Over Thinking and Over Reacting?

It Will All Be Alright

Mark woke up and felt cold, he blinked and looked over to his side and sighed. Jinyoung was missing, he stretched a bit before sitting up. “There no point of laying here if my comfortable pillow is gone.” Mark thought pouting that Jinyoung left him, he sighed contently and thought, “Man I got a good sleep, Jinyoung really feels warm and cozy. They should make beds out of him, he is better than Tempurpedic mattresses.” Finally, he got up out of bed and walked out the room, good timing too because Jinyoung just conveniently walked out the bathroom. Fully clothed, leaving Mark a little disappointed, although he didn’t understand why, “I have no reason to be disappointed. What the hell! He has good body, but I shouldn’t be so thirsty. Oh god, Jackson has rubbed of me, I knew befriending that buffoon would come back to bite me in the .” Jinyoung styled his hair different today, it was like a 7:3 part and combed up and out of his face. He was wearing a black fitted button up with the sleeve rolled up, he paired it with most insanely, tight ripped black skinny jeans. “He seriously thinks I belong in a Magazine. I swear he out to give every guy a and make every girl faint. Oh crap! He talking to me ! Okay, open your mouth and speak words.” At, this point Jinyoung had called out to Mark a good 6 or 7 times, he finally walked up to the boy and waved his hands in front of Mark’s face. “HYUNG!!!!” Jinyoung yelled, Mark finally was able to vocalize words. However, much to Jinyoung’s confusion and Mark’s embarrassment; not only did he sputter nonsense, it was in English too. “Hyung, I know my English isn’t bad. What in the world did you just say?” Mark turned red, “Sorry Junior, I just haven’t woken up yet.” Mark lied hoping Jinyoung bought. “Ooookay? Well I was telling you, that you didn’t need to wake up so early. That why I didn’t wake you when I got up. But since you’re up the bathroom is all yours.” Jinyoung said repeating himself again, “Oh okay, thanks.” Mark said as he quickly walked into the bathroom to save himself from the embarrassment of his non function brain.

                Jinyoung shook his head, “hyung is being weird. Hmm I wonder if there is a guy equivalency to a period, he has been quite bi polar lately.” Jinyoung shrugged, he already made breakfast and decide to help move some of the elder’s things in to his room. Because he didn’t feel like having to scold the other again. He went into to Mark’s room and started packing some clothes. He noticed Mark had a more urban style than his own. Jinyoung wasn’t sure too if it was his style but Mark seem to make it look good. “I wonder what he likes to wear more, I mean it is all his clothes, so he should like whatever I take. Ugh I feel like wife taking out clothes for her husband. No wonder they all view in such ways.” Jinyoung frowned at his own thoughts, seeing as there may be some truth in what he others tell him. However, he is quite stubborn and will never allow them to know that. Mark came out the bathroom and went to Jinyoung’s room, “! I forgot my clothes, I should’ve listened too Junior.” Mark said to himself, at which Jinyoung choose to come in the room. “I’m glad you realize that hyung. Here I thought everything I say to you goes in one ear and out the other, unless I’m scolding you.” Mark was internally kicking himself, “he really has the worst timing. Great! He didn’t need to know he was right.” Mark and turned to look at the other boy and saw him with two duffle bags, that looked quite similar to the ones in his closet. “What is all that?” “Well seeing as you don’t think ahead or plan properly, I figured I’d save my breath, in educating you in proper management habits and get some clothes for you.” Although the other had a point, Mark still glared at the other’s savage response. “More like endless nagging.” Mark mumbled under his breathe, Jinyoung narrowed his eye “I’m sorry, I didn’t hear you.” He said raising an eyebrow, “Oh nothing. I said thanks. You didn’t have to I would’ve done it.” “Yes, you could’ve but you obviously didn’t. You didn’t have a century worth of time to complete this task hyung. You know you’re quite reminiscent of a turtle. Plus, wouldn’t want have to nag endlessly.” Jinyoung said and if looks could kill Mark would have 16 feet under, because 8ft is standard and Park Jinyoung is an over achiever.

Mark flinched, “Seriously, everything is just above the ordinary when it comes to him. How in the world did he heard that!” Jinyoung promptly left after that and Mark let go of the breath he didn’t know he had held in, “Seriously, he is like a puppy on the outside, but obviously there’s a wolf somewhere under all that cuteness and fluffiness. I guess that explains his soccer display.” Mark opened his bag and saw that Jinyoung took the time to even pair his clothes into outfits, he picked one of the folded pile of clothes and admired Jinyoung’s fashion sense. He thought other would have been repulsed by his choice of clothing, seeing as it not really the other’s style. But somehow Jinyoung managed to take his clothes and pair them up in a way that suits his style but reminiscent of Jinyoung’s own. “Maybe I should have him pick out my clothes for me, he has much better style than me and understand what I like too.” Mark thought seriously. Mark got ready and took his towel, and left the room. Jinyoung was in the kitchen packing something, Mark hung up him towel and crept up behind Jinyoung quietly, wanting to startle the boy. However, as soon as he got within 15 feet of the boy Jinyoung spoke up, “You aren’t as agile nor stealthy as cat, nice try though hyung.” Mark stopped in his track, “How in the world did he know?” “You seem to forget I raised Bambam myself, so I’ve develop those mommy senses around children. It basically like I have eyes in the back of my head.” Jinyoung said smirking, still continuing with his task at hand. “He reads minds too!” “I don’t read minds hyung. That’s ridiculous, I just know you is all.” However, Mark was still in a stupor, Jinyoung finally turned around with lunch boxes in his hands. Jinyoung just raised his eyes to the other boy, “You know you should eat before you breakfast gets cold.” “Wait a minute! What do you mean around children? I am your hyung!” Mark said offended only now registering Jinyoung’s

 Marked looked at the table and finally noticed he chocolate chip, banana pancake shaped as an elephant; there were also some scrambled eggs and bacon. “Elephants?” “Oh yeah, Bambam likes Elephants. Since he was little, that is always how I made his pancakes, he never really out grew it.” Jinyoung said as he smiled fondly thinking of his brother. “Oh. Where is your breakfast?” “Oh well. I made some for Gyeom, Youngjae, and Bambam. So I was going to head over there before class and give it to them. I haven’t have had much time for Bambam, since I’ve been taking care of you when you were sick and stuff. Knowing that little baby, he probably is sulking that I’ve been busy.” Jinyoung said shaking his head. “So your ditching me.” Mark said before his mind could even comprehend his mouth was moving. Jinyoung looked a bit taken aback, “oh well I assumed you’d like to sleep as much as you could before class. You really don’t like socializing all that much either, I didn’t want to pressure you in coming with me. Plus, I didn’t want to make you uncomfortable by have breakfast together. So you won’t feel obligated in making small talk with me, I know how you prefer being silent sometimes.” Jinyoung said hoping he hadn’t offended the other boy, Mark seemed quite sensitive lately. Mark bowed his head slightly in embarrassment, “I am not really uncomfortable if I am talking with you.” Mark mumbled quietly. Jinyoung tilted his head cutely to the other, basically indicating that he didn’t get what he said. Mark raised his head, “I’m comfortable talking with you and being in silence with you. It’s not awkward, you don’t make a big fuss when I talk, but you listen intently without being extra. Plus, I don’t feel like I have to be correct all the time because you get what I mean.” Jinyoung nodded, “Well, would you like to accompany? I would like it if you came, but you don’t have too.” Jinyoung said not want Mark to feel obligated or left out. “I might not talk much around the others” “That’s fine. I’ll be your portable interpreter; I speak fluent Mark. Although, Bambam is quite tactless when he wants to make friends or when in a mood. Basically he is another Jackson, but not as shameless.” Mark felt a sweat drop, “Just what the world needs, another Jackson.” “That’s okay, I’ve dealt with Jackson for years. I don’t think anyone can top him, in testing my patience.” “Okay, if you say so but I would like it to be known I gave you fair warning.” “Noted.” Jinyoung nodded and they headed out of their dorm, walking down the hallway.”

                Mark and Jinyoung walked into their first class, Mark sat down at his desk and placed his head down on top of it. Jinyoung looked at him, skeptical if he should talk to his hyung or not, “I did give you warning.” Mark sighed out heavily, he recalled what happened when the two went to the Bambam and Yugyeom’s dorm. As soon as they walked through the door Bambam tackled Jinyoung into a bear hug and wrapped his legs around Jinyoung’s torso. After what Mark considered an over dramatic greeting, seeing as Bambam saw his hyung yesterday. Bambam finally realized Mark’s presence. Bambam looked at Mark with a smirked, Mark was going to say hello when Bambam spoke up. “That’s why you took so long, you were coming with Mark hyungggg.” Bambam said emphasizing his name, “You know hyung you rarely had any time for me since you got yourself a boyfriend.” Bambam said grinning cause both Mark and Jinyoung to blush, it didn’t help when Yugyeom found it necessary to point that fact out. “He is not my boyfriend Bambam and I have not been ignoring you.” “that pretty much what you’ve done. You spent more time with him than me.” “You’re over exaggerating Bammie. Plus, Mark was sick and needed to be cared for. Don’t you think you are being too much, right now.” “Please hyung, you literally scolded all of us for talking bad about him and ran after him like he didn’t not even insult you. I didn’t know you were the type to be lovesick.” Jinyoung blushed harder and Mark shifted uncomfortably, “Yah! Is this how you talk to your hyung. Are in a rebellious phase? Oh god! You were moody enough already. What will I do now that you’ve hit puberty.” Jinyoung said over the top, giving his dongsaeng a taste of his own medicine. “hyunggggg! What are you saying?” As Yugyeom and Youngjae snickered, Bambam pouted “Junior don’t let him bother his just jealous.” Yugyeom said avoiding as Bambam tried to smack him, “It’s funny he talks about you and Mark, when he was flirting with Jackson he other day.” Bambam’s mouth dropped open, “Wahh what I did- I was not flirting with Jackson hyung!” Bambam said indignantly. Junior winked at Mark, “Oh My God! My Bammie is growing up, teasing his hyung. Getting a boyfriend, oh my I guess it’s time to give you ‘THE talk’! Goodness, growing up faster than his hyung! I should talk to Jackson about this too.” Jinyoung said acting like a mom, that is exactly when Jackson and JB emerged out the kitchen startling Mark and Jinyoung, who didn’t know they were here. Bambam looked like all the color drained from his face as he screeched, “OMG! HYUNG STOP IT!!!!!” Bambam was mortified but Jinyoung wasn’t about to let his brother off so easily, “Jackson just the person I wanted to talk to, you better not defile my baby brother.” Jinyoung said mocking sternness, Jackson turned red and was a sputtering mess. While, JB, Yugyeom, and Youngjae found the whole situation hysterical. “Hyung!” Bambam cried out mortified, Jackson regained function of his mouth and seriously approached Jinyoung. “Junior, I Promise I will would never defile Bambam-ah. I’ll be a perfect gentleman; you can trust that. I will give the utmost respect to him, if you give me your permission to take him on a date.” Jackson said seriously bowing to Jinyoung, Jinyoung was taken back by Jackson’s seriousness, but smiled at Jackson genuine reaction. “As long as it is not a school night and you bring him home at 11 pm, I will permit it, don’t forget he is my baby.” Jinyoung said patting Jackson’s shoulder, Bambam was flushed red and ran into his room, he wanted to die in embarrassment and refuse to come out no matter how hard Jackson pleaded, much to everyone’s amusement and Jackson’s despair.

                “I really should have listened to Junior; Bambam makes Jackson look like a saint.” Mark groaned out exhausted, he never felt so embarrassed in his life and Jackson’s is his friend, the worst part of it was that he wasn’t mad at Bambam’s accusations. He felt giddy thinking about the fact of him and Jinyoung being boyfriends. “God! Neither one of these brothers is good for my mental health.” Jinyoung looked at Mark worried, he knew his brother and Mark’s personalities weren’t going to be compatible. JB walked into class and went up to the two before class started, “I’m surprised you actually let Jackson take Bambam out on a date.” “Well, I promised myself I wouldn’t be the over bearing parent and forget I am also Bambam’s hyung. I trust Jackson, he bluffs a lot but so does Bambam, I actually think they’ll make a good couple. However, I do think we are all in for a roller coaster ride with those to being together. But as long as Bambam is happy, I am happy.” JB looked at the other wonder how he balanced those two roles and made it look easy. “So, Mark you seemed really quiet when Bambam called you Junior’s boyfriend.” JB said smirking, teasing his friend. Mark picked up his head and glared at the other boy, “I suggest you go to you seat Jaebum, class is starting.” Mark said ready to kill his best friend, Jinyoung sensed Mark’s bad attitude rising. “Ahh JB hyung, you should sit down the teacher is coming soon.” Jinyoung said reinforcing Mark’s point, minus the underlying threat that Mark had though. JB knew not to push the older boy too much and went to his seat smirking. Jinyoung placed a hand on Mark’s back rubbed it soothingly. “Hyung, you get worked too easily. If you don’t react they won’t tease you.” Jinyoung said trying to calm Mark. Mark just lessened the intensity of his glare and placed his head down on the table and Jinyoung moved his hand upward from the back of Mark’s back to his neck as if he was petting a puppy. Mark hummed out to the other, as a way of saying to continue doing that, “You know Bambam is just kidding, don’t let his teasing effect and he’ll get bored.” “I guess you have practice, you seem to control him well.” “Well, I am his hyung can’t have him lose respect. I really think his going through a rebellious stage though, he keeps forgetting that he needs to keep his respect for hyungs and sunbaes. I know he wants to get closer to people, but he needs to watch his mouth before gets him in trouble. I don’t like seeing him hurt but sometimes I think if I let him get a beating when he talks out of term, he’ll learn quicker.” Mark chuckled, “I can’t believe you’re entertaining the idea of allowing your baby brother getting a beating. Seeing how you worry over him.” “well, I am not saying I’m going to watch him get beaten to a pulp, I’ll stop it before it gets too serious. However, I am not always going to be there to bail him out and his mouth will get him into trouble one day.” Jinyoung sighed going back to his mothering nature. Mark sat up and propped his chin on his hand, “I’m sure he’ll grow out of it. I used to go looking for fights to ease my own insecurities when I was his age. When he gets more experience he’ll learn, though letting him fight his own battles for once is not a bad idea. It also doesn’t make you a bad hyung, he needs to stand up for himself without the reinforcements.” “I know. It’s just I can’t bear to seem him in pain. Plus, he is so skinny. I worry for his safety if he were to hold his own in fight.” “It’s all part of growing up.” Jinyoung didn’t have time to respond, when the teacher walked in the class. 

                Jinyoung spent a good part of the class thinking about his conversation with Mark. Class was over and Jinyoung was still seated not making moves to pack up. Mark was already out of his seat when he realized Jinyoung didn’t get up as of yet. He looked at his roommate and saw his completive look, he put a hand on the other’s shoulder “You know dwelling on what you should do will not make it any easier. You know him better than anyone else, but you were right when you said parents can always get it right, they just have to do what they think is best. You are his parent, and although you know how things will turn out. The more you prevent it the more you just put of the inevitable because nothing will make him change if he doesn’t want to or see there is a problem. Some people need to experience things to get an understanding of life, you know who he is but that doesn’t mean he knows that.” Mark said helping the other pack up his stuff. Jinyoung took in what Mark said he didn’t have time to process it yet, but did get out of his thoughts. “Thanks hyung. I got to go to class see you in English.” Jinyoung and Mark left, as they left the class room the found that JB was waiting outside the door for Jinyoung. “Finally, I thought we going to be late for class. Later Mark hyung, I’ll take care of him for you, for now.” Mark thought that Jaebum was teasing him again, but he saw the seriousness on his face. Mark nodded knowing that Jaebum knew there was something going on in Jinyoung’s mind. “Later” was all Mark said before taking off. JB and Jinyoung walked off to AP Korean Lit, “So, what’s the got the model student distracted in class. That he didn’t even raise his hand to help out the teacher, hmm” JB said looking at Jinyoung as they sat down in their seats. Jinyoung looked at JB, “I just…thinking, well maybe over thinking at this point.” “Want to talk about it?” “Maybe later but for now think I should just let it be.” “Hmm. If you can control it maybe you should try harder, but if ultimate if it’s out of your control, that probably the best thing you can do.” Jinyoung let out a resigned chuckle, “What’s the matter?” “Nothing, it’s just Mark hyung told me basically the same thing, I guess you two are right.” JB looked at the other lightly intrigued, “Really Mark hyung gave some advice. Actually, I am quite surprised he actually was able to observe that your mind was somewhere else. He didn’t look like that he even paid you any mind during class.” “Mark hyung is actually more observant than he lets on, he might be the most observant out of all of us. He may be silent, but he very aware of what is going on around him and listens well. Seeing as he is always listening and pay attention, he probably is the most of aware when some else if off than their usually demeanor.” Jinyoung said making JB feel slightly insecure in his friendship with Mark, he told the other boy that he considered him one of his best friend’s. However, Jinyoung seems to understand Mark more than him and they have been friends for day. While Jinyoung has only known Mark for a week. Jinyoung saw the JB’s face muscles tighten up and hand on is tight and squeezed. JB looked at the other, “Mark is used to not showing anything because he is good at observing others, it makes it easier for him to shield himself away from others. It not your fault that you can’t understand him well. He makes it that way intentionally, but don’t worry he is slowly changing, but he is changing and you and Jackson are one of the reasons why? So don’t go and get all dejected now, you’re a good friend. The fact that you feel remorse for something that you have no control over is proof of that.”

                 


Author Comment

This is actually 1 of three chapters i've rewritten, but like this chapter's title over thinking has been something i've been doing. I'm not sure if the other two are actually the direction I want to take this story in. So I might scrap them, everything must have meaning and ties to other chapters,  i'm not sure if the other two chapters i've written fall into those requirements. So, we will see later on today how feel about them. I'm might upload them all today or my get rid of them competely and not use them at all.