// fun night out

My Best Friend's Friends

Doha sat in the middle of the room uncomfortably. Hee Ra had invited him over to her house and of course, he wasn't given an option to say no. How much he wanted to run into Joo Eun's arms right now... He looked around the room noticing how empty and neat the house was. It seemed as if nobody was living here. Hee Ra shortly returned with two mugs and a DVD in her hand. 

"Let's watch a movie," Hee Ra smiled as she the TV.

Doha silently sat there without saying a word. As the movie started, Hee Ra slowly made her way by Doha's side and linked her arm into his. Clearly uncomfortable by her actions, Doha unlinked his arm from hers and grabbed the mug sitting on the table. He noticed Hee Ra watching him with a small smirk on her face as he brought the mug closer to his face. That's when he noticed the funny scent coming from a cup full of water. Doha pretended to drink from the mug and quickly set it back down. He could notice Hee Ra constantly glancing at him as if waiting for something to happen. After a couple minutes and nothing happened, Hee Ra frowned in frustration.

"Excuse me for a second, I just need to check something," Hee Ra said as she went to the kitchen.

Taking that opportunity, Doha quickly switched Hee Ra's mug with his. Hee Ra came back muttering something to herself.

"Does this water taste funny to you or is it just me?" Doha questioned as Hee Ra sat back down.

"Really?" Hee Ra lifted a brow. "It tastes fine to me."

"You didn't even try it," Doha frowned.

Hee Ra lifted the mug up to her lips as she took a big gulp. Yes! Doha secretly thought to himself.

"It does taste funny..." Hee Ra frowned as she her lips a couple of times. When she realized what had happened, it was too late. She passed out.

"Crazy..." Doha shook his head before he quickly got up and opened every drawer...

**********

"I wonder what he's doing right now..." Joo Eun sighed as she stared at her phone.

Her phone suddenly rang and Joo Eun quickly picked it up hoping it was Doha without even looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" Joo Eun said.

"Hey Joo Eun, are you doing anything today?" the other end asked.

Joo Eun looked at the caller ID and sighed.

"Nope, why is something the matter Jinsub?" Joo Eun asked.

"Was just wondering if you wanted to hang out with me and the boys today," Jinsub replied.

"The boys?" Joo Eun wondered... maybe Doha would be there. "Sure."

"Youngdoo should be coming too, just come with him," Jinsub replied.

Joo Eun and Youngdoo were the last to get there. Youngdoo quickly ran over to the guys as Joo Eun stood there by herself. Her eyes quickly scanned the arena to find the one boy she had been waiting for, but there were no signs of him.

"Hey, you're here," Jaehyun came up to her as he held a bat in one hand.

Joo Eun felt a sense of awkwardness form around her. She hadn't seen Jaehyun since... since they kissed and she was definitely not prepared. 

"Yeah, where are the others?" Joo Eun bit her lip hesitantly trying not to sound obvious she was looking for someone else.

"If you're looking for him, he's not here," Jaehyun said.

"Joo Eun!" Inho came running towards her as he slung his arm around her shoulder.

"Inho! You're here too!" Joo Eun smiled as she felt a sense of relief.

"Let's go play some baseball, I bet you can beat Haejoon's , he's so bad," Inho chuckled as he dragged her.

Joo Eun stood in the arena with the bat nervously. She had never played baseball before and she was definitely not the sporty type. It did not help that 5 other pair of eyes were watching her. She could feel everybody's eyes on her as the first ball came her way. She closed her eyes and swung the bat. She heard a loud sound as the bat met the ball and a bunch of loud yells.

"Woo! I knew you were better than Haejoon!" Inho screamed.

"Hey!" Haejoon glared at Inho. "Good job Joo Eun!"

"You have a couple of shots left," Jinsub said as he calmed down the boys. "Keep your eyes ahead."

Joo Eun nodded as she gulped down her saliva. She had never been so nervous. She didn't want to look bad in front of the boys. She swung the bat the next couple of times, but missed all the balls to her embarassment.

"It's okay, Haejoon isn't any better," Inho chuckled as Joo Eun came out of the batting arena.

"Watch me," Haejoon glared as he stepped in with the bat.

Joo Eun laughed at the immature boys as she sat down at a nearby table. Jaehyun took the seat in front of her. Joo Eun sat there stiffly not knowing what to do.

"You don't have to be so awkward around me," Jaehyun chuckled. "Just be yourself."

"Sorry..." Joo Eun whispered.

"I should be sorry," Jaehyun patted her head. "I didn't mean to surprise you like that. Forget what happened. I want us to go back to what we were before."

Joo Eun lowered her head.

"Yah!" Jaehyun frowned. "Are you going to keep being like that?"

"I-I just don't know right now, I'm sorry," Joo Eun bit her lip.

"I know you really like Doha, and I'm not trying to take you away or anything like that," Jaehyun said quietly. "I just want you to know that I'm here for you no matter what.

"Don't do that for me, I'm not worth it," Joo Eun looked at Jaehyun in the eye.

"I'm doing what I want to do," Jaehyun said. "I like you and that's a fact. You can't change it."

"I-I-I can't reciprocate those feelings," Joo Eun stuttered.

"I know, and I'm not asking you to," Jaehyun chuckled. "Just act normal again, please. That's all I'm asking for. All I wanted was for you to know my feelings. That was it."

Joo Eun silently nodded.

"I'm not going to ask you to like me back or anything like that," Jaehyun continued. "I just need some time to sort out my feelings."

"Thanks Jaehyun," Joo Eun stared at Jaehyun. "I wish I liked you instead."

"Don't say that, Doha's a great guy, he's just going through a phase right now," Jaehyun gritted his teeth. "He'll come back to his senses eventually."

"You're a really great guy Jaehyun," Joo Eun smiled. "You're going to find a great girl in the future."

"What are you guys doing here!" Youngdoo yelled as he ran up to them. "Let's go grab some late night snacks."

Joo Eun looked at the time. It was already 8pm and the sun had set. She didn't realize so much time had passed already.

The 5 guys dragged Joo Eun to a nearby cafe as Jinsub went to order the food. He came back shortly after with a couple cups of drinks and dessert.

"Looks yummy," Haejoon his tongue as he drooled over the food.

"Ladies first," Jinsub glared at Haejoon before handing Joo Eun a cute plate.

Joo Eun laughed as Inho and Haejoon argued with each other over who was better at baseball while Jinsub and Youngdoo was trying to have their own conversation. Joo Eun shook her head at the immature two guys sitting in front of her before a figure outside the window caught her attention. Joo Eun squinted her eyes to get a clearer view.

"Isn't that... Doha?" Joo Eun said as she saw someone run away from a bunch of men.