// a changed doha

My Best Friend's Friends

Joo Eun woke up the next day with a sore body. She groaned as she got up. She looked at the clock and jumped out of bed.

"Youngdoo!" Joo Eun screamed.

"Joo Eun! You're up?" Youngdoo asked as she walked out the door.

"Why didn't you wake me up? I'm going to be late," Joo Eun cried as she hurriedly ran to the bathroom.

"I thought you might want a day to rest," Youngdoo looked at her worriedly. "Do you not remember what happened yesterday?"

Suddenly everything came back to Joo Eun. Her getting kidnapped, her seeing a bunch of big men in front of her, and her seeing a glimpse of Hee Ra's face before she out.

"Ah," Joo Eun managed to make out.

"Take a break, I'll stay home with you," Youngdoo said as he pushed her back into her bedroom.

"No, I'm fine," Joo Eun said. "I want to see Doha anyway."

"You can never stay away from him can you?" Youngdoo shook his head.

Joo Eun gave a little chuckle before she walked to the bathroom to get cleaned up. After she was done, she sat on the kitchen table as she watched Youngdoo prepare her food.

"How did I get back here yesterday?" Joo Eun asked.

"Jaehyun had to carry you back," Youngdoo paused. "You must've been really heavy. I wonder if he can even walk right now."

"Yah!" Joo Eun threw a crumpled tissue paper at him.

"Jokes, jokes," Youngdoo laughed.

"How did you guys find me?" Joo Eun asked.

"We didn't find you, Doha did," Youngdoo said as he continued cooking. "I don't know how but when we got there, nobody was there except you and him."

"That reminds me," Youngdoo continued. "Did you see the kidnappers faces?"

Joo Eun bit her lip as she went into deep thoughts. How did Doha find out where she was? She was sure she had seen Hee Ra's face right before she out too. Did Doha and Hee Ra team up together to kidnap her? But then what would be the point of that? Also, Doha would never do that to her... right.

"How did Youngdoo find me?" Joo Eun asked.

"I don't know, he received a text message and the next thing we knew, he flew out the door," Youngdoo shrugged. "We followed behind him without him knowing and when we got there, nobody was there."

Joo Eun immediately frowned. It must've been Hee Ra. She was 100% sure now. Hee Ra must've done something and she had to find out what. She grabbed her bags and ran out the door.

"Yah! You didn't eat yet," Youngdoo yelled as the door shut closed.

Joo Eun got to school in no time. As she was walking towards class, she heard a bunch of whispers and stares looking her way. Once she got to class, the noisy class fell silent. She walked to her seat and sat down next to Doha.

"What's up with today? Why is everybody acting so strangely?" Joo Eun whispered to Doha as she placed her bag to the side.

Doha ignored her and continued reading his book.

"Doha?" Joo Eun waved her hand in front of his face. "Doha?!"

"Why are you talking to MY boyfriend?" Hee Ra came up to them.

"Your boyfriend?" Joo Eun frowned. "Excuse me?"

"I would like it if you kept your distance from my boyfriend," Hee Ra smirked. "I don't like it when my boyfriend's ex-girlfriend tries to initiate a conversation with MY boyfriend."

"Are you crazy?" Joo Eun scoffed.

Jaehyun turned around and clenched his fists trying to hold himself back from punching Doha in the face. Youngdoo who had just walked through the door was wondering what was happening. Inho walked up to Youngdoo and dragged him away.

"What's going on?" Youngdoo asked.

"I don't know, but news broke out this morning that Doha and Hee Ra are dating," Inho shrugged.

"Who the hell said that?" Youngdoo glared.

Youngdoo looked at the three people from across the room.

"You're MY boyfriend right Doha?" Hee Ra smiled as she clung onto Doha's arm.

Joo Eun looked at Doha as she waited for him to deny it.

"Yeah," Doha said emotionlessly without looking up.

"Doha? What are you saying?" Joo Eun was on the verge of tears.

Before anybody could say another word, Jaehyun got out of his seat and dragged Joo Eun out of the classroom. Doha instinctively got up and grabbed onto Joo Eun's wrist with a sad look in his eye.

"Let go of her," Jaehyun gritted his teeth.

Doha instantly let go of her hand and sat back down as she watched the two leave from the corner of his eye. Youngdoo ran up to Doha and held him up by the collar.

"What do you think you're doing?" Youngdoo screamed as he looked at Doha with death in his eyes.

Doha couldn't dare to meet Youngdoo in the eye as he lifelessly stood there. Inho removed Youngdoo from Doha and he stood in between them to stop a fight from starting.

"I didn't know you were this type of person," Inho said quietly. "I thought you sincerely liked her when I first came. I guess I made the wrong decision."

"I-" Doha began.

"Don't talk to me anymore," Youngdoo glared. "You're not even our friend anymore. Do whatever you want. Just don't come anywhere near us."

A sharp pain hit Doha in the chest. He tried his best not to shed tears, but it was hard. First he had lost Joo Eun and now he had lost all his friends.

"Whatever, he has me now," Hee Ra said as she hugged Doha from the back with no response from Doha.

Doha released her and quietly walked out to the rooftop where he saw Jaehyun and Joo Eun. Jaehyun was standing behind Joo Eun watching her quietly as she sobbed her heart out. Doha gritted his teeth telling himself that this was what he had planned to happen. He closed his eyes as he couldn't bear the sight of seeing Joo Eun cry. Just as he was about to leave, he caught a movement from the corner of his eye. His eyes widened as he saw Jaehyun grab Joo Eun into an embrace. Jaehyun was patting the top of Joo Eun's head as she sobbed in his chest. Doha clenched his fists so tight that his nails had began to dig into his skin, but he didn't care. He wanted to run there and rip the two apart and hold Joo Eun in his arms, but he couldn't.

"Joo Eun, everything will be okay," Jaehyun said as he patted her head.

"W-what should I do now?" Joo Eun said through her tears. "I just began to really like him."

"Forget about him," Jaehyun pulled Joo Eun away and held her by the shoulders.

"Easier said than done," Joo Eun looked up at him. "I can't just forget everything like that. He was so important to me."

"Then, I'll make you forget about him," Jaehyun said with no expression on his face.

"How?" Joo Eun wiped her tears.

Before she knew it, she felt a pair of lips on her lips. Her eyes widened in shock as she pushed the guy away from here.

"What are you doing?" Joo Eun yelled.

Doha took a step forward when he saw what happened. He felt as if a thousand pins had pierced his heart and he couldn't help but shed a tear. He turned away and walked down the stairs before he could witness anything else.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to," Jaehyun bit his lip.

Joo Eun turned around and ran back to the classroom, but she stopped in her tracks when she saw Doha peacefully sitting there. She took a deep breath before she took the seat next to him. Jaehyun shortly got back after her and she couldn't bear to make eye contact with him. The rest of the day went by slowly. 

Joo Eun decided to get everything off her mind by going shopping alone. She walked through the busy mall as she window shopped. She couldn't afford anything anyway. She stopped in front of a store as she stared at the beautiful summer dress the mannequin was wearing. Would Doha have liked it if I wore something like that? Joo Eun thought to herself. She looked inside the store to find a couple inside the store. Her breath stopped.

The guy had seen her too. The two locked eyes as if time had stopped between the two. Her focus was broken when a masked man grabbed her bag from her and ran off with it. Startled, Joo Eun was about to run after him when she saw a familiar figure run past her.

"Doha..." the name slipped through her lips.

Hee Ra came out of the shop with an angry look on her face. "You again," Hee Ra rolled her eyes. "Are you stalking us or something?"

"You threatened him, didn't you?" Joo Eun glared at the girl. "He would never date someone like you."

"Jealous he chose me over you?" Hee Ra laughed.

"No, I'm not," Joo Eun smirked. "Because I know he likes me and he still does. I don't care what you threatened him with, but I'm not going to give him up so easily."

"Back off my boyfriend," Hee Ra pushed Joo Eun.

"Your boyfriend?" Joo Eun scoffed. "You mean my boyfriend. He didn't even break up with me yet."

"You sure are delusional," Hee Ra rolled her eyes.

Before Joo Eun could say anything, a bag was placed in her hand. Joo Eun smiled as he looked at the guy standing in front of her.

"Thanks," Joo Eun smiled.

"I would've done it for anyone," Doha said coldly.

"Let's go somewhere else, being here just ruined my mood," Hee Ra glared at Joo Eun as she grabbed Doha's arm and dragged him somewhere else.

"I'm not giving up on you so easily, Park Doha," Joo Eun whispered as she watched the two figures walk away.