Lovely maknae IV (Sanghyun, Mir) : Seungho, GO, Joon mentioned

MBLAQ drabble

Sanghyun wasn't the kind of boy who got angry easily. He was laid back than most of people and sometimes, he even wondered what should they get angry about?

          But, today, he was quite angry.

          Reason?     

          Well, Mir.

          There had been a few times he had invited Mir out for a meal together, trying to close the large gap between them as the maknae line of the group. They were close in age, not even a year gap but they were the most awkward one with each other. And Sanghyun didn't like that.

          But it almost seem that it was only him who was trying to close the gap between them. Mir? The maknae barely care about him and Sanghyun wouldn't be surprised if one day he got to know that the maknae wasn't even aware of his existence in the dorm or even in the group.

          Okay, well, that might be too exaggerated but he was so not happy with Mir. Mir seemed to care a lot about other hyungs. Heck, Mir always accompany Seungho to eat while with Sanghyun, the maknae never once went out to eat together with Sanghyun unless there would be at least one of the three oldest hyung together.

          Mir would always play around with GO, horsing around together although sometimes Mir looked quite rude towards GO because of their rough games, Sanghyun knew well Mir care a lot about GO. Heck! Just like a few nights ago that he caught Mir dozing off on the floor just by GO's bedroom door, waiting for the main vocalist to finish his schedule. Though Sanghyun hadn't really had a solo schedule that dragged until 3 to 4 in the morning, he would have be happy if Mir would at least recognized him at home when he came back from somewhere instead of focusing on the television and only spare him a short glance as if Sanghyun was just a passing breeze.

          Not to mention how clingy Mir with Joon. Joon was nice. The nicest to Sanghyun out of the four other members. But... Joon was also weird. One time he was all sweet and nice, other time, he was almost close to dangerous. Not that Sanghyun blame it on Joon, knowing Joon's health record. Poor guy. But Sanghyun still wasn't happy seeing Mir all clingy to Joon despite being shoved away so harshly almost everytime. Sanghyun was known to be gentle but why the hell would Mir want to make himself suffer by sticking to Joon's side instead of him.

          Sanghyun shook his head. Ugh! He sounded like a jealous wife. But really! He wanted to be closer to Mir. They were going to live in the same group for quite long time in the future and it would affect the group's dynamic if they were to keep being awkward to each other.

          Just as Sanghyun was mumbling to himself bedgrudgingly, the door flew opened and enter Mir with Seungho, smiling and laughing, from the look of it, probably another stupid yet brilliant joke from Mir all at the same time.

          "Having fun?" Sanghyun raised his brow at the duo.

          Mir blinked at him from the door and whispered something to Seungho whom nodded and ruffled Mir's fluffy copper tresses before the leader left to his room.

          Mir trotted over to Sanghyun and flopped down next to Sanghyun on the floor, mimicking the older, resting his back against the couch. "What are you watching?"

          "Nothing much." Sanghyun replied, suddenly nervous with Mir and him alone in the living room and was actually starting a conversation.

          "You should just pick one channel, hyung." Mir chuckled, a bit dizzy with Sanghyun kept flipping through the channel.

          Sanghyun blushed and put the remote aside, settling with some random show about cats shop. It was fine with him. He loves cats.

          "Okay, hyung. Tell me, what's wrong?"

          Sanghyun side glanced at the younger, restraining himself from pouting because that would make him look like a brat and Mir would treat him as if he was younger. Another thing he didn't fond of this noisy little guy beside him. "Nothing." He muttered.

          Sanghyun could felt Mir's stare towards him but he was successful in stopping himself from looking back but that was until Mir stood up again, offering a hand at him. "Let's go out to grab a bite."

          Sanghyun frowned but still took the maknae's hand, being pulled up to his feet almost too easily. "You already ate."

          Mir nodded and laughed. "Twice actually. Since Byunghee hyung just took me out for lunch before I met Seungho hyung at company and have to go out eating again."

          "Then? You're going to eat again?" Sanghyun asked curiously.

          "Well, rather than seeing you sulking." Mir shrugged, handing some random jackets to Sanghyun, most probably the leader's jacket. "I'm sorry hyung. It's not like I don't want to go out with you but you have to understand my situation. I'm the maknae and it's quite tiring being the youngest."

          By that time, they were already in the elevator, heading towards the cafe which Sanghyun had been bothering Mir about. "You could just say no."

          "Like I said, I'm the maknae."

          "What? Too scared to say no?"

          "Well... I'd like to think I love you guys too much to say no."

          Sanghyun clicked his tongue as Mir's words enter his mind. "Then, you don't love me enough. That's why you always push me away. Last night, when I was trying to chat with you, you just shut me off and slept."

          "Aww, hyung~" Mir clung onto Sanghyun's thin arm. "No. Not like that. I love you, hyung. But you're the most understanding hyung among the others. You're the most relaxed. You're the most patient and cool. That's why I thought, you wouldn't mind much. I like you so much, hyung. Maybe more than the others."

          Silence... Sanghyun blinked his eyes like an idiot. Most understanding? Well, he was just about to beat Mir up for ignoring him but it seemed that his assumption was wrong. Mir was just too tired having to spare attention between Seungho and Byunghee and not to mention Joon.

          "Hyung. You hear me?"

          A shook on his arm and Sanghyun smirked at Mir. "Are you confessing?"

          Both of them erupted in laughter.

          "I guess I have to add another one to the list. You're definitely more fun than I thought." Mir said cutely, blinking up in admiration at Sanghyun.

          "So, all these time, you thought I'm dull?"

          Mir scrunched his nose up cutely. "A bit."

          "Aisy! You makdung." Sanghyun pinched on Mir's nose.

          Sanghyun thought, okay, maybe he got the idea why the other hyungs sometimes fussed over the maknae so much. Most of the time, yes, Mir was overbearing and he wanted nothing but to smother Mir under a pillow but sometimes... Mir was just lovely and having his company was like having a shot of vitamin water. Mir knew well how to comfort others and knew well the right time for it.

          "Being a maknae is hard." Mir said melancholically.

          "Yeah, if Changsun hyung started to demand a lunch session with you, you might end up bloated by the end of the week.

          "Oh please no."

          Them together... Didn't feel awkward anymore. And Sanghyun was more than happy.