Acceptance

It Will All Be Alright

Jinyoung finally stopped teasing Zelo, who still had a pout on his face which left a smile on Jinyoung’s face. Mark put a hand on Jinyoung’s back, “Are you okay? You usually don’t act so scary with your dongsaengs.” Jinyoung looked at Mark and gave him a soft smile, “I’m disappointed. We didn’t expect Junhoe to be thankful or grateful towards us but I was hoping he would at least he values Hanbin’s feelings and realize his action aren’t acceptable.” Jinyoung sighed, he knew you can’t help everyone but he really didn’t like having to give up on people. However, he knew he couldn’t continue to help someone who did want help. Mark knew Jinyoung well enough by now, the younger is more than disappointed and is still worrying about Junhoe.

 

“You did what you could for him, both you and Zelo. However, what you both did the right thing there is helping someone and then there is enabling them. He is rude and has a serious attitude problem, he doesn’t seem to want to change it either. He is lucky he has Hanbin and you two have put up with his attitude. There are more people in the world like Bobby if he doesn’t face consequences for his actions he’ll never learn.” Mark said rationally as he rubbed small circles into Jinyoung’s back and addressed the two younger boys. The two nodded they did feel too great about the situation but they felt some comfort in Mark’s words knowing they did the right thing. “I’m sorry for taking up Jinyoung hyung’s time Mark hyung, I’m sure you too must want to show Mark hyung’s parents around.” Zelo apologized in English to Mark’s family.

 

Mark’s family assured it wasn’t a problem and even felt guilty because the sincerity of Zelo face looked as if he was repenting for a crime. Mark dismissed Zelo’s apology, “It is not your fault you don’t have to apologize.” Zelo looked like as if he was going to apologize again and Mark just gave him a reassuring smile indicating it was really okay. “There is more work now. My parents aren’t coming and I choose to fire Junhoe right now. You shouldn’t even be here hyung. I took up too much of your time, you and Mark family should go and explore the school.” Jinyoung frown, “No, this is too much work for you alone you’ll be here past closing doing this by yourself.”

 

Zelo smiled, “It’s alright hyung, I have to take responsibility for Junhoe action and I also told Mina to go with her mom. I’m not letting you stay here hyung, you know I’m just as stubborn as you are, so it’s better you just give in to me.” Jinyoung was going to dispute with him but Zelo cut him off. “I hear your hyung is here too, isn’t better that at least one of us gets to enjoy time with our family. I will be really upset if you waste this time you and Mark hyung have in the library, I gratefully take your place. Don’t you think it’s unfair to everyone else whose parents couldn’t make it?” Zelo felt bad using the guilt card on Jinyoung but he’d feel worse if Jinyoung spent all his time here working on his day off.” Jinyoung could say anything because Zelo was right, he sighed “I’m not happy about this! You better make sure to eat lunch and if you are still past closing time doing work you better text me!” Jinyoung said reluctantly.

 

Zelo smiled that he was successful, “Please take him now before he changes his mind and make sure he is nowhere near this building Mark hyung!” Mark looked at the tall boy bowing to him, “are you sure you can do all this by yourself?” Mark asked a little hesitant to leave the boy alone to do all this work by himself. “I’m fine hyung!” Mark sighed Zelo was too much like Jinyoung personality-wise, the boy was also selfless for his own good. Mark wanted to say it was fine they didn’t mind waiting but he and Jinyoung were already getting shooed politely out the door as were the Tuan family. Everyone was a bit baffled, “I think that was the most polite and apologetic way to get kicked out of a library.” Joey commented a bit in a daze of what just occurred. Jinyoung just pouted, “He is too stubborn and kind for his own good,” Jinyoung said. Mark snorted, “Your one to talk!” it was unbelievable to Mark how Jinyoung could see the similarities between the two and shook his head.

 

Tammy looked at the two boys in front of her smiling brightly, it been a while for her seeing Mark act like this. She is very protective of Mark both her and Grace are because they have basically raise him for their parents. Mark has more of a bond with them then their parents, she was worried about him especially with him being a foreign country. Her and Grace knew something had to have caused Mark’s bad behavior when he was younger, but they were in college and they moved out from home during the time. Grace and Tammy discussed it when their parents had told them about it but they said nothing happened to cause the shift Mark’s behavior. They all thought it was puberty but when Mark agreed to move to Korea with Nichkhun, Tammy and Grace worried if something happened that his parents didn’t know about. Their parents are convinced it was just puberty because when his Korea all the bad behavior seemed stop.

 

Mark seems much happier and less angry now and Tammy is sure that has something to do with Jinyoung. Even seeing Mark worry about Jinyoung’s friend in the Library show how more socially aware he has become. Tammy really likes Jinyoung not only because Mark seems to like him so much but because he seemed very understanding towards Mark. She has missed seeing her baby brother happy, like genuinely happy. “Hey, Mark!” Tammy called out towards the boy in front he turned around and looked at her, “yeah?” “I need to go use the bathroom is there one nearby?” Mark looked at her confused, “We aren’t the far from the restaurant, the closest bathroom is back in the Library building.” “How about you guys go on to the restaurant and Jinyoung you can take me to the bathroom!” Tammy said excitedly, Mark's eyes narrowed finally understand Tammy’s intention.

 

“Sure, I can take you.” Jinyoung said obviously to Mark’s glare at his sister, “Mark hyung you can take your family to the restaurant.” Mark couldn’t believe Tammy noisiness or Jinyoung’s obliviousness. “We can all go it is fine,” Mark said faking a smile to his sister whose grinned fell instantly which cause Mark smile to turn into a smirk. Grace found the whole exchange amusing and Joey just shook his head at his older sister. She really didn’t act like a mother of two children, Joey would say a high school girl would be a more accurate description of her. “Mark hyung you can’t have these two princesses walking back and forth all the time they must be tired.” Jinyoung said crouching to Maya and Leila, “Hey, Oppa is going to take your mom to the bathroom and meet you guys at the restaurant okay?” Maya frowned and Leila nodded in understanding, “okay but I’m saving you a seat right next to me.” Maya saying not happy about having to let go of Jinyoung’s hand.

 

He smiled at her, “Perfect! There is no better seat than that.” Maya smiled and giggled at his answer not traces of the frown that previously occupied her cute face. However, it seemed like the frown found its way to Mark’s face, the older boy knew it was stupid but he felt a little jealous about Jinyoung’s answer. Jinyoung looked at Mark saw is frown, Jinyoung chuckled and shook his head, “You need to learn to share Mark hyung”. Mark’s frown deepened, “Stop being likable so I don’t have to unnecessarily share you.” Jinyoung didn’t actually Mark would say anything, “Mark are you jealous a little girl?” Grace snorted, she could believe how much Mark has changed. Mark blushed he did realize he said that in English, having to go back and forth between languages confused him. Mark turned around quickly pulling his nieces, too embarrassed to look at his family. The last thing he needed was for them to see him blushing too, Grace and Tammy already had enough ammo with his little jealous outburst to last a year worth of teasing.

 

Jinyoung and Tammy were walking to back towards the library but Jinyoung stopped halfway on there was and sat down on a bench. Tammy looked at Jinyoung confuse but the younger smiled at her and pat the seat next to him, signaling her to sit down next to him. “Jinyoung is something wrong?” Tammy asked wonder why Jinyoung wanted to stop to sit down, “I should be asking you that no? I mean I assumed that you didn’t need to use the bathroom seeing as you asked the Maya and Leila if they need too when we were in the Library. I figured you wanted to talk to me without out Mark hyung.” Jinyoung raised an eyebrow towards to Tammy but still held a soft smile on his face. Tammy was stunned she thought that Jinyoung was just being helpful when she said she needed to use that bathroom. “So noona, what is it you wanted to talk about?”

 

Tammy giggled, “I guess I’m not as subtle at all.” Jinyoung just smiled and sat silently waiting to hear what she wanted to say. “Nothing is the problem, I just wanted to talk to you without Mark around. You know Mark is really someone who worries about thing that aren’t address towards him. However, he seems very careful and cautious with you, it is actually refreshing to see him attentive of others people. I guess I have you to thank for that, I love my little brother but if I’m being honestly he is usually keeps to himself. I’ve been worried about him for a while but I probably am just a worrywart that my baby brother. Joey is the youngest but Grace and I practically raised Mark when he was younger. We worry the most about him, especially with him being in a foreign country. I do feel a lot of relief to know he has you and other friends that look after. I just wanted to thank for showing me the happy and brighter side of Mark, it been a while since I’ve seen him.”

 

Jinyoung shook his head, “You don’t have to thank me, I’m thankful for you letting him come here. I’m sure that must not have been an easy thing to do for you, I know the exact feelings you have. Bambam and I have been alone for a while, Bambam is my baby brother but I do have a paternal link with him. I’ve basically raised him, the only person Bambam has had as a parental figure was me since our parents past when he was so young. Mark hyung has also help me to break a certain shell I put myself in. I should thank you for raising him right, Mark hyung was definitely not as friendly as he is now but he has always been a good person.” Jinyoung smiled at Tammy.

 

Tammy felt her eye water, she didn’t expect to be this emotional but it was hard for her and Grace. They raised Mark and he was the sweet most caring child growing up, but when they left home for school Mark change and started to behave, unlike the Mark they knew. Grace and she felt like they failed Mark and their parent because they must not have cared for Mark enough or taught him well enough. It hurt them to hear people talk badly about Mark or hear their parents compare Joey and Mark. She knew that Mark was still the sweet boy that she knew, she would see it when he talked with his nieces, grace, and herself. It felt comforting and relief that someone saw the person Mark was and not the harsh exterior he put up. Jinyoung saw Tammy’s eyes watering, “Noona, what wrong?” a concerned look made its way onto Jinyoung face.

 

Tammy sniffled and shook her head, pulling herself together, “Nothing, I’m just so happy and grateful. It hurt me to know that people only saw the surface of Mark, he isn’t a bad person or rude like people perceive him to be. He may have strayed off for a while but has done well for himself for a while now. Yet, sometimes it feels like he doesn’t get enough credit from himself or our parents, I’m just happy that at least he has good friends around him that see the good person he is. All every want is for Mark to be happy and I just wanted you to know that I’m fully supportive of you and Mark’s relationship and even if you two don’t end up work out, I hope you guys could be great friends still. However, I’m really rooting for you guys even if you guys get opposition from other people. I really happy that Mark has really good taste in people, I’d tried to be supportive of anyone Mark picks but I genuinely am happy he pick someone like you.”

 

Tammy smiled at Jinyoung holding his hands, “I always worry about Mark even though he has been doing well but there is always this feeling in my gut that he isn’t truly happy but recently he has been seeming more alive and when he looks at you I can see that genuine happiness.” Jinyoung wiped the stray tears that fell from her face, “Noona, don’t cry I promise you no matter what happens I really appreciate the friendship Mark hyung and I have. I will always do my best to be there for Mark hyung, don’t worry too much me and the other guys will always look after him. “Thank you, it must just be my protectiveness as a mother but for a while now I felt like Mark has been holding on to something that is hurts him. We are close but Mark is really skeptical about sharing things about himself. I know trust Grace and I but he doesn’t like to worry us and he doesn’t let anyone in, not even Nichkhun. I good to no he has you, I’m sure I’m paranoid but I feel from time to time that there is something stopping Mark from coming home to use other than school. Our parents say it puberty or and that his a teenager that he must like being independent but I can’t shake this feeling there is more.”

 

Jinyoung listen to Tammy vent, he knew the feeling well, the two of them have similar situations. She feels the same sentiments for Mark that he feels with Bambam. There is always this protectiveness and constant worry about the other, it isn’t something that goes away when you raise someone there is a sense responsibility to make they are always alright. “I know that feeling trust me and there is no reason physically or surface wise but this gut feeling. It isn’t my place to tell you about Mark hyungs feelings, I’m sorry but I can’t assure you that it your feelings aren’t incorrect. I think that is difficult for Mark right now with all of you here, there is more than just him being awkward around you guys because it been a while. However, I can tell you he is doing better dealing with and the fact that he is willing to be around you guys despite is feeling is him trying to move on. Mark is trying hard to be the best version of himself, I worry for him too but he needs to sort things out in his own way. I know it hard but just trust Mark hyung to handle this on his own terms. I can assure I will do my best to help but Mark hyung really loves and that is one the reason he is willing to be around your family.” Jinyoung explained he know how hard it is to feeling like something is wrong but have no answer or some answer, which is the only reason he is telling Tammy this.

 

Tammy sighed sadly, “He still has some unresolved feelings about the things that went on before he left doesn’t.” Jinyoung stayed silent but Tammy understood, “You know my parent really think that nothing happened but with Mark’s drastic change I knew something had to have happened. My parents aren't as close to Mark as they are with Joey or even us, they were working all the time when they had Mark. With us, they had no one to look after us so they had to work and look after us but with Mark they had us and we took care of him. They love him but it is different they don’t him or personality because they didn’t get that time with him. Mark had a hard time with it too but he always understood that and loved our parent. I don’t know somewhere along the way they had a misunderstanding it hurts to see them have such a strained relationship. I’ve tried but I don’t know what to fix, I guess your right Mark is grown up now I can’t continue to think of him as a child. Your right I need to let him deal with things is way, Grace tells me I have to let go she said it hard for her too but Mark is his own person and we need to let find that person.” Jinyoung pulled her into a hug, she hugged him back as she composed herself. “Thank you for listening to me, I guess we should head back now. No one stays in the bathroom this long.

 


 

 

 

Everyone stared at Wooyoung when they thought couldn’t be shocked anymore it was like Pandora’s Box just open. Junsu was stunned he thought he kept that secret close to his heart, he told no one about it. “How? You knew?” Junsu said looking lost, “I thought at first I was reading too much into things at first. I mean I was going through a situation with Nichkhun hyung and I was projecting my feeling on to you so it didn’t feel like I was alone. However, I was sure later on that it was the case. You didn’t look like you wanted anyone else to know, I figured you weren’t out yet and I didn’t want force you to come out to me.” Junsu faced morphed from stunned to regretfully and embarrassed look. He had accused Wooyoung of only prioritizing his feelings and being selfish, not caring about their feelings. However, Wooyoung did the most selfless thing and even accepted the harsh words from him.

 

“Wooyoung-ah, I’m so sorry! I’m sorry, you don’t deserve the harsh words I said and I implied you only thought about yourself. I-” “Hyung, its okay. I know you only meant to look after Taecyeon hyung and I was someone who hurt him. I get it but hyung don’t you think it’s time you told him about how you feeling. It’s been a long time, how long are you going to pretend? I left for you too, I hoped you’d at least come out and tell him Taecyeon hyung about your feelings. “Junsu looked down, he could look the younger in the eyes he felt so embarrassed he is supposed to be the hyung and he was only acting like he was still in High School. Taecyeon had to be the most surprised it was enough that he met Wooyoung, his one-sided love for years. Now he finds out that his best friend for years has been in love with him for longer than he loved Wooyoung, his best friend he didn’t know was gay up until now. “Junsu?” Taecyeon called out with a puzzled look on his face, but it there was another thing in addition to the puzzlement that Junsu couldn’t grasp.

 

Junsu couldn’t bring himself to look at Taecyeon’s face, it was the first time in forever that he couldn’t identify what was going in Taecyeon’s head. That was what scared him to death, the uncertainty of how Taecyeon would react to the news. He knew that he isn’t homophobic, he was fine with Junho’s and Chansung’s relationship. Even after the two of them came out to them Junsu was scared to tell Taecyeon, he thought that their relationship would change. Chansung and Junho are their friends but it was different with Taecyeon and Junsu, they were closer to each than other guys. They slept at each other’s houses, shared each other clothes, slept together in the same bed, and for goodness sake, they changed in front of each other. However, they all those things under the premise of them being best friends with platonic feelings for each other, at least that was the impression Taecyeon was under.

 

Before Junsu knew that Taecyeon had feelings for Wooyoung he was scared to tell him not because he thought the other was homophobic but he thought their relationship would change. That Taecyeon would feel uncomfortable doing the things that they normally did with each other because now Junsu he knew Junsu was gay. However, even after Junsu found about Taecyeon’s feeling for Wooyoung he was still wary to tell the older that he was gay. Junsu thought Taecyeon would come to him and tell him about his crush but he never, he didn’t even tell Junsu that he was gay or bi. Junsu told himself he’d work up the courage to tell Taecyeon if the other told him but the other never told him. He knew should’ve told Taecyeon the very least that he was gay but he could never get the courage because if Taecyeon decided to tell him about how much he loved Wooyoung it’d kill him.

 

Junsu knew he couldn’t keep silent forever although he really wished he could, “Taec-” “No”. Junsu looked at Taecyeon scared, “You, why have you never told me?” Taecyeon said with face that show impatience and Junsu realized he was suppose respond to the question. Junsu tool a deep breath, “How can I just tell you that? You know better than anyone else what it like to love someone who won’t love you back. You never told Wooyoung, you know why I didn’t tell you.” Junsu said try to get Taecyeon to understand him.

 

“No, you don’t get to do that. Wooyoung and I are to different things.” Taecyeon said stubbornly. Junsu felt a little wronged, “How you is it different? You knew he liked some else and that he didn’t like you. You were scared of what he would think if you told him that things would be different.”

 

“It’s different!” “How?!” Junsu yelled frustrated, “Because I didn’t know Wooyoung for as long as I knew you. Wooyoung isn’t my best friend, Wooyoung isn’t you! You two are different people, I don’t know him as well as I know you or as well as I thought I knew you. I could tell you anything and not be scared of you’d accept me.” Taecyeon yelled.

 

Junsu looked at Taecyeon frustrated, it wasn’t fair it was the same thing and on top of that Taecyeon was comparing him and Wooyoung again. “”I know! I’m not Wooyoung, I’ve lived as you best friend forever wanted to be more but I knew I couldn’t be I was Wooyoung! You never told me you like him or you were gay because so obvious we are the same because you never told me thing either.” Junsu yelled out mad at things whole situation.

 

“You idiot! I thought it was obvious I was gay! Plus, I didn’t tell you about Wooyoung because you are best friend and you would have resented him for hurting me. He didn’t do anything wrong because he is obligated to love. You really are , you should’ve told me I would never hate you or hurt you intentionally.” Taecyeon yelled but spoke softer at the end.

 

Junsu fight left his body, “Wooyoung is on a #1, you still love him. If I told you it won’t have changed and you feel guilty.”

 

Taecyeon sighed walked to Junsu, “Idiot, You aren’t Wooyoung and you will never be him.” Junsu teared up and looked away, but Taecyeon held his face his hands and wiped away the tears. “I will always love Wooyoung he was my first love but I always knew he I couldn’t have him. I feel in love with him after I knew he love Nichkhun. Wooyoung, I loved him and still do but as dongsaeng, he was my favorite dongsaeng and I never wanted him to hurt. However, I accepted for a long time now that all I can have him as is a dongsaeng. He left me and I survived, I could live without him, I’m glad I don’t have to anymore but I got over it the hurt because of you. You were always there for me and I could never live without you! That why you are different, I never entertained the idea of you being my boyfriend because if we broke up I would lose you, I don’t ever want to lose you. However, if you told me I would’ve tried because if you wanted to be more than I would take the risk to make you happy. You idiot! It not a hard thing to love you, I’ve done it all my life. If you told me sooner, I would’ve done this sooner.” Taecyeon said right before kissing the other.


Author comment

Sorry for leaving for so long again but I really just have the worst luck, I got writer's block and when I finally got inspiration. I spilled coffee on my computer and it need to be fix and it finally got fix, the people kept telling me knew promblems that arose that delayed the time they needed to fix it. Finally, i'm back! I probably should start a new story but I figured if I get writer block again on this one at least you'll have the other story. So i'd appreciate if  you check it out, it will be called, College Days.