Like a Bird (Mir, GO)

MBLAQ drabble

GO shouted out loud, letting all of his frustration, his anger and his sadness in one long loud shout. When he finished, he thought he would feel better. He didn't. All those mized feeling riling inside his chest now burst into form of tears streaming down his cheeks as he sobbed pathetically.

          Why? Why did his parents transfered? Why did he came to this so called developed city to just being looked down. He didn't hope to make friend with any of those rich kids but he would be grateful enough if they just leave him alone instead of torturing him like this. Insulting him for being a son to mediocore parents, scrambling his table at school with words such as 'beggars', 'die', disappear and all of the other words that now burnt in the back of his memories.

             He missed living at the countryside where all of his friends were of the same level of him and they were all like on big family and now, all of sudden, he was alone. And bullied.

              "You're going to hurt your throat crying that much."

              GO gasped, lifting his face in time to see a small boy, probably a few years younger than him was sitting on the swing, the metal hook creaked with each swing as the boy smiled softly at him. GO narrowed his eyes. The boy was clad in whole white clothes and his hair looked golden under the shine of the street light of the park. What kid dyed their hair? This must be another arrogant rich kid in this neighbourhood.

               Pushing himself off the slide, GO stood up once his foot hit the ground and tried to leave the park. It was already late in the night after all. Not that he was concern that his parents would worry about him going out in the middle of the night. Those parents of his was too busy with work to even realize whether he was home or not. But he had school tomorrow so he needed to get back and rest.

               "Aahh~ Going back already?" The younger boy whined and dig his soles into the ground, skidding the swing to a halt as he stared up at GO with wide brown puppy eyes. "Boring~" He jutted out his tongue at GO and grinned right after. "Come on. Play with me for a while." He whined again, bouncing a bit on the swing.

                 "It's late. You should go home." GO said, his voice sounded slightly rough.

                 "Told you, you'd lost your voice crying and screaming like just now."

                 "No. You told me I'd hurt my throat." GO corrected.

                 A set of soft chuckles past by GO like a cold breeze and sound of rustling leaves. A sound that somehow calmed the bubbling anger and unfairness inside GO. And GO was put under the spell. He walked to the swing and sat on the empty swing next to the boy, eyes never leaving the boy.

                "I'm Mir."

                "GO."

                "I know."

                GO tilted his head slightly. "You know?"

                 Mir nodded, his fluffy golden locks fell over his large eyes. "I always saw you and your classmate came to play here. And you're always alone."

                 GO's lips twitched and the anger came back. "So, you're going to ridicule me for being a lone? Just like them?"

                 "No no no no." Mir shook his head frantically. Looking truly panicked that GO cool down again. "I was just saying, that I saw what happened and... I don't like it." Mir pouted and swung again. "You're an amazing person, they shouldn't do those kinds of things to you."

                 GO sighed. He wrapped his finger around the cold chains holding the swing up and pushed himself to match Mir. "I'm just a poor kid they don't want in their school." He muttered sadly, head hanging low. When he heard a thud, he looked up, worried that Mir might have fallen off the swing but was surprised to see the boy in question was standing in front of him, bending slightly to level his eyes with him.

                 Flashing up his bright smile, Mir said, "To me, you're richer than any of them could ever know."

                 GO blinked stupidly before a smile cracked up on his face. This kid was adorable. "What do I have for you to say I'm rich?"

                 Mir shrugged and pointed to GO's chest. "My answer exactly." He cooed.

                  "You don't even know me."

                 Mir pulled away from GO and sat back on the swing. "I told you I have been watching over you. And will always be." Mir assured. "I'm sure one day, you'll have a friend that will make you even richer." Mir pointed to his own chest. "Here."

                 "That is not useful in this kind of world. Rich means money."

                 Mir pouted, his delicate features contorted into disapproval. "You became a dollar less when you said that." Mir grumbled. "Be yourself and you might not see it but other people will one day see how much you worth."

                "Then... Do you want to be my friend?" GO asked shyly.

                 A guilt flashed across Mir's face. "I wish I could." He whispered sadly. "But don't worry, I'll watch over you until the friend you have been dreaming for will come for you."

                 GO felt his nerve snap. "Liar! You're just same with the others. You don't want to be friend with me because I'm poor!" GO stomped away but he stopped halfway, thinking back to what Mir said. Mir didn't want to be his friend, but he love talking to the younger boy and for the first time since he moved from his old hometown, he didn't feel alone. Hesitantly, he shuffled back to the park only to find it empty, void of any soul. GO sighed... Now he lost a new companion. When he wanted to turn and head home however, his eyes caught something lying around the swing Mir had played on just a few minutes before.

                   A curious boy he was, he went to the swing, crouching down and was surprised by the white fluffy feather scattered around the swing in circle. He picked up one and stared at it in shock.

                   Was that... An angel?