Free Me V (Seungho, Mir, Sanghyun)

MBLAQ drabble

"What's with all the chaos?" Seungho stepped out of the pantry specialized for the prison warden when he heard noises as if someone was involved in a fight. Most probably another gang fight in between prisoners but he was still curious. Plus, it was his job after all.

        After he got into the hallway, he almost went straight towards the back of the building where there was slightly wide field for prisoners to play games or hung out for about two hours when he stopped as he realized the noises came from the opposite direction, specifically one of the room where the prison head used when he had inquiries with the prisoners in here. Seungho approached one of his co-worker who stayed guarding outside the door, raising one brow to the man in uniform.

        "It's a new program." The man with a Junhyung nametag fixed perfectly on his left chest said once Seungho reached his side. "Sir Jihoon thought this could bring some consciense to the prisoners."

        "What program?" Seungho frowned when he finally decipher the loud noise as angry cry and string of curses from a man, probably young from the sound of the voice.

       "Let the family of victims or victims themselves to face with the criminals."

       Seungho gasped slightly. That was a mental torture for the victims. Or even victim's family.

        "I doubt it will left much effect on the subjects. They don't have heart. Otherwise, they wouldn't have done what they did." Junhyung said, wincing when he heard long wail came from inside the locked room followed by breathless sob and another cracked voice yelling to return back the victim to him. From the words 'my noona' it was obvious the victim was the crying man's older sister. "I can't hear this anymore. Can we shift?" Junhyung asked, looking burdened.

        Seungho nodded with a kind smile and watched as Junhyung left before he opened the door to peek an eyes into the room. He didn't know why he would be surprised to see Mir in the room, sitting on the chair and both hands cuffed behind him to the chair.

        The head prison was standing at the far end corner of the room, watching, scrutinizing.

        A man was crying before Mir, face flushed red and tears wetting his slightly chubby cheeks. His breathing was laboured and it almost seemed as if he was already tired out after all the angry yelling. 

        "She was the only family I had." The man said tiredly in raspy voice, cracked and wavering almost stuck in his throat. "Dara Noona..." That name almost too heavy to speak about as the man's facial features scrunched up in pain. "She never hurt anyone. She never... She had the kindest heart I ever known. How could you kill someone like her?"

        Seungho found himself staring at Mir who had kept his eyes on the ground, heart jumping at weird expectation for any kind of response from Mir. A criminal whom Seungho could never figure out and he was intrigued. As if there was something more to that killer. As if... there was... A hell inside that boy's eyes. A frightening view yet brought so many questions up from Seungho.

       Yet, no answer came and from the man's next word, Seungho figured Mir had stayed quiet the whole time.

        "Say something..." The man breathed out. "ING SAY SOMETHING!"

        Seungho felt a taste of words urging on his tongue, trying to escape his mouth. Words to order Mir to apologize or maybe even show a bit of remorse. Or any some sort of feelings yet Mir kept his mouth shut, sitting there like a frozen potrait.

        "I think that's enough Sanghyun-shi. You shouldn't push yourself too much." The head prison finally voiced out, escorting still crying Sanghyun towards the door and Seungho pulled the door open wider, bowing to the leader.

        At the doorframe, Sanghyun turned back, throwing Mir his last words. "People- Ani! Thing like you should just disappear!" He seethed with eyes burnt with intense hatred and he left.

       " subject back to his cell." Jihoon gave the order to Seungho who accepted obediently and left after Sanghyun.

        "I wish..."

        Seungho raised his brows at that small whisper he sure came from Mir. "What do you wish?" Seungho asked yet Mir stayed quiet. So, Seungho asked the same question again but there was still no answer. Mir didn't even look up at him. He sighed and brought Mir back to the killer's cell. On the way to the cellar, he asked another question, "Why won't you say something to him? At least apologize."

        Yet, Mir stayed quiet the whole journey back to the cellar. A weight of silence Seungho felt crushing his chest. If Mir didn't speak, he felt restless, as if the thirst for the answer was almost unbearable. Mir was an unfinished puzzles he was now obsessing over.

        "If I disappear, would I be free?" Mir spoke again once Seungho had locked the barred door of the cellar and he stayed at the same spot, afraid of moving, afraid that Mir would stop talking, so he held his breath and waited. "Ani... I'm still shackled... I don't want to be forgiven. I don't want to see the light he had once showed me. I'm fine with darkness. I always had. I don't want to see any light. Not again."

       And Seungho was again left to wonder, who was that 'he' which Mir always mentioned. No name. Just 'he'. And each time Mir spoke, there was real hell in his eyes. A hell where a soul was trapped and tortured forever. An endless unspeakable pain exposed on that lonely soul. Mir's soul.

        And each time, Seungho's mind would echo with words that only he could hear as he stared at those brown eyes. Though this time, a complete opposite words echoed in line with the first. It didn't make sense to Seungho. Just like Mir himself. He didn't make sense...

        Free me... Cage me...