Choices (OT5)

MBLAQ drabble

since I really miss five BLAQies^^... So here some Angsty OT5~ (quite a lot of Joon and Sanghyun here, lol. Just want to try writing other members, well other than my ultimate bias cute puppy Mir more) *bricked*

It was a shock. Joon felt the time slowed down around him as his mind tried to process the shock that just numbed him rigid. When he slowly able to register his surrounding again and his brain was starting to work properly again, his eyes drifted away from the source of his shock and towards Sanghyun who was standing just next to him. Sanghyun was shocked too. At least, that was what Joon think of seeing the widened eyes of Sanghyun and the thin lips slightly peeled open, gaping in silence.

    Of course they would be shocked. Just in the middle of the cafe, sat three members of MBLAQ. Seungho sat at the seat nearest to the window and had his crooked hat on him and was just wearing casual white shirt and jeans while GO was sitting next to the MBLAQ leader, a round black hat on his head and he was wearing a thin black cardigan over his black thin shirt with the same yet darker tone of jeans.

    Another figure was sitting opposite to the two older members of MBLAQ, hoodie pulled up to cover his head. Though, the man was having his back facing both Joon and Sanghyun, the two former members of MBLAQ could guess easily that the man was the MBLAQ maknae, Mir.

    Sanghyun finally looked back to Joon, brows slightly furrowed together as he used silent eyes gesture, asking, what would they have to do now? They had come to this cafe to celebrate Sanghyun's release of second solo full album, and the last person they would expected to ran across, was MBLAQ. But, then again, they did deliberately choose the cafe they used to frequent as a group when they were still in MBLAQ which was now remained as one of their precious memories from years ago.

    "We should go and greet them. It would be rude to ignore them." Joon finally said, half whispering as they still stood still at the entrance of the cafe, legs suddenly felt heavy to step into the cafe.

    "B-but... Maybe we should just go to another cafe while they still aren't looking this way." Sanghyun whispered back, face painted with worries. Worries on the acceptance of MBLAQ if they so boldly went up to the trio. Not after having cut off the contact for almost ten years. They didn't even try to contact the MBLAQ members after hearing the news of the three being released from army. They didn't have the courage to...

    "I think they noticed us already." Joon said, rather doubtfully. MBLAQ though, seemed not to notice, not even glancing their way, but MBLAQ could also pretending not to notice the presence of the two former member of MBLAQ. Joon hope it wasn't the later.

    Joon grabbed on Sanghyun's elbow, pulling the younger with him as he gathered his whole courage to approach the trio who seemed to be deep in their own discussion. And he felt his heart beat faster with each step he took and his palms started to sweat in nervousness.

    Seungho was the first one to look up once Joon and Sanghyun stood just next to their table, both wearing the same nervous timid smile.

    "Oh, hi there!" Seungho greeted cheerfully... Much to Joon and Sanghyun's surprise.

    At Seungho's outburst, even GO and Mir looked up to the two unplanned guests and offered the two former members a copy paste friendly smile while Mir bowed politely since he was the youngest there as he greeted Joon and Sanghyun.

    "Hi..." Joon greeted back, slightly relief though not fully as his heart still racing in his chest. "It's been a long time."

    "Yea, what are you guys doing here?" Seungho started the conversation easily while GO just watched over them and Mir seemed more focused on his drink and a book on the table, twirling a pen in his hand.

    "I promise to treat Sanghyun for a meal. He just released his second album." Joon explained.

    Seungho nodded. "Yea, I heard. But, I haven't have chance to listen to the songs. I'll be sure to listen to them soon, though I bet it would be great. It's you after all." Seungho said, still having that fatherly vibe around him. Sanghyun blushed and smiled shyly at the compliment.

    "What about you guys?" Sanghyun asked back, relaxing by seconds. MBLAQ hadn't treat them any different. No glare, no cold look, no sharp words like he thought they would face. Maybe he was overthinking. Just simply pleasant and friendly treatment. Then again, that was the strength of MBLAQ. Their kind and friendly trait towards everyone around them.

    "Nothing much. Just a few shows here and there. We haven't hang around together as much so we figure today would be great. We plan to hang out together for the whole day." Seungho grinned and slung his arm around GO who just smiled and nodded.

    Though everything seemed normal. Too normal... Something was bugging both Joon and Sanghyun. Or was that just their imagination? Something was... different...

    Gathering his courage, Joon swallowed before trying to spoke as casually as he could. "Sounds cool. Urm. Can we join you guys?" He asked slowly.

    Seungho blinked, a flash of hesitancy danced around his eyes as his orbs drifted to GO, same as Mir who had been fairly quiet and just busy scribbling in his notebook but immediately lift his head as his eyes darted towards GO when that question came from Joon.

    "Uh... Sure. Why not." Seungho finally answered.

    "I'll go get a chair." Sanghyun announced, leaving Joon standing awkwardly there, looking at Mir who still had his brown orbs on GO.

    "Cheolyong, scoot over." Seungho ordered.

    Mir chewed on his bottom lips as his thick brows slightly knitted above his brown orbs. Slowly and reluctantly, he scooted closer to the window. His movement was painfully obvious, reflecting his feeling towards Joon and Sanghyun joining their group but Joon tried his best not show how he felt about that.

    However, even before Joon could sit next to Mir, GO sprung up from his seat. "You sit here. I still have a few things to discuss with Cheolyong." He said and went to sit next to Mir.

    Joon looked back and forth from GO and Mir to Seungho but went to sit at the chair when Seungho invited him with soft smile which was slightly plagued with guilt.

    Sanghyun came shortly after, putting a chair at the end of the table. They ordered their drink and meal as they chat. But, honestly, only Seungho who was willingly talking with Joon and Sanghyun, meanwhile Mir and GO would answer a few questions with short answers and later, completely absorbed in their own world, discussing about something in the notebook Mir was still writing in, totally treating Joon and Sanghyun as if those two were invisible.

    Seungho probably saw how Sanghyun kept glancing over at the main vocal and main rapper of MBLAQ when Seungho said, "They're working on new song for a rookie group."

    "Oh..." Sanghyun breathed, pretending he understood. Though he wondered, if only both Joon and him weren't here, would GO and Mir still be so distracted by their song-making. Probably not.

    They spent almost an hour for their lunch together until Joon got a call from his manager. Since Sanghyun had came to this cafe with him, Sanghyun had to bid goodbye as well.

    The trio, just like in the beginning of their encounter had once again offered the two former members with polite smile and it almost seemed as if both Joon and Sanghyun was about to leave when Joon halted, a small disbelief chuckle escaped his lips.

    "I get it..." Joon breathed out, hurt all over his face, alarming the other four. "We're just some stranger who coincidentally are in same entertainment field as you guys."

    "Joon hyung?" Sanghyun frowned, confused by the situation and sudden changed in the air around them. It was suddenly tense. And harshly cold.

    "What are you talking about?" Seungho laughed nervously, it seemed their position was changed. It was the trio's turn to feel nervous.

    "You treat us friendly. Yes, you do. But, that's the end of it. Just a polite friendly gestures. Like you did to other..." Joon paused, his face scrunched up in hurt. "...Other strangers. There is a wall... There's always a wall. I couldn't imagine, I would be here now, on the other side of the wall, yet here I am. Now... I get it. We're nothing more than some colleges." Joon swallowed, feeling bitter taste on the back of his throat. His face scrunched up in pain. Even more when he saw Mir avoid his eyes, so did GO, confirming his words. It was true... He was right... Everything had change... Between them...

    He was almost deceived. Everything almost seemed like before. But, it wasn't. There was invisible wall between them. There was a crack, a long gap between them that he couldn't cross over. Everything really had change.

    A sigh came from Mir as he stood up. GO stood up as well to let Mir a path for the boy to leave the table. "Let's go." Mir said, not sparing even a glance towards the former members of MBLAQ.

    Both Seungho and GO obeyed as if Mir was the leader. They walked past Joon and Sanghyun without another word and that just stabbed on Joon and Sanghyun more violently that they ever thought it would.

    Sanghyun charged ahead before the trio could leave them behind, catching Mir's hand just as they were a few steps away out of the cafe. "Cheolyong-ah..." He said the name without knowing what else should he say.

    "Hyung..." Mir turned and let his eyes locked with Sanghyun's wary orbs. "You made your choice." Mir said, even when his features seemed composed and unfaze, his voice steady and calm, yet, Sanghyun saw past all that. Saw the hidden pain behind the maknae's cool upfront. "Now, it's time for me to make a choice."

    Sanghyun felt a gentle squeeze from Mir's hand before the younger pulled away from him.

    GO stepped forward, reaching for Mir hand. "And we..." He gestured towards Seungho, Mir and himself. "Have made our choice. Come on, Cheolyong."

    Mir offered that same friendly polite smile that Sanghyun now know he would hate forever before the trio left Sanghyun there, staring at their back with mix of feelings, unable to do anything other than just watching as those used to be his brothers left him behind. Farther, and farther away.

   It would have been easier to just face angry side of Mir or Seungho or GO. It was better for the trio to hate him. Shout at him. Glare at him. And Sanghyun knew he would have been happier even if any of the trio or even all three of them decided to beat him up. Because then, he would know the three MBLAQ members still care for him in a way. Care enough to even bother to have any sort of feelings towards him. Even if that feeling was hatred.

    But they choose to rid of the feeling and now, it was empty. Zero... The link between them was completely broken, leaving nothing but uncrossable gap.

    "What did he say?" Joon asked once he got to Sanghyun's side as he had seen Mir and Sanghyun's short exchange just now.

    "They made their choice."

    Both of them knew what it meant. And just like their choice before to leave the group, it seemed the three members of MBLAQ had made a choice that would drive them even further apart.

    Unreachable, no more...