You did well ("I'm a director too" cast : Mir, Nara, Henry, Soojin, Eddy, Subin)

MBLAQ drabble

Sorry if I get some names wrong. I just felt like writing this weird uninteresting drabble after watching how the cast members of 'I'm a Director too' praise Mir a lot. And they made Mir happy. Which made me happy.

Then, I remember how awkward Mir look when he was put in the spotlight and Mir said he didn't used being praised, he usually get criticized during MBLAQ INTERVIEW MIRROR in Kan On.

GO said he was the same too and told the camera that Mir always thought he did something wrong when other people start applausing him. (T^T)

Aww, Mir... Of course people would praise him. Because he deserve praises and compliments...

You Did Great! Always do!

"Waah~ You really can act!" Henry patted on Mir's back once the break from the filming was announced.

                Mir smiled awkwardly but didn't answer and just watched as Henry walked passed him, towards Soojin and Eddy who were spending the short break with some light snack and cool drink. It was kind of hot in Singapore.

                Mir looked behind. He was sure no one was filming. If it was during the filming, then Mir would have understood the compliment but now, no one was filming or even watching. There was no need for Henry to praise him that way. Or... Maybe Henry was just getting into his character as the Director.

                Whatever... Mir didn't feel like thinking. At least not in this hot weather. So, he walked up to the three to get some water to drink, offering a smile at Nara who was sitting with one of the cameramen, probably trying to learn some more about making a movie. Nara smiled back at him and Mir raised his thumb towards the diligent girl.

                Once he was standing just next to Soojin, the small lady hand him a cold drink which he was really grateful with. "Wah~ Nice!" Mir exclaimed once he dunk almost half the bottle in just one shot. "I felt like sandpaper in my throat before."

                Soojin smiled softly. "You did great today." She said, taking Mir off his guard.

                Mir blinked. Did everyone agreed on having exchanges of praise? Okay, fine by him. "Eyy~ You did well. As expected from our director." Mir said with a grin.

                "Your acting is so natural." Henry piped in, looking at Mir with his eye-smile. "You really should give a try in acting. You'd do great just like now."

                Mir slightly frowned. To him, that praise was kind of... overstatement. Okay, maybe he was good at acting now that he gave a try since he didn't feel as embarrassed as he thought he would and it was all turn out to be a good fun. But he never thought he was even near as good as Henry was stating. Decent? Yes. Great? No.

                "Mir oppa, you have talent in directing as well." This time, it was Subin, appearing out of nowhere. "I mean, you made it all fun back then."

                "Yah! What about me, then? Am I that bad?" Henry sulked.

                The others laughed except Mir who still had this deeply-thinking-look on his face as he was kind of crept out that everyone was praising him even when the camera wasn't rolled.

                "You're good too. But your way of directing is different from Mir." Eddy said, finally spoken up after keeping silence and observing. "Like Subin said, Mir made it fun to shoot and he was a really cute director. You, on the other hand was strict when needed and seemed reliable to everyone."

                "Well, that's a good thing, right?" A grin spread across Henry's lips. Henry turned back to Mir. "See, Mir. You did really great!"

                Mir flinched, his face darkened ever so slightly. "I'm sorry." He said with small voice.

                The others' smile all fell at Mir's unexpected reaction. They didn't know. They didn't know that Mir wasn't used to people praising him. He mostly got reprimanded or criticized or something along the negative line at almost everything he did. He rarely got a face up praise when no camera are rolling. And he had been convinced that it was him who did lame at everything. The only person who had ever sincerely praised him was Seungho. Seungho was MBLAQ leader. Of course he would praise each and every member when they did good and scolded them properly if they did wrong. That was why Mir only believe the praises that came from Seungho. Sure, his family did praise him too. But, family didn't count.

                Mir had spent his whole career life trying to gain recognition. He stepped into this world of entertainment with inside help from his brother-in-law and a lot of people think that he wasn't talented and just rely on the connection. And soon, he did believe it himself that he wasn't talented. But he tried his best to perform well. He always did. It just... never seemed to be enough. Others were always better than him... He was scared. This world was too harsh for him. But he was even more scared to leave this world because this was the only world he could live even if it was a harsh world. A cold world where everything he did with be judged harshly.

                And usually, when he heard people telling him that he did really great, his mind immediately translated that as the opposite of its meaning which meant he did really bad and those were just some sort of sarcasm. He truly believed that he was being criticized yet once again.

                "Hey, Mir, why are you apologizing?" Soojin asked, hand touching lightly on the distracted lad's arm and she frowned when Mir flinched away and keep his head down.

                "I did bad, didn't I? I'm sorry, I really give my best." Mir said, bowing down 90 degree. "Just tell me what do I have to fix. I'll try."

                Mir's words and action drove the others into confusion. What were Mir even saying? No one said he did bad. Why would he think that way?

                "Mir oppa." Subin called. "You did really well. No one said otherwise."

                "Yeah, Mir." Henry draped his arm around Mir, trying to cheer up his suddenly sad hoobae with his encouraging pat on the shoulder. "When I said you did great, I really mean it."

                Mir frowned even more, his mind still couldn't process it until Nara's voice half-shouted for him. "MIR! I NEED YOU HERE!"

                Mir lifted his head to see Nara was waving at him, beckoned him to go there, where she was sitting at. He then turned his gaze to the other four. "She... said she need me?"

                Eddy offered a small smile, nodding his head. "We all need you Mir."

                Mir grinned. Maybe these people were really sincere. Maybe he really did great. He should get used to it. To being praised. Because this time, he really did well. Otherwise Nara wouldn't have said she needed him. And his heart fluttered at the thought.

                "Mir! I said I need you." Nara suddenly was standing behind Mir, pulling on Mir's wrist. "Can you help me like yesterday? I feel much better if you're with me."

                "Of course." Mir said with bright smile. He felt it. He heard it. Each word Nara said was a compliment to him. She said she need him. She said he made it better for her. So, he must be doing something right if he could make someone feel better.

                Maybe what he really bad at was in term of self-esteem. He should have listen when Seungho and GO told him he just need to be confident. Because he always did well...