Of Apologies and Attractiveness

It Will All Be Alright

                Jinyoung got up to check on the samgyetang, it was finished cooking and he turned off the pot, “Mark hyung food’s ready!” Jinyoung called out. Mark got up and got some bowls for them to eat with, Jinyoung started to separate the parts of the chicken. “What part would you like, hyung?” “Drumstick, please” “Mhmkay.” Jinyoung separated the two drumsticks and placed in Mark bowl with some broth, and the went to get some rice and kimchi he made. “okay! Time to eat.” They sat and started digging in, “hey Junior, do you have to work in the library tomorrow?” “no” “Oh okay so then I was think that maybe you can come with me tomorrow to apologize to Jackson and Jaebum.” “Oh no sorry I can’t. I have a second job tutor. I have to 3 first years and 2 fourth years I need to tutor in Math, it kind of a joint session for Korean lit. It is a 6 hours’ session, sorry!” “Oh you have another job? Do you really need to work that much?” “hmm yeah I actually thought I need a third job, but tutoring pays well and I’d have enough to save up for me and Bammie.” “oh well I can wait for any other day.” “Sorry hyung, I work the other days also, but don’t worry I will go with you today!” “Oh okay…. wait a minute TODAY?” “Why are you yelling? Yes, today the faster better. You didn’t think I’d let you prolong all this nonsense.” “Yah, don’t you think you’re too confident in them forgiving me. Not everyone else is like you.” “Hey Jackson and Youngjae were defending you to Jaebum and Bambam, so you already have Jackson.” “Really after all I said he still defended me and Youngjae too, I mean I injured him.” “I told you, you have good friends. Okay? Plus, if you plan on getting on Bambam’s good side you will need to apologize today and Gyeom Gyeom, too! They were too ecstatic to hear you talking about me like that.” “Right” Mark sighed deeply. “But really Bammie and Gyeom Gyeom, aren’t those name too childish. They know you call them that?” “Of course, they do mind. I should give you a nickname too” “Uh I those are the type of names you give out; I think I’ll past.” “Hey, what wrong with Bammie and Gyeom Gyeom.” Mark didn’t want to piss of the other, “Nothing, nothing at all”. “Hey! You are Chinese right? Do you have a Chinese name?” “uh yeah, but I don’t really let anyone call me by it.” “Mhm, how about I just call you it then. Come on tell me or you’ll be stuck with Markie hyung.” Mark flinched at the cutesy addition to his name. “ugh fine as long as you never say that again. You you’re lucky, not even Jackson and Jaebum no this, It’s Yien.” “Yien, hmm I like.” “So do you like Yien hyung or Yien ge?” Mark looked surprised “You know Chinese?” “Yeah, I fluent in Chinese, English, Thai, and Japanese. I figured I’d learn Chinese since my mom really loved the culture and English because of my dad. I learned Thai to teach Bambam and keep his roots alive, and I really like the Japanese culture. I wanna go someday, so I figured I learn Japanese too.” Mark looked at him in aww, “Wow, I only know English, Chinese, and Korean, and I’m not too good in the later” “I think your hangul is just fine, hyung. You know you haven’t answered my question.” “Just do as you please, you probably are going to anyway.” “Well I you insist; I think Yien ge is more appropriate.” Mark just looked at the other, “Serious you are just as imposing as Jackson.” “Hey! I’m not that bad.” Mark chuckled, the younger was much better than Jackson nut he liked teasing Junior. “Okay sure, whatever you say Junior.” “I am!” Jinyoung said pouting out of habit, “you call me a child, I swear babies pout less than you. I have told to stop that already!” “It’s your fault, you always mean to me!” Jinyoung said not really true because Mark was nice to him more so than anyone else, but he doesn’t like being teased. Mark smiled at the boy’s cuteness, he like motherly Junior but whiny Junior was the cutest thing never. “Really, I am mean to you, huh?” “Yeah the meanest. You not nice to me like Jaebum.” Junior said just to get Mark. Mark narrowed his eyes, “Oh Jaebum is nice to you huh? Why, because he calls you Prince Junior?” Junior blushed at the name, it didn’t sit well with Mark. “Well then why am I, your favorite if Jaebum is so nice to you?” Mark said which caused the boy to blush even harder, “I just said that so you’d feel better.” Mark knew the other was just saying that to annoy him, but he didn’t like it either way. So he thought he’d teach the boy a lesson, “Oh really!” “Yeah.” Mark got up and took his bowl to the skin and washed it and then just ignored Junior. He went to is room, but said tis before he went in “hmm well it doesn’t change anything I said earlier, because meant what I said. You’re still my favorite, I guess your words don’t me that much though, it good to know.” Then Mark went his room after see Junior’s face shift to a very guilty look. Mark smirked when he closed the door, that should teach him, Mark though. Jinyoung sat out said feel childish and guilty, I didn’t have to go that far ugh, Jinyoung thought. He put his bowl away and went to Mark’s room, he stood in front of the door contemplating whether or not to knock. Mark heard shuffling outside his door and smirk, he took and jacket out and put it on. Jinyoung was standing outside with his hand, midair about to knock.

                Mark looked at the other with raised eyes, “Need something pretty boy?” “uh are you going out?” “Hmm yeah I need to go apologize to your precious Jaebum hyung, can’t have him not visiting you because he is mad at me.” Mark said trying to keep a straight tone and not laugh, because he could literally see Junior squirm at his words. “Without me?” “well I would want to bother you, seeing as I am mean to you all time, I don’ want to bother you further.” “Wait! Hyung I just said that because you were teasing me, I being childish. I sorry I didn’t mean it, you are really nice to me actually and do like Jaebum. But you are my favorite, so don’t be like this.” Junior said looking at him with his puppy eyes and mark thought he would melt right there. “I know, stop with the puppy look, pretty boy. I was just teaching you a lesson, you shouldn’t tell your hyung things like that. You shouldn’t joke with that. When hyung likes you so much, hmm?” Jinyoung looked down as if he was getting scolded, but Mark was actually speaking with an affectionate tone. “Neh, Yien ge” Mark ruffled his hair, and as Mark was taking his jacket put a hand on his chest to stop him. Mark looked at Jinyoung, “What are you doing? We are stilling going to apologize to Jackson and Jaebum.” Jinyoung said grinning. Mark grimaced, I should’ve have known this was gonna come back to bite me in the , Mark thought as he sighed putting back on his jacket. The was no point in voicing out his objects or complaints the other would just make him do it anyway, he might as well save his breath seeing as he’ll be needing it. “Hyung” “hmm?” “Don’t worry about all the bad things that can happen. Just think about the best way you can show them that you are sorry okay? It is alright, I’ll be right there next to you, just take your time and make sure whatever you decide to tell them get what you mean across, you can’t live in fear and regret.” Mark took a deep breath and nodded, “yeah you’re right.” “Good let’s go now!”

                Jinyoung had texted Jaebum and Jackson to see where they were, they happened to be with Bambam, Youngjae and Yugyeom in Youngjae’s room. Jinyoung was surprised to see how they all knew each other, but he will question that later. Right now, it was actually a good thing they were all together that way Mark could do this in one go because Jinyoung wasn’t sure that the older boy could do this twice. They walked silently to Youngjae’s room, Mark was thinking really deeply and Jinyoung didn’t think he should interrupt the other’s thoughts. So he just watched the other seeing as he was too into his thoughts to actually pay attention to where he was walking and Jinyoung was making sure he didn’t injure himself on the way to Youngjae’s. They reach Youngjae’s door and Jinyoung squeezed Mark’s hand for one last dose of reassurance before knocking. Youngjae opened the door knowing it was Jinyoung and Mark, seeing as the younger of the two had let him know ahead of time that they were coming.  “Junior hyung, Mark hyung.” Youngjae said moving aside to let the two in, Junior walked in and Mark followed.  Youngjae walked towards the arm chair next to Jackson and sat, Junior sighed “Mark hyung, has something to tell you guys. So I am telling to you to listen to him, Bambam.” Jinyoung said ignoring this brother’s petulant demeanor. Everyone silently agreed as Jinyoung stepped aside to give Mark the focus of the others. Mark looked like his usually self, but his fingers were slightly fiddling with his sleeves, that were going over his hands. Jinyoung noticed Mark hands and placed a hand on the small of Mark’s back. “Hyung, their attentions are all yours” Jinyoung said seemly just notifying the elder that he could speak. At least, that was what the other boys thought. However, in reality the words were meaningless, just a smoke screen for the others. Jinyoung’s real purpose was in the touch, regardless of how small and insignificant it may be construed to others, it was the real notification for Mark. It was Jinyoung’s indication to Mark that he was right here and it is alright, he will be right there for Mark, a small comfort. But it was all Mark needed to stop the tensing muscles in his body, the fiddling of his fingers, and the constriction that randomly appeared in his throat, once everyone’s attention was casted upon him.  It was the most interesting thing ever, a slight touch from Jinyoung was all it took for Mark’s brain to stop over thinking, for him to stop doubting. Mark took a breath and readied himself, although he honestly didn’t know what he was going to say them.

                A good 3 minutes passed in silence, the other boys were wondering what Mark was going to say. Jackson was waiting patiently for something for the first time in his life. While JB on the hand, was the anxious one. JB felt really guilty for what he told the older after Junior’s scolding, he wanted Mark to finishing whatever the elder had to say quickly so he could apologize for being harsh. Bambam could care less about what Mark had to say, but his Jinyoung hyung would be upset with him if he lashed out at Mark right now, so he bit his tongue for now. Yugyeom and Youngjae, were quietly waiting. Youngjae had faith that Mark was going to apologize. While, Yugyeom was just waiting to see if he should join team Jackjae or Jaebam.  Mark turned his gaze to Jaebum and Jackson, and bowed. “I was wrong; I shouldn’t have said things I didn’t mean to you guys. I am sorry; it is unfair for me to treat you wrongly and then ask for your forgiveness, but I am. You may not forgive me; I don’t actually expect you to but you deserve an apology. I can’t give you an explanation, but I owe you an apologize.” Mark finally arose from his bowed after speaking only to see an overjoyed Jackson already out of his seat, rushing to hug him. Mark opened his arms just before being impaled by Jackson. Jackson held tightly, “You don’t have to explain anything your apology is more than enough. Of course I forgive you! Best friends don’t ever not forgive each other”. Mark scoffed at Jackson, but wrapped his hands lightly around Jackson. “Thanks Jackson” Mark said and Jackson automatically pulled away from Mark and stared speechless, “you—wha---uhh” Jackson barely got words out with tears forming in his eyes. Mark apologizing was already momentous for him but Mark thanking him and hugging him back wasn’t something that would even cross his mind. “stop crying, Jackson.” Mark said slightly taken aback but not surprised, the younger was always volatile. Jackson just ignored him and ran to Jinyoung to hug him and sobbed, thanking Jinyoung in incoherent Cantonese. Jinyoung just coddled Jackson because he was used to the spontaneous, random emotions of the Hong Kong boy and comforted Jackson Cantonese. Mark just walked towards JB who was getting up. Mark was about to say something, but JB just held out his hand to Mark. Mark understood the gesture and held it. JB and him just stared at each other, silently making up. JB was about to apologize, when Mark pulls him into a hug. JB was shocked, Mark hated skinship. He barely tolerated Jackson and figured that he hugged Jackson back just now because he was sorry. JB always knew that Mark was a hard person to crack, but always figure Mark kept him and Jackson as people he likes more than others. He always knew in his and Mark’s relationship that he valued their friendship to a much closer degree than the older, but this hug from Mark meant a lot. It meant that JB’s previous assumptions on their friendship were no longer true. Mark was warming up and he meant enough to the older boy to make Mark want to try.  JB thought Jackson was just being Jackson by crying, but he felt it too. The change in Mark and he was so grateful for Junior also.  However, he wouldn’t cry despite the tears welling up. At least that what he thought would happen, “Jaebum I don’t act like it ever and I assumed you and Jackson knew, but you guys are my best friends and that won’t change ever.” Mark said and JB couldn’t hold in his tears anymore. He hugged the older back fiercely and the tears fell down his face, and buried his head inside Mark’s neck.  

Mark was shocked and didn’t know what to do, Jaebum doesn’t cry or at least cry to him. If it was Jackson who was crying that would make more sense to the him. Jaebum though was something else, Mark’s brain was crashing he didn’t know what he was supposed to do. Mark looked at Junior with a face of utter horror, if Jinyoung wasn’t coddling Jackson he would be dying with laughter at Mark ‘crisis’. Jinyoung ignored Mark and attended to Jackson. Mark rather Junior take care of Jaebum than him, even if that meant Junior holding Jaebum tightly and comforting Jaebum. His discomfort in this situation was so prominent that it over took his jealousy. Mark couldn’t push Jaebum away, so he just thought of what Junior would tell Jaebum in this moment. He knew he had to comfort his friend, he just didn’t know how to do that. Mark sighed out and put his chin on Jaebum’s head and rubbed his back soothingly like how Junior does to him when he is upset. Junior usually knows what to so say to stop Mark’s tears, but he was at a loss of what to say Jaebum. “I told Jackson you were handsomer, if you do this you are going to make me have to retract what I said and admit to Jackson he was right. I would really hate to have to do that, but you are making it hard right now.” Mark said softly like how Junior does, but lacking in the sympathetic and calming word department that Junior excels so effortlessly in. Jaebum snorted, “You really are the most emotionless person I’ve ever met, but you’re still my best friend.” Jaebum said to Mark finally lifting his head up and wiping his face, “But you really are an ” Jaebum said dislodging himself from Mark, “I know” Mark replied. It was JB’s turn to scoff at the other, “You are shameless. You don’t even deny or apologize for it.” “I am not Jackson. I can’t live blissfully ignorant to my faults. I acknowledge the things I can’t change.” JB look at him in disbelief, “how is it you find a way to make a mature move look like jackassery?” Mark shrugged his now damp shoulders. Jackson finally stopped his water works after hearing the jab, “hey! Why is it you still find some way to insult me. Yet, Jaebum never has to endure this verbal abuse. I am your best friend too.” Jackson said pouting at the indirect insults, “because you manage to lack an ounce of self-awareness and as your best friend, I am inclined to help you become aware to the lack of common sense and humility you seem unable to hold.” Mark said in a matter of fact tone, JB snickered at Mark’s response “Aww you called me your best frien-----wait a minute heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!” Jackson realizing the shots directed to him masked in fake care.  “Mark hyung that was not nice to say to Jackson Hyung. He is very sensitive!” Mark heard Junior say. “Yes and you can baby him like a mama bear, I’ll be the reasonable Papa bear.” Mark said off handedly not realizing the words that came out his mouth, but Jinyoung did and blushed at the romantic relationship insinuated in the mama and papa bear roles.

Jackson and JB smirked after hearing Mark’s response. “Oh Markie poo! So you think you and Junior are the parents of our group? Like Junior would like you over the wild and y Jackson!” Mark blushed realizing what he had implied, “oh shut up! I didn’t mean it like that and you know it. Also, drop that ridiculous nickname and never call me that again”. Mark said narrowing his eyes at his friend, but his ears were red in embarrassment. JB joined Jackson in teasing Mark, “You think you are father figure of our group. That’s funny Mark hyung, if anyone were to be Junior husband it would be me.” Jaebum said way to smugly and with pride towards him. Mark’s face darkened, “huh Junior would be his wife yeah right. Junior already promised to be by my side so in your face Jaebum.” Mark thought internal, only to realize why would he want Junior to be his wife. “Yah! All of you are too noisy! What makes you think I’ll be any of your wives, last time I checked I was a boy. Plus, if anything I’d pick Youngjae seeing as he is the only mature out of you guys.” Jinyoung saying slightly peeved at the fact everyone kept referring to him in a female term, they didn’t even have the common sense to call him a motherly figure. They outright just called him a mother. “what Youngjae?!” Jackson and JB said in disbelief, Youngjae just furiously blushed but felt honor. Mark on the other wasn’t worried about that, but rather something else Junior said. “What do you mean out of “you guys” Mark said narrowing his eyes at Junior. “what?” Jinyoung said, “You said out of us, that means there is other people you’d consider.” “ahhh! Well” Junior said not really understanding why the other was glaring at him, but obviously that wasn’t just a Mark thing because once the others understood what Mark was asking, they were all looking at him suspiciously. “um Well if I had to choose from anyone I’d probably pick” “Suzy better not be the next thing out of your mouth” Bambam and Mark said at the same time. Everyone stare at the two who happened to be on the same wave length. “You saw her too” Bambam said to Mark, “With the little clothes she wears, I’m sure everyone saw her.” Mark scoffed unimpressed at her. “I know right” Bambam said. “You know what? you’re not as stupid as I thought, I forgive you.” Bambam said. Mark although insulted let it slide because it was true. Jinyoung shook his head at those two, “of course they would bond over that” Jinyoung thought exasperatedly.

 “No, not Suzy. Wonpil.” Jinyoung said, everyone’s jaw dropped except Bambam and Mark. Mark jaw tightened and Bambam was confused, “Who is Wonpil?” “oh this hot guy in our year, he is all cold looking but he is a total nerd.” Jackson said. “how do you know Wonpil?” JB asked, “oh he comes to the library often in the dead hours, he was reading a book I wanted to read, so I asked him if it was good and that I was planning on read it. We talked a bit and we have a lot in common, literature wise. He is really nice and he always comes in the morning and helps me out a bit, he actually asked me to have lunch with him after classes tomorrow.” Jinyoung said nonchalantly. Everyone looked at him shocked, “What Wonpil asked you out, he isn’t interested in anyone, ever! Damn Jinyoung! Everyone just thinks you’re fine.” Jackson said. “what he doesn’t like me. We are just friends.” Jinyoung said defensively. “you really are naive hyung” Bambam said. “what? No this again Bammie. He doesn’t like me” Jinyoung said. “He’s right, you really don’t notice how you get hit on.” Mark said displeased. “Mark hyung, not you too!” “Junior waiting for you to come off work yesterday was enough for anyone to see how often you get hit on. First off all, no one comes to the library on Saturday’s yet it was magically the place to be since you start working there. Also, you really think all those people can’t read the signs and find what they need. They just wanted to stare at your as you showed them to bookshelf.” Mark said deadpanned. “What??!” Jinyoung said blushed and flustered, “you’re lucky Mark hyung was there!” Youngjae said. Everyone looked at Youngjae questioningly, “Well, when we were there I heard people said thank god Mark left, that way they can approach you again. Apparently, Mark had a very scary face towards anyone who would ask you to help them find a book.” Jinyoung looked at Mark, while the other just blushed, “they were being erted and you are like a child. How can you not notice that?” Mark said defensively, “What? I can take care of myself I am not a damsel in distressed.” Jinyoung said slightly offended but felt fuzzy knowing Mark wanted to protect him. “Hyung please! You are so intuitive when it comes to other people and yet are completely oblivious to yourself. I bet you don’t even realize how freakin attractive you are, even though people drool over you on a daily basis. I mean hyung I am hot, and people barely bat an eyelash towards me when I am next to you.” Bambam said getting himself worked up over his brother cluelessness. “Bammie calm down, and it not like I said I was ugly. I just average looking, my looks aren’t really comparable to Wonpil’s, JB hyung’s, or Mark hyung’s they are like model worthy.” Jinyoung said casted silence upon the room. Bambam expected that kind of answer and just threw his hand in the air in defeat. The rest of the guys just stared at Jinyoung in disbelief, “Hyung you have got to be kidding me, average? I’d like to be average if it meant I’d look like you” Youngjae said. “Really Junior hyung, if anyone is model status it be you. You look like someone on the cover of Nylon.” Yugyeom said scoffing. Jackson on the other hand, although he could believe Junior thought he was average was hyung up on something else, “What do mean JB and Mark hyung, I am the wild and y, Wang Jackson. How come you didn’t include me on that list. Plus, I have better bodies than all three of the people you named. Am I not handsome to you Junior?” Jackson said very much offended, but what else was new. “Jackson that’s not what I meant, Of course your handsome, all of you guys are handsome. But we were talking about attractiveness and personally JB and Mark hyung are the most attractive of out all of use. However, that just personal opinion and not to say you all aren’t attractive you are, but if we are talking in terms of having people fawn over them it be those two.” “I am faltered Junior, but you must be crazy to think you not attractive. You are well mannered, sweet, caring, really really pretty, and have you seen your eye smile. Yeah, no you are definitely more attractive Prince Junior.” JB said but he was proud Jinyoung found him attractive. Junior blushed at JB’s words, Mark shared everyone else’s sentiments. Honestly, he thought Junior was the most attractive person he met in his whole life and had an ego boost after earing, Junior personally found him attractive. However, he wasn’t too happy hear JB added to that list, and especially loathed the fact that Wonpil was on his list. “Please Wonpil couldn’t even measure up to your level, I doubt anyone in the school could.” Mark said snidely, which for some reason Jinyoung could not catch onto, made his heart race. Everyone smirked at Mark’s comment and glared at them daring them to say something.


Author Comments

Sorry for the long delay, I couldn't upolad at first because the site won't let me and when I finally was able to do it I had some serious health problems and only got better over last weekend. Sorry for the wait but thank you for waiting patiently for me to update. I'm grateful you all decided to keep subscribing, although my writing isn't that good. I started back school, so updates aren't going to be the frequent as they use to but I will try my best to still continue with daily updates. Once again I am sorry and really thankful.