeling because he loves too much. You seem to empathize with their situation well.” Jinyoung laughed “Well Mark hyung isn’t the most subtle. I may act like I don’t know what is going on, but I do.” Nichkhun hummed, “So why are you opening up to me, if you like playing coy?” “Well, people just assumed that about me. Why not go along with it, you though give me more credit than them, so shouldn’t I do the same for you.” “So you know?” “That Mark hyung likes me, and may be falling in love with me, yeah I know?” “He is in love with you. But if you know, why aren’t you doing anything about it? If you feel the same you should be able to tell him. So I can only assume that you don’t feel the same? Should I be preparing, for a heartbroken dongsaeng anytime soon?” “I would never hurt Mark hyung, and I definitely like Mark hyung more than as a friend. I can’t say i’m completely in love with him, but I do love and care for him. However, i’m sure it won’t be long until I am completely in love with him, but I can’t tell him even if I am.” Nichkhun looked at him confuse, “Why not?” “Because it’s not fair of me.” Nichkhun looked at the boy confused, “Mark isn’t used to feeling any emotion. Especially, not ones of being in love or being loved. He doesn’t even really notice why he has this feelings, that are so intense, for me and I can’t tell what they mean. Or he will do everything to make me happy and give all his love to me.” “i’m still not seeing the bad side here Jinyoungie.” “Mark isn’t able to love me in the way I deserve to be loved, because he has issues he needs to resolve first. If he knows what he feels for me is love, he’ll forget about fixing the issues that have been holding him back. He can’t love me properly, if he doesn’t properly love himself or try to love himself and accepts that he deserves to be love. I also am not capable of loving him the way he deserve either, I also have things that are holding me back, but i’m trying for him. He is the first person to make me feel safe enough to be myself and be vunerable. I don’t want to lose him, he is a person who made me realize that I am important too. I forgot that for a while. He deserves more love than I can’t give him at the moment, but I know I can give it to him in time and I know I can treat him better than anyone else can. So don’t think i’m going to let anyone take him from me. He thinks he’s possessive, trust me he hasn’t realized how possessive I can be, yet.”

Nichkhun smiled he understood what Jinyoung meant about Mark not loving himself enough, but… “I think that you’d be enough to make him understand why he should love himself.” Jinyoung smiled, “I’m glad you believe in me, but I am sure this is the best way for the two of us, for now. So I hope you can trust me and leave this to me.” Nichkhun may not agree with Jinyoung , but he knew the other wouldn’t hurt Mark and he did love Mark. “I do trust you. If their was anyone I trust Mark to other than me, it’d be you.” Jinyoung sighed “that’s sad.” Nichkhun looked at him, “Why?” “Did his parent really hurt him that bad, that you’d trust me over them.” Nichkhun sighed, “he told you, i’m surprised. I had figure it out myself.” “Well I figure out they were the reason for why he became like this, but later he did tell.” “Hmm that still better than me, I only knew because I saw first hand and connected the dots and he just allowed me to comfort him. He never expressed his actually troubles.” Nichkhun was a bit jealous Mark confined in Jinyoung over him, but he was happy that Mark has finally found someone who can make him happy. “Well, i’m sure I won’t have be worrying about him so much anymore seeing as he has you. I’m sure you must be much more comforting, than I could ever be to him.” Nichkhun said slyly, “I guess the playboy thing makes sense now. We are definitely nowhere near that stage, hyung” Jinyoung said blushing. “You really do more than people give you credit for.” Nichkhun laughing at the red on the boy’s face. “Seriously though Mark has good taste, you’re more beautiful than any girl or guy I’ve ever met. Plus, you have very nice peach there. No wonder Junho likes you, you guys can bond over you amazing asses.” Jinyoung blushed furiously, “Hyung!!!!! Weren’t you talking to coach lee about fanboying over his students.” “You’re neither my student nor am I fanboying right now. This more considered thirsting over.” “HYUNG!” Jinyoung yelled and just when Nichkhun thought the boy’s face couldn’t get anymore red. “I’m just kidding, for the most part. Plus, Mark would kill me! Look what he did to Luhan for just talking to you the wrong way. I pray to god, that no one is stupid enough to touch you, they’ll be looking for an early and instantaneous death.” Jinyoung felt embarrassed because he knew very well that what Nichkhun was saying was true. “I honestly don’t believe you can be more possessive than him.” Jinyoung’s gaze changed, “Trust me, I am not as tactless as Mark hyung. Though If I am pushed far enough, it won’t be good for anyone. I just as protective of Mark too, but I have much better restraint than him.” Nichkhun smirk, there was something dangerous in Jinyoung’s gaze as he spoke. “Well a perfect match then.” Jinyoung just change back to his normal gaze. “I hope he isn’t beating himself up, right now. He’s really strong, but likes to hurt by himself for no reason.” Nichkhun smiled and all worries about Mark left his mind, “he’ll be fine. He probably is doing exactly just that, but as long as he has you. I’m positive he’ll be fine.” Jinyoung smiled back at Nichkhun, waiting for Mark to come and see him. So he can fix that stupid inferior complex Mark has, and then he could see that smile that he loves. Mark looks the most handsome to Jinyoung when he is shows those beautiful canines and a smile, directed at Jinyoung.

Nichkhun and Jinyoung were in the middle of small talk, when the door opened revealing a worried and bawling Jackson. “Hey----” “JINYOUNGIEEE!!!!!!!!!!” Jackson yelled about to crash into said boy. Only to be pulled back by Jaebum, “I know you’re an idiot, but you did not just think you could tackle a person in the infirmary with a head injury.” Jaebum said and Jackson denied the accusation, unconvincingly. Jinyoung laughed, “I’m okay guys thanks for coming though.” “Of course i’d come Jinyoungie.  You are injured, nothing would stop me from visiting you!” That’s when the nurse from before came in, “Student! You are being too loud, I am going to have ask you to leave.” The nurse said annoyed, Jackson was going to complain, but was cut off by a loud “JINYOUNG HYUNG!” by Youngjae. The nurse glared, “This is an infirmary, what is wrong with you students these days. That is it, all off you out!” The nurse yelled fed up with all the noise in her infirmary. Everyone was silent, “But you are yelling right now.”  Jackson defended and Jaebum face palmed himself. The nurse felt a vein throbbing on the side of her head, “OUT! NOW!” Jinyoung thought it was time to save his friends. “Ahhh” He cried out in pain, the nurse calmed down and rushed to him. “Oh no! Is the pain back? I am sorry, I shouldn’t have yelled so loud. The stress will cause your headaches to come back. I’m sorry.” “no, it’s alright. It wasn’t that bad, i’m sorry my friends are such a handful for you. My stay is only making your job difficult, I am sorry. Please forgive my friends they are just worried and excitable. If you can forgive them, I’d grateful.” Sending the nurse a sad puppy pout. She cooed and assured him, he was no problem, “Just have them keep it down. Don’t worry bout a thing!” she said before leaving. The rest just looked at him wondering if he is okay. “I’m fine, a little white lie never hurt anyone.” “What! Jinyoung that was acting?” “Well, if you didn’t want be thrown out, it was necessary.” They were shocked, Jaebum smirk, “Prince Jinyoung, you had me worried there.” “Sorry JB hyung! I’m okay, a bit of a headache, but i’ll survive. So stop crying Jackson, you too Youngjae.” They both almost instantly went to his sides and hugged him. They all talk for a while, when the doctor came in and cleared Jinyoung to leave the infirmary. Mark’s last class was over and Jinyoung was worried, the other didn’t show to see him. He wondered how much Mark must be beating himself up, if he didn’t bother to show up to see him.

Right then Jinyoung’s door flew open and a panting Mark came in, everyone looked at him. He stood straight and looked at Jinyoung, “Sorry, I am late. I was being stupid and then realized it. So I ran here, but now that I think about it. I would’ve seen you regardless, so i’m still an idiot.” Mark said dumbly. Nichkhun smirked at how whipped Mark has become; Jaebum, Jackson, and Youngjae smiled happy those two were good again; while Jinyoung just smiled at Mark. “Since Mark is here we should let him help Jinyoung back to their dorm. It’s been awhile since i’ve since you two and it seems like you have some new friends. I’m hungry, let go get something to eat, my treat. We can go find Bambam and Yugyeom too.” They agreed and left, Mark walked up to Jinyoung, “Jin-” Jinyoung just extended a hand to Mark, “Help me up?” Mark did just that and help him walked back to the dorm. They went inside, “Jinyoung---” “I’m going to shower first.” Mark was trying to apologize, but Jinyoung kept cutting him off. It worried Mark, that he kept doing that. Jinyoung told Mark to take a shower after as he came out the bathroom, and he did. By time Mark came in the room, Jinyoung was laying in bed. Mark got dressed and sat at the edge of the bed, “Jinyoung I---” “Mark hyung” “NO! I’m trying to tell you something. Stop interrupting me!” Mark said frustrated seeing as he has been trying to apologize for the longest time and Jinyoung kept ruining it. Mark was breathing heavily and Jinyoung felt bad, but he found it amusing. “I was just going to ask you, if you can come here. I’m cold.” Jinyoung said with a raised brow. Mark felt dumb, he walked over while talking of his shirt. Jinyoung shook his head, “Why is it you feel the need to take your shirt off when one of us is cold? Doesn’t it defeat the purpose if we’re cold.” Mark blushed, “Haven’t you heard of body heat?” “That would require both of us to be shirtless, though” Jinyoung said teasing the other. Mark didn’t want to look anymore stupid than he did already. It has become a habit of Mark ever since he met Jinyoung. “Well then take off you shirt! You’re the cold one.” Jinyoung scoffed, “Slow your roll, LA boy! You may be fine with taking off your clothes all willy nilly, but not me.” Mark frowned, “It’s comfortable, plus it’s just me.” Jinyoung faltered from their banter for a second and thought, “that doesn’t make it any easier. You idiot! It’s worse that it’s just you. How am I suppose hold back, if you keep doing things like this to me?” Jinyoung just pulled Mark’s arm, making him almost crash into Jinyoung’s body.

Instinctively, Mark placed his hands at the sides of Jinyoung’s face and stopped about an inch from his face. They blushed at the close distance, but neither did anything to move. They stared at each other’s face for a while, both in a trance. Mark looked at Jinyoung’s lips, they were so pink and plump. They looked soft, Mark began to move forward without noticing towards Jinyoung’s lips. Jinyoung was hyper aware of Mark and that look, Mark wanted to kiss him, and lord knows Jinyoung wanted nothing more than to let him do so. However, he knew he shouldn’t, even thought he really wanted it. He knew he had to wait a little bit more for Mark. Instinct was driving Mark right now. He knew Mark and if they did this now, Mark would close himself off as a defense mechanism, from his unknown feelings for Jinyoung. As strong as Jinyoung is, he knew if Mark pulled away from him now. He wouldn’t be able to put the pain aside and act like as if it was nothing to him. He knew too much about Mark, Loved too much of the older. If the older pulled away it would ruin Jinyoung. So Jinyoung wrapped his arms around Mark’s neck and pulled him down on top of him, making sure Mark’s head fell into his chest. Mark was surprised when his face crashed into Jinyoung’s chest. “Damn his chest his hard!” “Mark hyung thank you for protecting me.” Mark moved out of Jinyoung’s hold and rested his weight on his forearms, so he could look at the younger. “What?” “What Luhan Hyung said hurt, even though I understood why he did it. Thank you for sticking up me. I appreciate it hyung.” Jinyoung moved his head close to Mark’s and he was so tempted to kiss him, but came to his senses and kissed the right beside his mouth instead. “Can you forget about hitting me? Because it was my fault for putting myself in front of a punch anyways. Just cuddle, I am tired. Now let’s just take a nap.” Mark felt the butterflies come back, but on high speed. He couldn’t speak, he just knew that anything Jinyoung wanted was what he was going to do. So he settled next the boy and pulled Jinyoung close and spooned the younger into his embrace. Jinyoung shivered and Mark held him tighter thinking he was cold, but Jinyoung was nervous of being held by Mark after what just happened. Jinyoung figured he was masochist, because he shouldn’t have done that. Because just that made his whole body feel like it was electrocuted and made it burn up. All he could think about was what Mark’s lips would do to him. Sooner or later the need to know will kill him, because he can’t let himself kiss Mark yet! They sighed, Mark’s was content and Jinyoung’s was filled with frustration, annoyed with himself.


Author Comment 

I got in a double update, a bit later than I expected though! Enjoy, it's more Jinyoung based seeing I usually have more Mark based chapters.