Thirst IV (Mir, Joon, GO, Sanghyun, Seungho {mentioned})

MBLAQ drabble

A year had passed since the first time Mir had met Sanghyun, officially to be precise. And Sanghyun had literally saved him from the hell, bringing him to a heaven or at least that was what Mir thought.

      When he had fainted in front of Sanghyun, he thought he felt warmth around him and when he finally opened his eyes, he was on a very soft and comfortable bed in a large luxurious room, clad in a clothes that weren't his.

      Out of curiosity, Mir had ventured out of the room and was fascinated by every little details in this luxurious mansion. Even the portraits handing along the long hallway, the expensive vases, the antique craving on the rails of the stairs leading towards the living room downstairs.

      Mir had frozen at the last staircase when he saw a man sitting on the couch in the middle of the space, reading newspaper with reading glasses hang low on the bridge of his nose.

      That was Mir's first meet with GO, Sanghyun's caretaker, which was also his care taker since a year ago. Mir climbed down the same stairs, crossing over the living room towards the kitchen.

      There, in the kitchen, GO was setting up the breakfast on the round dining table with Sanghyun waiting impatiently like a kid yet didn't try to touch any of the food until GO gave the word.

      "Morning, Mirreu!"

      Mir jumped a bit at Sanghyun's loud morning greeting. A year has passed. Yet he still didn't feel like he belong here... He belong nowhere. But since he had nowhere to go to, he stayed. He stayed with these two strange people.

      Why he said they were strange?

      These two people were nice to him. And it was strange to Mir. It was unthinkable to Mir to even imagine someone could treat him kindly yet these two were scarily tender and warm to Mir. And... Truth to be told...

      He was scared.

      He wasn't used to being treated nicely. He was a monster after all. But then again, these two were the same as him. These two thirst after blood just like him. Maybe because they were all monsters... But GO and Sanghyun didn't seem like monster. There were too kind, too gentle, too sweet to be a monster.

      "Mir, morning. Did you sleep well?" GO greeted. His greet were way gentler compared to Sanghyun. He was like the mother Sanghyun and Mir both didn't have.

      "D-de." Mir answered timidly, shuffling towards the table, sitting opposite to Sanghyun who was smiling brightly at him and started eating only when GO gestured for them to.

      They ate comfortably, Mir mostly being silent while Sanghyun and GO conversed about their next task given by the master.

      Still, until now, Mir didn't know who the master was. All he knew that, the master was the one supplying their daily necessity including this mansion and even monthly blood supply to feed their thirst all for a price of them having to go out on dangerous task on defeating those dangerous criminals. But it was hardly dangerous to them as they weren't like any other ordinary human being.

      "So, are we on tonight?" Sanghyun turned to Mir.

      Mir choked slightly at the sudden attention he got, coughing only to have his back being patted gently by GO.

      "Slow down." GO tenderly reminded.

      "Uh... Uh... I-I'm sorry. I wasn't urm... Listening." Mir casted his eyes on the half empty plate.

      "It's okay. Basically, there had been some reported missing case at a city in Busan. I think it happened every month. And the only similarity is that, the night of people disappearing was always during hunting night." Sanghyun explained.

      "Tonight is the full moon." GO chipped in.

      Mir nodded. "The victims... Are they like us?"

      GO shrugged. "I'm not exactly certain. We, after all, didn't mingle with others out of this mansion. But if we meet with similar ones as us, we would recognize them immediately."

      "Just like I did with you." Sanghyun winked to Mir.

      A small smile tugged on the corner of Mir's lips. A sincere one which he rarely showed and a smile he never knew always comforted both GO and Sanghyun whom had cared deeply for his well-being. Like a real family. After all, they only have each other...

      "So... How?"

      "How what?" Mir blinked his large eyes innocently, calling an adoring pet on his head from GO.

      "Tonight." Sanghyun said, rolling his eyes playfully.

      "Y-yea. It's fine with me."

 

###########

 

And that was how they ended up here. GO had went first since Mir and Sanghyun both got held back by their classes at school and also the class duty they had to finish for the week and also having to keep Seungho's pestering at bay.

      When Mir and Sanghyun finally reached the place they had promised to gather at, it was void of people. GO was not in sight. But it wasn't hard to search for the older because it seemed that Sanghyun had an ability to locate the older vampire, probably because of the bond they shared when GO turned dying Sanghyun into a blood-thirsty creature like himself.

      Now, standing in front of the abandoned warehouse. It didn't seem suspicious at all from outside but as they broke the rusty rails on the window and got inside the building, they were shocked with the view inside the wide space warehouse.

      There were some sort of fridge, with see-through glass door sealed by strong metal chains wrapped around and around them. And inside... Were people. No. They were vampires. Just like them...

      There were only two of those creatures in the fridge but there were no telling there weren't any previous telling. Most likely, there were, just dead and buried or dispose with one way or another.

      But what kicked them into worries was that, one of the two vampires was GO, frozen in the fridge-like case.

      "HYUNG!" Sanghyun tried to break the glass. Tried to snap the chain. No use. Even with their superhuman strength, there were still things they couldn't overcome. And one of them were silver.

      Mir just watched from side, unable to move. He was scared. He was terrified. His insides were twisting in all direction. This was just like... His mother... His past... Locked up. All alone. Waiting for his unknown fate until all he could hope for was no longer freedom, yet death in his immortal life.

      "ARGH!" A scream from Sanghyun snapped Mir out of his trance. He saw every seconds as Sanghyun fall on the floor, holding his bleeding shoulder.

      Silver. It was a silver bullet.

      Mir's eyes flashed into scarlet color of madness. His eyes flashed towards the shooter. It was a man. Not much younger than GO. His hair was raven and his bang cover one of his almond eyes. He was draped in all black with leather jacket around him but Mir could still see splotches of blood on the man's clothe.

      In the man's hand was the gun which had vomit the silver bullet. In the man's other hand was the heavy metal chain which was the exact same chain like the one sealing the case.

      Vampire hunter!

      Mir's mind was telling him to run away while the man was distracted by Sanghyun but his heart told him otherwise. He chose to follow his heart.

      But he was still a baby. He was still inexperienced. He was still too young. Even with his sudden attack, he only managed to land a few blow on the man before he was being pinned down on the freezing floor.

      Mir didn't have superhuman strength like Sanghyun. He was stronger than most of ordinary human but not by much. He didn't know the reason but GO had told him that he was probably subconsciously sealing his strength deep inside him for he was afraid of hurting other people. GO told him that it was good for him. But now as a pair of hands was choking him, crushing his throat, he thought that maybe GO was wrong.

      Mir was drifting in and out of consciousness. And that was when those words pushed through his quivering lips. A tear finally rolled down his eyes, breaking the promise he had made to himself. "Umma... What did I do wrong?"

      The force choking around Mir's windpipe loosened and Mir could see the blurred silhouette of the vampire hunter still looming over him, straddling him but no longer choking him. His dark eyes, instead of flashing with spite and anger and grudge was now filled with confusion as Mir's teary sad eyes met with him.

      "What are you?" The vampire hunter asked in a hushed voice. "Y-you are supposed to be a monster. You're supposed to be strong and... Dangerous..."

      "Umma... Mianhe. Whatever wrong I did, don't leave me. I'm scared. I promise I'll behave." Mir kept on rambling, already not registering his surrounding, only his dark past kept on filling his memories. His voice child-like as he relived his dark history...

      There was no way out...

 

###########

 

"Mir! Mireu! You're okay!" Sanghyun threw himself unto Mir once Mir's large eyes fluttered opened with gleeful smile on his face.

      "Your shoulder." Mir whispered weakly, strangely remembering everything that had happened clearly. That was one thing he hated about himself. It didn't matter if he wasn't in his right mind, his memories stayed clear no matter the situation hence why he could never escape his dark past.

      "I'm fine. It healed by itself once GO hyung removed the silver bullet." Sanghyun said. "What about you? How are you feeling? Do you need blood to restore your strength? I could grab a bag. GO hyung wouldn't mind." Sanghyun chatted on and on.

      "Sanghyun. It's probably better if you let him have a rest." GO was suddenly already at the door, shaking his head with soft smile.

      "That man..." Mir asked with small voice.

      GO and Sanghyun exchanged a look but they answered honestly anyhow. "He's in the basement. We will give him to master Rain tomorrow. Rain is at London right now, so we can't get a hold on him." GO explained.

      "No." Mir said standing up from the bed and running out of the room. GO and Sanghyun were right away on his heels.

      "Mir, wait! Where are you going?" Shout Sanghyun from behind.

      Mir ignored the two older and yanked open the door leading to the basement, literally jumping down the stair and stopped right in front of the vampire hunter.

      The vampire hunter seemed to have taken quite a beat and was tied to a chair. The man lifted his head to meet Mir's eyes. His dark eyes sharp and cold and... There was something similar in those dark orbs as in Mir's mother. There was... Something. Something which Mir never understand before but somehow, he had now.

      "What? Going to finally kill me now?" The man asked darkly once Sanghyun and GO stood next to Mir.

      "Let him go, hyung." Mir said suddenly, surprising both GO and Sanghyun, even more, the vampire hunter.

      "What? What are you talking about?" GO frowned.

      "He's not a bad guy. He's just... Scared. Just like umma. She was scared of me. That was why she locked me in a room. That was why she tried to kill me. That was why she abandoned me..." Mir said, all the while, his eyes never left the stranger's eyes. "He's just scared. Like her."

      "You-" The stranger bit the inside of his cheeks. He stared up at Mir with mixed feeling. Storm of emotion rushing past him without stop. He had sworn to erase the existence of the vampire on this earth. He had sworn to avenge his family by getting rid of each and every vampire and he never hesitated before. But this kid. This vampire in a form of a teenage boy had installed doubt in his heart. And even if he was released from his bound, he doubt he would have it in his heart to kill this vampire.

      Something told him, this vampire has suffered more than he had...

      "Fine... If that's what you want."

      "What? GO hyung! No!" Sanghyun tried to stop GO but with just one look from GO, the younger backed down.

      While loosening the bound around the vampire hunter, GO spoke. "You might have reason why you want to kill me and my kind. And that reason must have been a strong one. But remember one thing. Your kind is not the only one who had suffered under my kind's hand. My kind..." GO pulled away, putting his arm around Mir, pulling Mir closer to him. "My kind had suffered under your kind's hand as well. Don't think that only vampire is the bad side. Human could be much more cruel."

      The vampire hunter didn't say anything but through the whole time, he kept his eyes fixed with Mir's, watching the hell resided inside those orbs.

      "Go. Before I change my mind." GO gave his final words.

      The vampire hunter took a few more seconds before he started towards the door. He paused for a moment. "What's your name?" He asked, eyes were back on Mir.

      Mir blinked. "M-Mir." He answered.

      "I'm Joon. One day, our path will meet again, I'm sure. But at that time, I would be hesitate to kill you."

      "You!" Sanghyun snapped but was held back by GO.

      "When that time comes, don't hesitate to fight back." Joon said and left.

      Mir stood there, unmoving until his two hyungs enveloped him in a warm hug.

      "When that time come..." Sanghyun spoke. "I will not fail again in protecting you." He assured.

      And for the first time after this whole year, Mir felt like belong here. With his two hyungs.