Wishing for the End VIII (OT5)

MBLAQ drabble

Sanghyun had been all smiley when he received a call from Joon and had answered the phonecall with cheery voice and a big grin despite knowing Joon couldn't it but the all smiles were obvious enough in his voice. But it took only second for his face to drop and his heart to sink. Just one sentence and he felt the whole world around him froze.

          "Cheolyong is in ____ hospital."

           Sanghyun had reacted quite typicaly as he let out a stiff robotic laugh, accusing Joon of playing prank on him. Why would Mir be in the hospital? That childish maknae hated hospital. And he wouldn't go for his life unless someone dragged him there. And Mir was. Mir was. Mir was supposed to be fine. To be healthy like always. To be smiling like always even though he wasn't there by Mir's side for the longest time ever. Right?

             Deep down he knew, Joon wasn't joking. He heard the tears inside Joon's sad voice, tired sigh. Mir was in the hospital and from the sound of it... Sanghyun swallowed, feeling the lump forming in the back of his throat. From the sound of it, it was... Bad. Really bad.

              That was why it took Sanghyun quite a while to gather back his composure with help from his caring sisters and finally, after half the day, he finally pick his own mess and headed to the said hospital but again, his already weak heart wavered again, threatening to shatter when he saw Seungho sitting with head down in the hallway, Joon right beside the MBLAQ leader, trying to calm the older man down. As he was getting closer, his heart did shatter.

                Seungho was crying.

                Seungho never cries but now the leader was sobbing pitifully, tears flowing out like a broken dam while Joon was hugging him, comforting him yet even Joon's almond eyes were wet with tears.

                 And Sanghyun's heart started gunning.

                 Bad... Something really bad had happened to his dongsaeng, to his happy maknae, Mir...

                 "H-hyung..." Sanghyun croaked out, surprised his voice barely came out and he cleared his throat, inhaling deeply and tried to make his presence known but even before he could do that, the door to the room was opened and GO came out with dark clouds all over him.

                 The main vocalist could only took three heavy steps away from the door closing behind him when he collapsed and Sanghyun rushed to the older in seconds, kneeling by GO's side and helped to lie GO's head onto his lap. Sanghyun patted the older's cheeks softly as Seungho and Joon started gather around GO's limp figure.

                 "Hyung. Byunghee hyung. Wake up." He tried but there was no response so he resorted to increase his volume and shook GO's frame until those pair of eyes finally decided to flutter open again and the slightest smile of relief came upon Sanghyun's face. "You okay hyung? Let's sit there first." He helped the older up while Joon helped Seungho back to the waiting chair along the hallway.

                 "Do..." GO started, voice so weak and raw it made Sanghyun worried. "Do you want to go in and check on him?"

                 "Aaah... Yea, I guess." Sanghyun answered hesitantly as he glanced towards Joon and Seungho.

                 "Doctor told us to in one by one. Doojoon went in just now but couldn't stay long. Dongwoon was... Dongwoon needed him." Joon explained when he saw questions in Sanghyun's eyes. "And... Seungho hyung is not ready yet." Joon bit his lips, eyes drifting down to the floor. "I don't think I'm ready as well."

                  Sanghyun exhaled, almost gasping for air. What was this? They were not supposed to scare him like this. He was the youngest among them. Shouldn't they comfort him instead of scaring him this way? Shouldn't they just say Mir was fine and he'd be fine and that nothing too bad had fallen upon Mir... That Mir would always be happy and healthy and... Alive...

                   "T-then... I'll go in first." Sanghyun whispered, stepping towards the door and laid his hand on the knob but he was damn nervous. His heart was beating so loud, he couldn't hear anything other than those repeatetive thumping on the back of his ears. What? What should he expect to see so he could brace himself and prepared this vulnerable emotion of his?

                    Turning back to glance one last time at the trio on the couch, he heart only pumped faster. Why were they mourning so much? Mir was alive, right? Mir was fine, right? His maknae was fine... Right?

                     Inhaling deeply, Sanghyun took a moment of silence as he plucked up his courage and turned the knob, pushing the door open slightly. His eyes went straight to the frail figure on the bed. Mir. And somehow his heart calmed back down. Mir was alive... That was good.

                     Now, feeling a little bit lighter, he went to the chair by the bedside, sitting there with a tentative smile. Mir was having his head turned to the other side, and Sanghyun didn't know whether Mir was awake or not. His eyes trailed down to Mir's bandaged forearm and reached to place his own hand tenderly over Mir's. His finger's curled around Mir's hand as he felt how cold the maknae was. And he frowned when he saw there was a strand of clothe, a bandana, trying Mir's wrist to the bed side rail. Why would they tied Mir up?

                     "Cheolyong-ah." He called out in the whisper, his voice competing with the beeping of the vital signs monitor set standing on the other side of the bed. "You're sleeping?" He asked again, still in a whisper.

                    Mir moved and Sanghyun's hold on Mir's hand tightened. He straightened his back and cracked a gentle smile on his lips specially for the maknae but his smile wiped out when Mir finally turned his head to look at him.

                    Mir's eyes were so sad, looking up at him as if he was pleading for something as if he was begging for help, screaming in pain without voice. Those eyes looked much older, Sanghyun was so taken aback that he jolted away from the maknae slightly and his hold on maknae's hand slightly loosened.

                    After a short moment that felt so long with them just staring at each other, Sanghyun finally snapped out once Mir lowered down his sad brown orbs and now was looking at their holding hand. "Cheolyong..." He called out again. "What happened?" He asked.

                   Mir sighed, curling his fingers slightly around Sanghyun's warm hand. "You should ask what didn't happen."

                    "What do you mean?"

                    "The end... The end that I really desperately wish for... I still can't get it..."

                     "The.... End?"

                     Mir strared back at Sanghyun, unbeknowingly stabbing deep inside Sanghyun with his sad gaze, desperately asking for Sanghyun to end this for him yet only through eyes as he knew he won't be able to turn those pleas into words because he knew, if he did, then he's destroy these people around him. Just as much as he wanted an end, those people, Seungho, GO, even Joon and Sanghyun wouldn't want that for him.

                     But he still wish for that. For someone to just end this pain... To end all of it...