// school trip pt. 2

My Best Friend's Friends

"Wow! It's so beautiful!" Joo Eun admired the sight in front of her.

"Aren't you glad I brought you here?" Youngdoo smiled as he stood next to her.

"I am," Joo Eun smiled.

"Keep enjoying it, the view isn't going to leave you," Jaehyun chuckled as he watched the girl.

Joo Eun shot him a playful glare before heading over to the dining table. The day had gone by quickly and Joo Eun could not have been any happier. They had visited various places and even though she was Korean, she had never been to Jeju before making this a new experience for her. All her thoughts flew out the window and she could only think about the places she had seen today.

"Come eat before the food gets cold," Joo Eun shouted at Youngdoo as she took a knife and fork to cut into her steak.

It was already 9pm and the class got together to eat dinner at the hotel. Joo Eun digged into her meat and the refreshing taste hit her automatically.

"Delicious!" Joo Eun grinned.

Doha chuckled as he watched her stuff her face noticing a little sauce caught at the edge of . He was ready to grab his napkin to wipe it off for her, but another hand had already reached her lips before he knew it.

"You got a little something here," Jaehyun said as he took his finger and wiped the sauce off Joo Eun's mouth.

"T-thanks," Joo Eun muttered as she continued eating.

Jaehyun returned to his meal as if it was no big deal. Doha didn't realize his fists were clenched into fists until he felt his nails digging into his skin. He quickly released his grip and acted as if he had not seen what happened. 

"I'm going to get more food," Joo Eun grinned as she got up. "This is a buffet after all, got to make the most out of it."

"I'll go with you," Jaehyun replied immediately.

"I'll come along too," Doha blurted out.

"What's going on?" Youngdoo lifted an eyebrow as he stared at the three.

"Um... okay," Joo Eun said awkwardly as she placed her keys and phone on the table.

Joo Eun tried hiding her smile as she walked towards the aisles of food with Jaehyun and Doha on her tail. Youngdoo stared as the three walked away leaving him at the table by himself.

"W-wait for me!" Youngdoo yelled as he stuffed his last piece of meat in his mouth before following along. 

Hee Ra who was watching from the sidelines clenched her fists. She had to think of a plan to get rid of Joo Eun fast, and that was when she noticed something sitting on the table with no owner. Hee Ra walked up to the empty table as she quickly slipped the key and phone into her hand. 

"Guess you'll be sleeping out in the cold today, Kwak Joo Eun," Hee Ra smirked as she quickly left the scene.

Joo Eun returned to the table with a pile of food and three guys following right behind her. She was enjoying their company too much to even remember what happened at school anymore. It wasn't until she finally finished her pile of food that she realized both her phone and key was gone.

"Have you seen my phone or my room key?" Joo Eun frowned as she asked Youngdoo.

"No, did you lose it?" Youngdoo asked as he looked around. "You sure you didn't leave it in your room?"

"No, I'm pretty sure I had it with me," Joo Eun scratched the back of her head. "Or maybe not..."

"Go check in your room, I'm sure it'll be there," Youngdoo replied. "Anyway, it's getting late. You should head back anyway."

"Okay, thanks, see you guys tomorrow," Joo Eun replied as she waved the three off before heading her way.

Joo Eun stood in front of the door to her room. She bit her lip before banging on the door. 

"Hee Ra, are you there?" Joo Eun knocked quietly at first.

After no reply, Joo Eun began knocking harder and harder still without a reply.

"Did she fall asleep already?" Joo Eun frowned. She tried once more, but of course, there was no reply.

Joo Eun decided to head down to the lobby to get an extra room key and to her despair, there was a big sign placed on the tabletop. "BREAK" Joo Eun stood there with wide open. What was she supposed to do now? It was cold in the lobby as the AC was blasting, but she had nowhere else to go. She didn't even know Youngdoo's room number. 

"Guess I'll have to stay here for now," Joo Eun muttered to herself as she rubbed her arms to keep herself warm. It was summer so all she had on was a tshirt and shorts, but it was way too cold in the lobby for her to be wearing just that.

Joo Eun found a seat in the middle of the lobby. She constantly looked at the clock waiting for somebody to return to the front desk, but it felt as if time was taking forever to pass. The cold just made it worse. Joo Eun shivered as she rubbed her arms.

"Joo Eun?" a voice called her.

Joo Eun turned around to find Doha. His hair was wet and there was a towel slung across his shoulder telling her he had just took a shower. He was wearing a simple white tanktop with shorts and flip flops. His toned body could be seen underneath the white shirt. A blush slowly crept onto Joo Eun's cheeks as she stared at him.

"D-doha!" Joo Eun stuttered.

"What are you doing out here?" Doha questioned.

"Um... I couldn't get inside my room and there's nobody at the front desk right now," Joo Eun pointed to the empty front desk. "So I'm waiting for them."

"Ah... I see," Doha nodded as he quietly continued his path back to his room.

Doha glanced at Joo Eun and he could see goosebumps up her arm. She constantly rubbed her arms and by the way she was hurddled into a ball, he could tell she was freezing. He was already freezing and he hadn't even been in the lobby for longer than a minute. Doha bit his lip as he took a couple steps back. Doha tapped Joo Eun on the shoulder.

"Would you like to come to my room?" Doha asked.

"E-e-e-excuse me?!" Joo Eun stuttered.

"I didn't mean it that way!" Doha quickly said. "It's cold out here and maybe you can stay until somebody returns."

Before she knew it, Joo Eun was standing in front of Doha's room. She couldn't stand being in that ice cold lobby anymore. She watched as Doha slid the key and opened the door to his room. She was expecting his roommate to be there but it was empty.

"Where's your roommate?" Joo Eun asked.

"Ah, Teacher Park? He went to have a drink with the staff," Doha chuckled. "I don't think he's returning anytime soon so don't worry about it. Just make yourself comfortable."

"Y-yes, thank you," Joo Eun said as she sat on one of the beds.

"You must be tired, do you want to take a nap?" Doha asked as he got up and walked over to her bed to fix the sheets for her.

"N-no I'm fine," Joo Eun said she got up to stop Doha before tripping on something and falling backwards.

Doha's eyes shot wide opened as he attempted to catch her forgetting for a second that there was a bed underneath them. Doha landed on top of Joo Eun with their faces several inches away from each other. The two stared at each other in awkward silence before Joo Eun let out a muttered curse. Doha got off of her and looked at her palm.

"I must've scratched it when I was falling," Joo Eun muttered under her breath as she stared at her bleeding palm. 

Without saying a word, Doha went to the bathroom and returned with a first aid kit. He sat on the bed next to Joo Eun as he took her hand and placed it on his lap.

"W-what are you doing?" Joo Eun asked as she tried taking her hand back.

"Just stay still," Doha said as he grabbed her hand.

He examined her hand carefully before applying ointment and a band aid on it. He blew the cut hoping it would make it hurt less.

"There, done," Doha smiled as he finally released her arm which for some reason made Joo Eun feel disappointed.

"T-thanks," Joo Eun muttered.

"It's something anyone would've done," Doha replied as he set the medical kit aside.

"Maybe you're not as bad as I thought," Joo Eun chuckled as she stared at Doha's side profile.

"You're going to bore a hole in my face if you keep staring," Doha met eyes with her.

Joo Eun blushed as she quickly looked away.

"I'm going to take a nap, wake me up in a few minutes," Joo Eun said as she lied down on the bed.

"Good night," Doha said as Joo Eun's eyes closed.