Roommates

It Will All Be Alright

                Jinyoung and Bambam arrived in Seoul, courtesy of Wooyoung, he helped the boys unload their belongings. They didn't have much, so they had one bag each and said their goodbyes to Wooyoung at the gate. "Thanks for everything hyung! I promise that me and Bambam will visit when we can." "Take care of each other! I know you guys will do well and when you become successful young adults, don't forget us. To make sure you keep in touch here" Wooyoung had gotten them two new phones “I know you donated your money to the orphanage, but you’ll need these and you’ll be with a bunch of rich kids so. I figured these phones will at least help you to fit in with them "thank you hyung!" Bambam said cutely and the brothers gave one last hug to their hyung. Finally, Wooyoung drove away and the two turned around facing the gates of the school. They were the only ones at the gates, seeing as they enrolled mid-way through the first term. They walked through the gates and were amazed at the school in front of them. They both gaped at the beautiful campus, the school looked like a university. There were many different buildings label by the department of study. There was a big lake in the center with a garden and a quad area, on the left and right sides of the lake respectively. In the center behind the lake was the administrative building. There was a grand and beautiful bridge that lead to the building, Jinyoung was the first to shake out of stupor. "Ready to go!" Jinyoung asked the younger, using his hand to close Bambam's mouth. "Bammie you'll catch flies like that, let's go!" Bambam flushed "Hyunggg! Don't tease me, I’m just admiring the amazingness of the school." Jinyoung chuckled, "But your too cute not to tease" Jinyoung said before running off before his brother could hit me for teasing him. Bambam ran after him but was not blessed with his brother's athletics abilities. Jinyoung had been on the soccer team at their old school in Busan, and the older brother was amazing, he played all positions and was amazing at all. Bambam tried to make their old school’s soccer team, but realized he had little to no athletic skills and settled for being the team’s manager.

              "**Huff**Huff** Hyung wa-wait up" Bambam tried to breathe out, but Jinyoung was already at the end of the bridge not even looking winded. Bambam looked up not even half way across the bridge, "Come on Bambam. We don’t have all day". Omg hyung is too much. How can some run and not be panting? Bambam thought before he started running to catch up to Jinyoung, but it looked more like a sloppy jog to the older. Bambam finally reached the end of the bridge and collapsed on the floor panting. Jinyoung shook his head, "You need to exercise more Bammie. Your cardio ." "Hyung, you are the weird one. Who runs a quarter mile and not even break a sweat?" "The physically fit. Now enough dramatics let get settled in" Jinyoung said before striding off into the building. "the physically fit. Yeah right, more like physically insane" Bambam said to himself before following his brother.

             The two were waiting for the principal's secretary to give them the okay to go in his office. "okay, you may go in now” the sectary said after 5 mins and showed them the way. The secretary knocked before getting a reply to enter, "Hello sir, It's the two new students here to meet you." "Yes, of course let them in Hyorin-shii", Jinyoung and Bambam bowed. "Please sit down” they followed the instruction. "Hello, Jinyoung-ah and Kunpimook-ah. I am the head master of JYP Prep, Park Jinyoung" "Omo! Hyung that your name too." Jinyoung flushed a little, while JYP just laugh "yes, that is quite a coincidence. I'm sure it may be uncomfortable for you and your class mates to call you by your name. So I have informed your teachers to call you Junior. I hope that is alright with you?" "oh of course sir, I have no problems with that" "please Junior call me hyung! I mean we even have the same name. No need to be so formal." "well if you want, sure thing Hyung!" Junior said flashing JYP a big smile showing is eye crinkles, leaving JYP stunned at the boy's amazing visuals. However, he regained his composure "Ah and Kunpimook, would you like me to inform you teachers of an easier name for you." "Ah yes! I prefer to be called Bambam." "of course no problem, Bambam-ah. I will inform your teachers. I will like to officially welcome you two to JYP Prep. I have prepared a second year to you two, to your dorms. Hyorin-shii please send in Youngjae". The door opened and reveled cute boy older than Bambam, but younger than Jinyoung with cat-like eyes with a mole under one of his eyes. "Jinyoung, Bambam. This Youngjae and he will help you guys get to your dorms and answer any questions you have. Here are your schedules!" both of them reached for their schedules and iD cards and followed Youngjae out of the head master's office.

           “Hello! I am Choi Youngjae nice to meet you! I’m 16 and in my second year. I will be your personal tour guide for the day. Just leave your bags here and the admin office will see to it that they will reach you room safe and soundly. I’ll start by showing you guys around campus. If you don’t mind me asking, how old are you guys?” “Oh we don’t mind! Nice to meet you I am Bambam and I am 13 years old and this is my hyung” Bambam replied excitedly “Nice to meet you Youngjae-shii, I am Junior and I am 17 years old. I’m sorry that we have inconvenienced you, you must have better things to do than show us around. We appreciate this very much” Jinyoung said while bowing 90 degrees to his hoobae. Youngjae flushed at Jinyoung’s manners and felt embarrassed by the sincerity in his sunbae’s voice. Bambam followed his hyung’s bow getting overly excited by meeting a new potential friend and forgot his manners, but that just further Youngjae’s blush. “Oh no! Please don’t bow to me. You are my sunbae and my hoobae, I happy to be able to make some new friends, it is no bother to me.” Youngjae said loudly and flustered, in a hurried attempt to get the two brothers to stop bowing to him. The two finally stood upright and Youngjae let out a laugh in relief, to cut the awkwardness that he created. “Wow! Youngjae hyung you have a loud voice and interesting laugh” Bambam said without thinking and immediately dropping formalities as soon as he heard the word “friends” leave Youngjae’s mouth. Youngjae flushed a got a little self-conscious because people tend to call his laugh and loud voice annoying and he thought that he already turned off the two boys from wanting to be his friend. “Oh yeah. I’m sorry, I am kind of loud and annoying. Well, I guess I just ruined another opportunity for a friendship.” Youngjae said trying to brush off his hurt lightly with a joke.

            “I’ll just show you around now and get out of your hair” Youngjae said quickly turning around hiding his hurt and the tears that threaten to pour out his eyes. Everyone thought he was annoying and too loud, and it was hard for him to make friends. He tended to stay to himself because he had no friends. Bambam felt bad immediately, he hadn’t meant to hurt his new hyung’s feelings. He just blurted what he observed, he had no malice in his words. Jinyoung quickly put his hands on Youngjae’s shoulder and turned him around, and his gaze softened once he saw those tears run down Youngjae’s cheeks. “Hey, look at me.” Jinyoung’s voiced out with a warm, motherly like tone. “You are not annoying. Bambam was just intrigued by your dynamic personality. There’s nothing wrong with it, you are an adorable dongsaeng and we would be honored to be friends with such a sweet and kind person like yourself. Don’t talk down about yourself like that, if people can’t see how amazing you are, then you don’t need them. Having a lot of friends doesn’t mean anything, what really matters is having friends who care for you and unconditional love you. Who accept your unique qualities and treat you with the respect and love you deserve.” Jinyoung took Youngjae’s face in his hand and wiped away his tears and embraced the younger in a hug. Youngjae felt so safe and comforted in the elder’s embrace and buried his face deep into Jinyoung’s chest, hugging back. “Thank you! Junior hyung no one has ever said anything like that to me before or wanted to be my friend. I so happy that I’ve met you.” Jinyoung broke their hug and looked at Youngjae, “well that’s their loss. Who wouldn’t want to be friends with someone as cute as you. I guess I get to keep all this cuteness to myself. Don’t worry Youngjae hyung will take good care of you” Jinyoung said smiling brightly at the younger.

               Youngjae was stunned, he thought the older was handsome at first glance, but when Jinyoung was smiling, the older looked completely stunning. His Junior hyung was so beautiful that he couldn’t help but stare in awe. Junior found Youngjae’s face too adorable to leave alone and kissed his cheek and Youngjae finally stop staring at the elder’s face. However, he could not function properly after the surprise kiss, it felt so warm and loving, it caused the younger to temporarily lose his mind. Youngjae started stuttering and ramble incoherent sentences, “hyung, look you broke Youngjae hyung!” Bambam loudly stated accusing his brother, Jinyoung worried for Youngjae and apologized “oh I’m sorry Youngjae-ah! I didn’t mean to offend you, I’m quite affectionate and can’t help myself around cute things like yourself.” “NO! It is alright, I I – it’s just that no one has ever done that, especial someone as beautiful as you. I’m ok, feel free to be as affectionate as you want!” Youngjae yelled out blushing. Jinyoung flushed lightly at the compliment, “Oh thank you! I’m not beautiful though. I appreciate the compliment though.” “WHAT ARE YOU BLIND?!?!You’re like a male god!” Youngjae yelled turning back to his regular self. Jinyoung was relieved that Youngjae was back to normal, “Oh Youngjae hyung don’t even bother with him. I’ve trying for years to get him to realize that he is the epitome of beauty. It won’t work, he is to humble for his own good.” Bambam said “Really! Does he not look in the mirror or what?” “Please he is a lost cause, don’t even try” Bambam said sassily but quickly his demeanor changed to apologetic, “Hey Youngjae hyung. I didn’t mean to hurt you with my words. I was just excited to be making new friends and sometimes I get carried away and speak without thinking. I really like you hyung!” Bambam apologized with a sad pout. Youngjae thought his heart melted at the cute site, “Oh no don’t worry about it Bambam. I really like the idea of having a cute dongsaeng like you.” Youngjae smiled brightly at the other and Bambam returned it with a smile of his own. Jinyoung beamed at the cute sight in front of him, it warmed his heart. Jinyoung thought about how nice it is now that he and Bambam have new friend, and made it personal mission to make Youngjae see how amazing the younger really was.

                Youngjae showed the pair around each building, showing them where their classes will be. “So head master JYP has arranged the school in similar format to that of a university. So we don’t have a full day of classes, but there is an accelerated academic pace in all classes. The first year and second years are required to be in class five days a week. Third years can make their schedules in any way they want, as long as they are in classes at least 3 days a week. Fourth years are allowed to make the schedule any way they want, though most of them make their classes all in two days, just like your schedule Junior hyung.” Youngjae stated explaining the way the classes work around here. “This the library, a lot of scholarship students who want to work, work part time here. The head master wanted me to show you this and give you, your work schedule. He also told me to tell you that your grades are so amazing the you will be tutoring all four years and you can work out a schedule with the teachers.” “hmm okay” “Wow, your amazing hyung! Working Two jobs and going to school full-time.” “ah well I need to provide for me and Bammie” “Don’t your parents help you guys” Bambam froze at that and Jinyoung just replied back casually. “Well are parents passed away 11 years ago and we don’t have any other family than each other, so I am our provider.” “Oh my god. I am so sorry, I didn’t me to bring up sad memories. I am sorry for your loss.” Youngjae said pitying the two boys. “it’s alright, we have each other and that’s enough. Right?” Jinyoung said looking at his baby brother, giving him a sideways hug. Bambam hugged his brother and nodded, agreeing with his brother’s word. “Yeah all I need is my Hyung! But hyung should I get a job too?” “No, Bammie I will make enough for the both of us. I rather you focus on your studies.” “but” “no buts that final” Jinyoung said in his stern voice and Bambam knew better than to argue with him “yes, hyung”. Youngjae watched them in awe, admiring how strong they were, “Hey! Don’t forget you guys have me now too” Youngjae said pouting. They both giggled at him and brought him into their hug, “Of course Youngjae-ah” “Yay! I get two hyungs now!”.

                  As they were walking around they were gaining attention and stares from a lot of people in the school. It went on for about an hour until the number of people who would stare at them began multiplying. “Uhhh Youngjae hyung is it normal for everyone to be staring at you like this” “It’s not me they are staring at. I’ve only seen this happen when the Kingkas are walking around, but I don’t see them” right after Youngjae said that a couple of girl wearing cheerleading outfits came up to them. “Hi, are you new here? We have never seen you around before.” One of the girls spoke, ignoring Youngjae and Bambam’s presence, she directed her question to Jinyoung. “Oh Yeah, me and my brother just enrolled today.” “That’s cool. I’m Suji and this is Nayeon. We like to welcome you to JYP Prep!” Suji said giggling with Nayeon. “How nice of you two. I’m Junior and this my brother Bambam and our friend Youngjae.” Jinyoung said oblivious to the situation, “Hi, nice to meet you” Bambam and Youngjae both said together, only to get a nod of acknowledgement from the two girls. “Well we have to get going. Youngjae ah is helping us around.’ Jinyoung said as he smiled to the girls, making them squeal and swoon, “Wait we can show you around” Suji said with Nayeon nodded along. “That’s okay! Youngjae hyung will show thanks” Bambam curtly and grabbed his two hyung a began to walk off. “WAIT!!” The two ran to catch up with them and gave two pieces of papers to Jinyoung. “Here is our numbers, in case you need anything help. Call us!” Suji said and then the two ran away giggling. “Oh! Well that was nice of them. The people here are so nice.” Jinyoung said still no realizing what happened. “Never mind Youngjae hyung I think got an idea to why everyone is staring at us now” Bambam said shaking his head. “Jinyoung hyung! Those were Queenkas and they were hitting on you.” “huh what are you talking about. They were just welcoming us to the school.” Youngjae looked at his hyung in disbelief, “Youngjae hyung, don’t bother he wouldn’t understand even if you broke it down to him piece by piece.” Bambam said over the whole situation, it wasn’t new for him to see people fawn of his hyung. However, now that these people seem to have no bias against the two brothers, Jinyoung’s admirers have grown and acted on their admiration. “Come on Youngjae, you have to show us to our dorms.” Jinyoung said.

                  As they walked to the dorms, Jinyoung was approached my many more people and much bolder people at. Jinyoung was asked out by 30 girls and 40 or more guys, that’s when Jinyoung finally realized why they were getting stared at the whole time. “Well it took him long enough, to realize” Youngjae said as Jinyoung was being ask out yet again, “70 people asking you out isn’t that much” Bambam said sarcastically, He couldn’t believe how oblivious his hyung was, “I mean you should realize after the first couple of people.” “Sorry about that guys” “Don’t worry hyung lets just get going before we are stopped again. I am tired and I wanna get to my dorm” Bambam said whining. “this is the first semester that the school had randomly selected the dorm rooms. Usually first years are in section A, Second years in B, Third years in C, and fourth years in D. Though it is all random now, it’s kind of nerve wrecking for the lower years if their next to a fourth year dorm.” “Wait! You mean we aren’t rooming together Youngjae hyung.” “no roommates are picked from the years they belong to.” Bambam’s face dropped, this would be the first time since he was born being away from him hyung. Youngjae didn’t realize the shift in Bambam’s mood and continued to show the two to Bambam’s room. “A206. Here’s your room. Oh I’m down the hall in A200. Come by me anytime Bambam, I don’t have a roommate so it gets lonely” Youngjae said before his phone started ringing. “Ohh I got to go guys! I have class, Hyung your lucky you get a big room and it’s the only room in its hallway. Just follow the numbers and you’ll find you dorm. Oh here’s my number too. Bye guys!” Youngjae said running off to get to class on time.

                Bambam swiped his Id card and his door opened, Jinyoung followed him into his dorm. They were greeted by to a very tall boy with a baby face playing video games. “aah hi” the boy said awkwardly, seeing as he wasn’t expecting anyone and he was in his boxer and a t-shirt. “Hi, I’m Junior and this is Bambam my brother he will be your new roommate.” “Nice to meet you I’m Yugyeom. That room on the left will be yours.” Yugyeom said while shaking hands with Jinyoung, Bambam walked off to his room without sparing his roommate a glance. Yugyeom was taken back by the boy’s actions, he thought Bambam would be nice seeing his cute face, but he guessed he was wrong. “What’s his problem?” Yugyeom asked a bit ticked off. “I’m really sorry he isn’t usually like that; he is just upset that we aren’t roomed together.” “isn’t that a bit much though, I mean it not like you’re all he has in the world.” Yugyeom said but quickly noticed the change in Jinyoung face. “actually I am, we lost our parents when his was 2. So I’m really all he knows and we lived in an orphanage most of our life. He isn’t used to being without me. I’ll talk to him, so if you could just try to understand him a bit, I’d really appreciate it.” Yugyeom suddenly felt bad for getting annoyed, “Oh I’m sorry I didn’t know. Don’t worry I understand.” And Jinyoung went after his brother to talk.

                   “Bammie” Jinyoung called out softly as he opened the room door, he heard sniffling and saw his brother with his face down on his pillow. Jinyoung closed the door and walked in the room, he sat down on the side of the bed next to Bambam’s body, that remained face down flat on the bed. “Bammie” Jinyoung called out again placing his hand and on his brother’s back. The boy hadn’t moved, but he recognized his brother’s presence this time and went full out crying in the same position. Jinyoung sighed, “Bammie it is okay. We have been together all this time; don’t you think it is time we started being a little bit independent?’ “Do you not love me anymore? Is that why you okay with this?” Bambam asked finally lifting his head up. Jinyoung looked into his brother’s eyes “no of course not but, we don’t really have a choice. Plus, we are getting older now Bambam and soon I’ll have to start think of college. Which means we are not going to be together as we were before. I do not like the idea of being away from you, because I won’t be around to look out for you, but as much as I don’t like the idea it still has to happen. You can’t grow by my side forever, I wish you could because then I’d be less worried and be able to keep you safe at all times. But I know that isn’t what is right for you, plus your older now Bammie. Soon you’ll be dating and falling in love and wanting your time alone to be with your girlfriend or boyfriend.” “hyung, what do you mean or boyfriend?’ “Bambam please I’m your brother, did you really think that I wouldn’t notice” “Your oblivious to every other romantic related thing, and this is what you choose to be keen on” “Bambam, I’ve never said anything when people make those type advances to me, not because I didn’t realize. It’s because I know I can’t return their feelings and I am not interested in a relationship at the moment. So it will be easier to not play into their feelings or address them as anything else than platonic, unless they directly tell me.” “Hyung. You’re okay with me being this way” “what way? Bambam there is nothing wrong with falling in love. What is wrong is letting anyone else’s bias and judgement stop you from living your life, and stop you from being happy. I will always love you and want the best for, and if you find someone who can give you the love you deserve and make you happy. Then it is not my place to stand in your way.” “Hyung,” Bambam finally got up and hugged his hyung burying his face into his chest, “hyung I am never going to find someone else that I love enough to leave your side” “Yes you will Bambam, and although I’ll be sad. I will let you go and experience things on your own, but that doesn’t mean I love you any less okay?” “Okay hyung, I love you too.” “Good now will you be alright?” “Yeah” “good. Now go outside and apologize for being rude to Yugyeom- ah.” Jinyoung said sternly. “who is Yugyeom?” “Your sweet and cute roommate that you were completely rude too. I didn’t raise you to be like this!” “Oh I’m sorry hyung. You’re right I’ll go apologize right now.” With that Bambam ran outside and profusely apologized to his roommate.  Bambam apologized and Yugyeom accepted it and then three of them had a video game tournament, which got very heated. Jinyoung kept beating the other two and it was his first time playing, the two youngers got fed up of being beat by him the whole time and kicked him out of the game. Jinyoung watched the two for a while and after seeing how well Bambam got along with his roommate, he left to go find is dorm. Bambam was to into his game he didn’t even see his brother off. Jinyoung scoffed, the boy was crying not too long ago about leaving his hyung and now he won’t spare the older a glance.

                  Jinyoung walked down the hallways till he found a lone hallway that only housed one dorm. “A256. That looks like me.” Jinyoung swiped his card and walked in, as he was walking into the door, he knocked into a person and feel down. The ground wasn’t as hard as he was expecting, he looked down to realize he was on top of a person. Not just a person, a really going looking guy with only a towel wrapped around his waist, “are you getting up or what?”. Jinyoung finally realized he was still on top of the guy in a compromising situation and quickly got up, “oh my god I am so sorry. Hi I am Junior, your new roommate.” Jinyoung said offering his hand to the boy on the floor, his roommate just looked at him with an irritated gaze and got up on his own. The boy ignored Junior and walked off to his room. “Wait! What’s your name” “why do you care?” the guy replied rudely “Well I’m your roommate and I want to be your friend.” His roommate just rolled his eyes, “Well I don’t want to, don’t make too much noise and stay out of my way pretty boy” was all the boy said as he turned back going into his room. Jinyoung just stayed there baffled at what just happened. “Handsome face, but nasty attitude. I wonder what his problem is?” Jinyoung said to himself. Jinyoung found another mission in the same day, make sure Youngjae realized his self-worth and finding out his roommate’s name and getting to know why he is so cold. With that in mind Junior went into his room and got ready for bed. It was his first day tomorrow


Author Comment

Ohhh I wonder who Jinyoung's roommate. Lol  jk I'm sure you guys know who it is.