Wish for the End IX (OT5)

MBLAQ drabble

Again, Mir was staring out of the window from his bed, totally ignoring the other four presence in his room. The snow was melting and the spring was approaching. The wound on his arms and wrists had healed but his heart was still bleeding. The last conversation between him and Sanghyun was the last time any of his hyungs had heard his voice. He hadn't given them the privilage hear his voice no more. He had kept to himself. Keeping his mouth clamped shut just like the door to his heart. He shut all of them out of his world. He locked the door and built a wall none could climbed over.

          "I don't like it." Sanghyun voiced out, eyes staring at Mir, hoping the younger would look back to his way. Or giving him any little sign that show Mir was still here. With him. With them.

          "What?" GO asked back, eyes glancing away from the book in his hands only for seconds before he shifted to get more comfortable on the couch, even letting his legs resting across Seungho's laps despite the leader trying to push him off before giving up with an annoyed sigh.

           "That we have to tie his hands." Sanghyun continued, his brows gathering closer in a disapproving scowl.

            Joon who had been drinking coffee while revising his drama script glanced up from his seat on the floor with his back leaning against Seungho's legs, interested in the conversation just like Seungho now.

            GO sighed. "I don't like it either but..." He trailed off, finally sitting up from his lying position. He glared at the bandana wrapped around Mir's scarred wrists, tying them on the bed side rails. "If we don't do that, he'll hurt himself again." GO's voice wavered. He pinched the bridge of his nose in distress.

              "But, we could try to release him. Tying him down won't help him. He'll feel caged." Sanghyun reasoned. "He's hurt, hyung. Doing this will just hurt him more." Sanghyun stood up, ignoring the stare from the three oldest and went out of the room. "I need some air." He announced, not turning back as a tear trailed down his cheek.

               "It's been almost a month. Maybe we should take Cheolyong out." Joon suggested after a moment of silence. "Maybe that'll help him."

               "Even the psychologist couldn't do anything." Seungho cut in. He stood up from his seat, slightly pushing Joon out of the way and took a few steps until he reached Mir's bed. "He shut himself inside his own world." Seungho held out his hand and let his fingers combed Mir's long brown tresses. "I feel him but I know he's not here. We can't do anything. We can't help him. We can't. We don't have the power." Seungho shut his eyes before his tears could escape.

               "He's drifting farther away." GO added.

               "And? You'd do nothing? You'd let him drowned deeper? Let him being taken away from us?" Joon challenged, his hands clenched into fists. "Isn't it our job to bring him back? Why are you giving up?"

               "We're not giving up!" GO denied. He smiled bitterly. "I wanted to give up. Oh hell, I want that! To just give up on him and let him do what he want but I just can't! That's why I'm still here! Bearing all the pain! I never leave, not even once. Even when ran away, I chased after him. Even if he hurt me, I hold onto him and you dare say I'm giving up?" GO shot up to his feet, hands grabbing Joon by collar. "You don't know how much I go through just to make him stay by my side."

                "We're not doing anything! We just watch him fall further! Not doing anything is just the same with giving up!" Joon half shouted.

                None of them spoke after that, only laboured breathing was heard until the door was opened again and Sanghyun rushed in. "What? I heard arguing. Is everything okay?"

               GO pulled away from Joon and plopped down on the couch weakly. "Nothing..." He spoke softly.

               A gasp came from Seungho and the other three looked towards the leader's direction in confusion. They got confused even more at the surprised look across Seungho's features as the leader stared down at Mir and their eyes followed after and it surprised them to see Mir snuggling into Seungho's palm like a little puppy Mir was before. They even thought they might hallucinate due to exhaustion and mental stress but it was real. And they saw a ghost of smile on Mir's chapped pale lips and how Mir's long eyelashes fluttered above his half-lidded eyes.

             "The flower... Is blooming." Mir whispered and the other's heart started to flutter. Mir spoke. Mir finally spoke again after almost a month keeping silence and life seemed to shine from his brown orbs again. "Hyung... That tree..."

              "Y-yes?" Seungho stuttered, taking a seat next to Mir on the bed, his shattered heart being fixed in just a second as Mir's looked back into his eyes, acknowledging his presence. How easily Mir broke his heart, it was just as easy for the maknae to fix it back.

              Mir threw his gaze back to where he had been staring these past week without a stop. "Out there..."

              Seungho glanced back at the other three, seeing all of the three was stunned to silence, totally not expecting the sudden change on Mir. Only after a while that the three men approached the bed, taking a seat, crowding the single bed but Mir didn't seem to mind as kept his eyes glued on the window.

               That piqued the other three men's interest. They had been watching Mir staring out of the window but none of them ever question on what was Mir been staring at. They just thought that Mir simply staring but not watching. Just an empty stare but they were proven wrong. Mir was watching something.

               Out there, there was a tall huge tree. Since it was still wnter, the three have no leaves on and seemed dead but something made it alive. A small peach pinky colored flower was fragilely hanging on its thich almost dried branch. A blooming flower.

                "It keep on blooming." Mir whispered fondly. "I thought it was the end for it when the last leaf fall. But when winter past, the flower bloom again."

                 Seungho, Joon and Sanghyun looked back to each other, suprised, confused, happy, overwhelemed and more feeling stirred inside them and they just can't seem to understand Mir but GO did.

                 Well, GO always did. Even when all five of them close with each other, it always seemed that GO and Mir was a bit closer together and somehow GO and Mir could understand each other easily. Just like right now.

                "When it ends... There's always a new beginning." GO smiled to Mir, scooting closer to the maknae and pulled the knot on the bandana to release the maknae. He was scared to do this because Mir had been acting this way before. Mir had been down and suddenly liven up again but then Mir crashed even harder but this time, he wanted to hope that it was different. That Mir was really coming back to him. To them. And never leave again.

                "Everything around it die..."

                GO shook his head. He scooted closer and leaned his chin over Mir's shoulder and reached to the other side, releasing the tie onto Mir's other wrist. "They are just sleeping."

                "So, I just need to wake up?"

                GO sighed in relief, hugging the maknae from behind. "Yes. Wake up. Open your eyes and look around you. Really look."

                Mir blinked and just like GO had told him to, he looked around him. He looked at Seungho and saw the gentle smile on Seungho's lips. He looked at Joon and saw the nervous smile the older cracked up. He looked at Sanghyun and saw the relieved smile streched across his features. And he looked at GO who pulled away a bit from him, smiling with tears in his eyes.

                "What do you see?" Joon asked hesitantly as he waited until Mir finished looking around with what seemed to be in slowest motion he ever see.

                 Mir smiled again. "I see that maybe I'm not alone."

                 "You are never alone." Seungho said, taking Mir's hand into his and gave a small tug and the maknae complied, leaning in for a hug. "So please... Don't ever hurt yourself again."

                Mir closed his eyes and buried his face into Seungho's shoulder, whispering a broken, "I can't help it."

                "Then we will help you." GO went to the hugging duo and let his own arms wrapped around the two figures. "If you feel powerless then, we'll lend you our strength."

                "Me too." Sanghyun said, joining the hug.

                "Me three." Joon chipped in.

                "Instead of wishing the end... Why don't you wish for a new beginning?"

                 He was hurting. He still is. But a new beginning doesn't sound bad...